Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

How To Protect Against Malware: Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses, Spyware, Etc. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Protect Against Malware: Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses, Spyware, Etc. (417 Views)

Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos / This Scary Google Play Malware/virus Can Damage Your Phone In Minutes / Google Detects Dangerous Spyware Apps On Android Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Against Malware: Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses, Spyware, Etc. by ChifysWorld: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hazards of Malicious App on Facebook

A lot of people have complained that their account has been hacked, somebody starts posting nude pictures and malicious links on your timeline. They chat up your Facebook friends asking for financial assistance that your mom or wife or one relative is sick and needs expensive medical assistance to survive....they spam and scam with your account and on your behalf. Yes, they destroy your social and corporate image. Who told you a stupid app can tell who your boyfriend or spouse will be or how many kids you will have or the number of cars you will have or probably read your so called zodiac signs and tell you how fortunate you are to be born on a particular date. The only truth that you will get from those stupid app and zodiac signs is the fact that you are stupid. Yes its very obvious....i don't need a malicious app or a star gazer to tell me that. Your argument might be that you do it for fun. I feel your pain oo... because you are having fun at your own peril. Allow me to educate your ignorant self that most of those Apps are loaded with malware and if you are oblivious of what that is, a 'Malware' is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransom-ware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs. It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software. There are millions of them that the antivirus can not even keep up with their evolution.
With that they can have access to your device and do what ever they wish. A lot of them are undetectable like the stealth "Keyloggers" and "The Extractors". While the Keylogger records every keystroke you make on you device and sends them to who ever it was programmed to communicate to, the "Extractor" records and transmits the content of every form you fill online. It means that it records and sends the login details every account you have online. Which compromises your emails, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your everything online.
The internet is a wonderful place but also very dangerous. Don't make a habit of giving third party apps permission to view your details or post to your timeline.
Think safety, browse safely and forgive my strong language.

Dennis Obi
Web Developer/System Analyst

http://chifysworld..com.ng/2016/07/the-danger-of-malicious-apps-on-facebook.html
Re: How To Protect Against Malware: Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses, Spyware, Etc. by CybaPhlex: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Awesome one thanks for the update

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania Hit By Deadly Earthquake / Microsoft Offers Apple Users $650 Off To Trade A Macbook For A Surface / Hackers Turn Tesla Into A Brain-controlled Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.