Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Please Advise Me... Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Advise Me... Please (949 Views)

Going To Usa To Hustle Vs Going To Uk To Hustle, Please Advise Me / Please Advise Me Which Country Can I Start A Good Hustle / Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me... Please by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hi Nairalanders, I need matured advise only please.

I sincerely want to move out of this country.

I have the funds to buy our (I, my husband & our daughter) tickets and stay for at least 3-6months. I have relatives, friends that God can use to house us(while we pay for the meals, at least or share a little % of the bills, cos I know nothing is free abroad).

Please how do I go about applying for a visa to either UK or US?

CC: Mods, lalasticlacla,
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
AyaSunday:
Hi Nairalanders, I need matured advise only please.

I sincerely want to move out of this country.

I have the funds to buy our (I, my husband & our daughter) tickets and stay for at least 3-6months. I have relatives, friends that God can use to house us(while we pay for the meals, at least or share a little % of the bills, cos I know nothing is free abroad).

Please how do I go about applying for a visa to either UK or US?

CC: Mods, lalasticlacla,

I know that this is not what you want to hear but i have to say it... this is not the way to go about your plan of leaving Nigeria, you can't live and work in any of those countries legally with visiting visa. You are going to become an illegal immigrant within 6months and start running from the authority.

If you want to leave Nigeria with the appropriate visa that will allow you to live and work legally then those two countries will hardly give you the visa from Nigeria

Alternatively you can try Canadian work program https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Or Australian permanent resident through skill work program https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me... Please by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
justwise:

I know that this is not what you want to hear but i have to say it... this is not the way to go about your plan of leaving Nigeria, you can't live and work in any of those countries legally with visiting visa. You are going to become an illegal immigrant within 6months and start running from the authority.

If you want to leave Nigeria with the appropriate visa that will allow you to live and work legally then those two countries will hardly give you the visa from Nigeria

Alternatively you can try Canadian work program https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Or Australian permanent resident through skill work program https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

I appreciate your response and I'll work on the 2 options but to further check my eligibility, please I want to ask, what if my relative who is now a citizen in UK, should invite I and my family over to stay with him (bearing in mind that I will not overburden him financially)?

Can this scenario above work?
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
AyaSunday:

I appreciate your response and I'll work on the 2 options but to further check my eligibility, please I want to ask, what if my relative who is now a citizen in UK, should invite I and my family over to stay with him (bearing in mind that I will not overburden him financially)?

Can this scenario above work?

It will not work if your intention is to live and work in the UK.
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by princeonx: 5:23am On Jul 02, 2016
justwise:

It will not work if your intention is to live and work in the UK.
You forgot to add Period. cool

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me... Please by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 02, 2016
princeonx:

You forgot to add Period. cool

grin
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2016
Hello justwise...thanks for ur contributions.
Unfortunately am new to this forum... realised a little late guys like u existed....I need ur advice urgently.
Just applied (29th of June at Vi)for a UK business visa for plab 2 exam coming up in September.since then I hv got really nervous... beginning to realize I had made some blunders on my application..most especially when I started reading the reviews on this forum. they are as follows:
1. my dad is my sponsor so in his bank statements(2)-one has a recent deposit of 300k by himself, balance before then was about 2.8 million...other bank statement has about 2.3 million with no recent lump deposits. my question is will this make the Ec suspicious... because even without that recent deposit funds would still be adequate.Also the bank statements where printed 3/6/16 but submitted 29/6/16..is this gap too much?
My dad owns a private hospital and I help running it he pays me cash in hand..even though I also work at the government hospital in osun state where salaries hv been horrible for the past year that's why he agreed to sponsor me. I also included my irregular,dry bank statement in my visa application though and explained why hes sponsoring me. Also I am married with a kid too so hv other commitments.
2.while I was in medical skool I was a frequent traveller to the UK but the last time a travelled I spent almost 5 months(can't remember how long I stated was going to be there for)but during my stay other plans came up so had to stay that long but left UK to reapply again to take an American medical exam which wasn't done in Nigeria but got refused in late 2008 due to incomplete documentation but reapplied immediately again for them to say I hv inadequate funds...so had to cancel my exam.
D blunder I made here in my recent application was when they asked how Long did I spend in my last visit I said a month which wasn't true... as I hv explained above.... so pls with this blunders should I cancel my application even though it's on its way to the DMC( not yet received)...should I request my passport be sent back before they start digging dirt out.I don't mind applying again...Even though time n money will be lost.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
Unfortunately am new to this forum... realised a little late guys like u existed....I need ur advice urgently.
Just applied (29th of June at Vi)for a UK business visa for plab 2 exam coming up in September.since then I hv got really nervous... beginning to realize I had made some blunders on my application..most especially when I started reading the reviews on this forum. they are as follows:
1. my dad is my sponsor so in his bank statements(2)-one has a recent deposit of 300k by himself, balance before then was about 2.8 million...other bank statement has about 2.3 million with no recent lump deposits. my question is will this make the Ec suspicious... because even without that recent deposit funds would still be adequate.Also the bank statements where printed 3/6/16 but submitted 29/6/16..is this gap too much?
My dad owns a private hospital and I help running it he pays me cash in hand..even though I also work at the government hospital in osun state where salaries hv been horrible for the past year that's why he agreed to sponsor me. I also included my irregular,dry bank statement in my visa application though and explained why hes sponsoring me. Also I am married with a kid too so hv other commitments.
2.while I was in medical skool I was a frequent traveller to the UK but the last time a travelled I spent almost 5 months(can't remember how long I stated was going to be there for)but during my stay other plans came up so had to stay that long but left UK to reapply again to take an American medical exam which wasn't done in Nigeria but got refused in late 2008 due to incomplete documentation but reapplied immediately again for them to say I hv inadequate funds...so had to cancel my exam.
D blunder I made here in my recent application was when they asked how Long did I spend in my last visit I said a month which wasn't true... as I hv explained above.... so pls with this blunders should I cancel my application even though it's on its way to the DMC( not yet received)...should I request my passport be sent back before they start digging dirt out.I don't mind applying again...Even though time n money will be lost.
Thanks in advance.

Actually you are right its a serious blunder that could earn you a ban because that is a serious case of misrepresentation.

If you can cancel go ahead and not only correct the mistake but also explain why you stayed 5months in your previous visit.
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Thanks for ur swift reply
I'll do that now...but I hope it won't raise suspicion and please wot excuse can I give for my application to be cancelled and passport returned...can it affect my next application?thanks again
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
Thanks for ur swift reply
I'll do that now...but I hope it won't raise suspicion and please wot excuse can I give for my application to be cancelled and passport returned...can it affect my next application?thanks again

Have submitted physically and done biometric ?
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
Yes I hv....on the 29th of June
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
Yes I hv....on the 29th of June

Oh well..tough one really, can't really give you any excuse other than that you made a mistake in your application.
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
So i'll go ahead and request for it and also tell em I made a mistake on the application thats why am requesting for it...God help me cry
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
But has anyone u know been tru this kind of dilemma... anyways thanks for ur advice....I'll do as u said. then I'll reapply...clean slate! but I'll apply thru ikeja not vi...to speed up the process(alot of ppl say it's quicker applying in ikeja)...but attracts extra fee...Thanks
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
But has anyone u know been tru this kind of dilemma... anyways thanks for ur advice....I'll do as u said. then I'll reapply...clean slate! but I'll apply thru ikeja not vi...to speed up the process(alot of ppl say it's quicker applying in ikeja)...but attracts extra fee...Thanks

You mean cancelling application?
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by ruskidoc: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Yes cancelling it...or its too late?not advisable?
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
Yes cancelling it...or its too late?not advisable?

Yes people do cancell their application and I don't think it's took late. I guess if it's too late you will be told when you make the cancellation request
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by Greatzeus(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
ruskidoc:
Thanks in advance.
From what you wrote you come from a reputable family,your dad is a doctor and you are gainfully employed. Why are you now stressing yourself about travelling abroad.
Why not focus on your career,soon you will have opportunity to travel anywhere you want
Re: Please Advise Me... Please by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
Greatzeus:

From what you wrote you come from a reputable family,your dad is a doctor and you are gainfully employed. Why are you now stressing yourself about travelling abroad.
Why not focus on your career,soon you will have opportunity to travel anywhere you want

I'm not sure you read and understood what he wrote.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Female NYSC Member Dies In A Fatal Accident In Enugu(photos) / Nigerian In Dubai / Terrible Accident Kills Motorcycle Rider In Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.