Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? (2087 Views)

Brilliant Ones Only!!even Some Graduates Will Still Fail This SIMPLE Arithmetic / Teacher Fails Simple Arithmetic & Spelling During Kogi State Screening Exercise / Whosoever Solves This Simple Arithmetic Is A Genius (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Many graduates are mathematicians but not many are good in accounting. This looks easy but it is not because everyone will arrive at a different answer…

A lady bought goods worth ₦200 and paid the
shopkeeper with a ₦1000 Note.

The Shopkeeper had no change on him so he
went to another Shopkeeper John his neighbour and collected ₦1000 change in ₦200 denominations, with which he settled the lady and she left.

A little while later, John came back angrily after
he discovered the ₦1000 note he was given by the shopkeeper was fake, and demanded a replacement.

To avoid trouble, the shopkeeper had to give John another ₦1000 and destroyed the counterfeit which had no real value.

So Question for the geniuses…

How much has the Shopkeeper lost in total?

A. ₦1200

B. ₦2000

C. ₦1000

D. ₦1800

E. ₦2200
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Goods worth #200
Change of #800
Friends Moni#1000
total. =#2000 (B)
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by jmoore(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
The lady scammed her = 1,000 lost
He gave another 1,000 to his neighbour= 1,000 lost

Therefore answer is

B>> 2,000
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by biafransoul: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
The shopkeeper simply lost #1000, he lost to the dubious lady.
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
C
He gave the lady 200 naira goods and his neighbour 1000 naira he kept 200 from the pieces of change his neighbour gave him
The 800 given to the lady was from his neighbour
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by bless2tom(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
dats #2000 loss in total
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Askubur(m): 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
A.1200
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
biafransoul:
The shopkeeper simply lost #1000, he lost to the [b]dubious lady.

Lol
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

And did you forget the part where he gave his neighbour #1000?
That was the 1000 he lost
Goods of 200
Change of 800
His neighbour only helped him break his money down
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

That was the 1000 he lost
Goods of 200
Change of 800
His neighbour only helped him break his money down

He broke a fake currency which the shopkeeper had to take responsibility for
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

He broke a fake currency which the shopkeeper had to take responsibility for

The fake currency in this case becomes inconsequential.
He lost 200 naira goods and 800 naira change only which he paid for with his money.
Wait oh are u the chop/ shop owner
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

The fake currency in this case becomes inconsequential.
He lost 200 naira goods and 800 naira change only which he paid for with his money.
Wait oh are u the chop/ shop owner

Yes, i am indeed the shop owner, thats why this thing dey pain me grin
First you have to realise that the lady brought in a fake 1000note
The shop keeper proceeded to give her 200+800 in goods and money (it doesnt matter if the 800 came from God or his neighbour)
You are also left with the fact that the 800 belongs to the shop keeper because he only broke the money down, the neighbour no dash am
It was an exchange [fake money was exchanged for a real money which he gave to the lady]

So in summary, we have a clever lady who came in here with nothing [fake currency is as good as nothing] and left with #1000
And the neighbor who was given #1000.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Yes, i am indeed the shop owner, thats why this thing dey pain me grin
First you have to realise that the lady brought in a fake 1000note
The shop keeper proceeded to give her 200+800 in goods and money (it doesnt matter if the 800 came from God or his neighbour)
You are also left with the fact that the 800 belongs to the shop keeper because he only broke the money down, the neighbour no dash am
It was an exchange [fake money was exchanged for a real money which he gave to the lady]

So in summary, we have a clever lady who came in here with nothing [fake currency is as good as nothing] and left with #1000
And the neighbor who was given #1000.

The 800 given to the lady was from the neighbour not the shop keeper.
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

The 800 given to the lady was from the neighbour not the shop keeper.

Was the 800 Free cash?
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Was the 800 Free cash?
Whose pocket did it come from
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by goodygallant(f): 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
D shopkeeper lost #1000 only

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

From the neighbors pocket to the lady's pocket.
Which the shopkeeper later paid for.
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I get you now
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

I get you now
Don't get me
Get the lady grin
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Don't get me
Get the lady grin

Hahaha, i'm on it.
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Hahaha, i'm on it.
When you get her let me know
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

When you get her let me know

Why would you want anything to do with such a lady?
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Why would you want anything to do with such a lady?
To help you get ur money back
Re: Checkout This Simple Arithmetic Question,Can You Solve It? by tbabs10166(m): 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
It is very very simple. The shop keeper has only lost #1000. John didn't go away with an extra 1k. He only rejected the fake money and the shopkeeper gave him another 1k. So which means he didn't lose any money to John . The only money lost is the fake money the shopkeeper destroyed. The case is jst synonymous to someone buying goods frm u and didn't pay you, how will you calculate the money lost; the money the buyer refused to pay you is your loss. Or what is the difference between someone who buys goods frm you without paying for the goods and someone who pays with a fake money u later destroyed.

(1) (Reply)

Am I To Rewrite The Jamb Exam? / UNILORIN 2017/2018 Postgraduate Admission List Is Out / Please I Am Not In Nigeria How Can I Collect My WAEC Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.