Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,620 members, 7,847,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water (1259 Views)

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone / Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hey, I want share this with you. I watched a life hack video on what to do when your smart phone fall inside water and guess what it work for me like charm. I was bathing and listening to music with my phone unfortunately my phone fall inside the water. I rushed as fast as I can to pick it up from water. Instantly I remembered what I saw on the video I watched.
1. Remove the battery and the phone case
2.brought two to three cups of uncooked rice in a waterproof bag
3. I Put the phone that fall inside water into the waterproof bag with the uncooked rice inside it
4. Double the waterproof bag with another waterproof bag and tie it up very well
5. Keep it aside and leave for two to three hours
6. See the magic, it will absorb the whole water that is inside the phone
7. I put my phone battery back and on it
8. It works perfectly didn't experience any single fault

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by mjames: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good to know
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by faaz24: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
The rice nko, won't it be contaminated ?

You didn't tell us what you did with the magic rice...ate it. ? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Already know this
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by pointstores(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
great
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by kmcee: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nice tip. It may come in handy one day. Thanks for sharing.
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by sweetilicious(f): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op please eh, my precious phone fell into the water. The battery is in built. It started tripping off and i took it to professionals for repair. It worked for some days but i don't see it as the same again. Will this method still help my phone? I took care of this phone so well.
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
sweetilicious:
Op please eh, my precious phone fell into the water. The battery is in built. It started tripping off and i took it to professionals for repair. It worked for some days but i don't see it as the same again. Will this method still help my phone? I took care of this phone so well.
no i think so because they have already loosen up the phone. Maybe you can still try your luck.
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by OjayDavido(m): 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
whith d way rice cost so. U try op
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
OjayDavido:
whith d way rice cost so. U try op
honestly it doesn't affect the rice, it will still be dry you will suprise.
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by OjayDavido(m): 12:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Brunosamel:
honestly it doesn't affect the rice, it will still be dry you will suprise.
tank u sa!
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 12:23am On Jul 02, 2016
OjayDavido:

tank u sa!
you are welcome
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by JKriss16(m): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Bro,am using tecno L5 with non removable ba3. What do i do?
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
JKriss16:
do it, am certain it will work.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by TrollinStone: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
If no rice nearby, what to do?
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by 2kurupt(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2016
TrollinStone:
If no rice nearby, what to do?

If you don't have rice nearby then use silicon gels. You know those small bags we see in some new stuff like electronic cartons that we buy? But you'll hardly get enough unless you've be stockpiling them so rice is the best readily available option.

JKriss16:
Even with a non removable battery it works. When my LG g2 feel into water I did the same but kept it in the rice for almost 3 days wink

In fact the very first thing to do is to put the phone off else your motherboard can be short circuited and fry

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by ify84(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Brunosamel:
Hey, I want share this with you. I watched a life hack video on what to do when your smart phone fall inside water and guess what it work for me like charm. I was bathing and listening to music with my phone unfortunately my phone fall inside the water. I rushed as fast as I can to pick it up from water. Instantly I remembered what I saw on the video I watched.
1. Remove the battery and the phone case
t

How will you remove the phone casing Especially the front casing, when u don't have screw at hand ?
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Find screw driver or just remove the phone cover,battery pack and follow the procedure. I assure you it will work like charm
Re: What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water by Brunosamel(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Find screw driver or just remove the phone cover,battery pack and follow the procedure. I assure you it will work like charm
ify84:

How will you remove the phone casing Especially the front casing, when u don't have screw at hand ?

(1) (Reply)

LG G6 Reviews, Full Spec And Nigeria Price / Too Much Juice I Don't Need Power Source / New Trend Of Copying Apple Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.