Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls (19690 Views)

DELETE THIS THREAD / Photo Of FUTO "Man O' War" Leader Who Attempted Suicide By Jumping Into River / OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by MartinsIfeco1(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2016
tsamson:
shocked
The name of that hall is 'Hall of mercy' FUTO is not only stressful than other schools in 9ja but also filled with serious minded students,mature minds(creative and critical thinkers) unlike it's counterparts Imsu.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by truth12(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2016
senatorizyking:
This is just the few bad spots in futo, we have wonderful edifice spring up around the school premise so be objective in criticism. In a nutshell we have solid infrastructure.

From a futoite.

HMMM! I SEE.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Boswell89(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2016
kygo:

And you think the state has not been receiving allocations from the federal govt?....its in a sorry state and you have the state to blame...not every federal school is as dilapidated as this

And how dilapidated is FUTO Hv u bn to FUTO b4 I guess not because ur bizarre comments says otherwise. Save ur foolishness 4 anoda topic

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Paulchris(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2016
that is one of the oldest building in FUTO...
..SMAT already has new complex.....
no other hall us like this in futo
.great futoites......

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Paulchris(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2016
MartinsIfeco1:
The name of that hall is 'Hall of mercy' FUTO is not only stressful than other schools in 9ja but also filled with serious minded students,mature minds(creative and critical thinkers) unlike it's counterparts Imsu.
that can never be Hall of mercy......it is 750cap....behind Hall of mercy

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by cooljude(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:
This is 750 Cap,
One of many Lecture Halls in FUTO,
chool Hostels, where toilets in upper floors seep into rooms beneath..
plz let all know the bad side of FUTO.

I bet you are in your first year and I support your action, I graduated from FUTO 2013 and that building hasn't changed. I hear from my friends that so many structure has being springing up but I also implore that older buildings too be refurbished. I would love you to snap places like lecture hall 2, workshop 3 and those older lecture halls. they must be refurbished.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by anselm791(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2016
And they told me there are no girls in the school.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2016
What about the brothels there, am told they re world class. grin
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Kingsley10000: 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
nevertheless futo still have massive empty edifices scattered all over d school
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nature129(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
I trust another futoite to do a rejoinder asap. grin
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:
This is 750 Cap,
This is Used by the Faculty of Management Sciences (SMAT)
Like many others in FUTO, this lies in a state of dilapidation n dereliction..
No renovations, management and maintenance..
Instead of keeping old buildings in Prime conditions,
new buildings are continually being erected haphazardly while the old ones still in Use are left to rot n crumble..

other derelict buildings include the School Hostels, where toilets in upper floors seep into rooms beneath..

Did you make any attempt to Chanel this information to the right quarters in the school before rushing to nairaland??
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
cooljude:

I bet you are in your first year and I support your action, I graduated from FUTO 2013 and that building hasn't changed. I hear from my friends that so many structure has being springing up but I also implore that older buildings too be refurbished. I would love you to snap places like lecture hall 2, workshop 3 and those older lecture halls. they must be refurbished.

How far will coming to post on nairaland go in bringing the needed attention to that building?
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by urchman101(m): 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
senatorizyking:
This is just the few bad spots in futo, we have wonderful edifice spring up around the school premise so be objective in criticism. In a nutshell we have solid infrastructure.

From a futoite.
I wonder how some people reason. If you had read the post properly, you won't be saying this.
How many go lecture halls in FUTO are in good condition? The good ones are all locked up.
That 750 capacity has been like that since 2008.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by adimsmt: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:
This is 750 Cap,
This is Used by the Faculty of Management Sciences (SMAT)
Like many others in FUTO, this lies in a state of dilapidation n dereliction..
No renovations, management and maintenance..
Instead of keeping old buildings in Prime conditions,
new buildings are continually being erected haphazardly while the old ones still in Use are left to rot n crumble..

other derelict buildings include the School Hostels, where toilets in upper floors seep into rooms beneath..

I pity for my beloved country. I think its about time we develop a curriculum in schools that will teach maintenance culture from primary up till university level at least we hope in the next generation it will reduce this awful mentality of ours.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by cooljude(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
SnowJay92:

How far will coming to post on nairaland go in bringing the needed attention to that building?
You would be surprise how many visit Nairaland and how lots of Nairaland topics appear on Google search. posting your views on any site increases the odd that somebody who really matters might see those pics and act on it. I would never hype any Nigeria school because they are far below standard even my beloved FUTO too.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by phillthy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
Oh FUTO my FUTO. What has happened to thee.
You shall rise again...
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
OP, na wa o. I went to FUTO this year naa, n I saw massive lecture halls being built here and there. A lecturer even told me that the school just looks like a huge construction site, though I couldn't go round cos THE SCHOOL IS DAMN BIG. So while I agree (as an outsider) that some halls might be bad, you should also state that some if not most are okay. Your topic says "Sorry state of FUTO lecture halls" and you posted pix of just one hall..... Do u agree that as someone stated, there r more good looking ones than the one u posted which to me aside ceilings which ain't there n d posters on d wall isn't even bad AT ALL AT ALL? Stop commenting as if all the lecture halls are bad....... D one u have your lectures in might be bad though.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Isyrudyte: 8:01am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol, is this how Unilag is glaringly superb

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by sydneyboss(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2016
The op just wanna get attention, I can say to you apart from 750cap and former seet head, no other lecture hall is as bad as you are trying to paint Futo... why not go to the new seet complex, smat complex, sosc, 1000cap, 500cap, hall of mercy and take pics and post here. Appreciate the fact that futo is coming up with good building faculties, I got admission in 2009 and I tell you, u are very lucky cos I remember when we use to run up and down looking for lecture hall which I guess have stopped. Assuming you are schooling in imsu, u for don cry finish Na.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY A PROFESSIONAL COURSE.

A professional course and a university education in Nigeria has been seen as a very important achievement in the life of any male or female Nigerian youth. In Nigeria today, people without university degrees are sometimes considered as uneducated or dumb.

READ MORE AT https://eduguidehub.com/reasons-to-study-professional-course/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Physically-Challenged Ahmad Suyudi Graduates From Cyprus University / What Can One Do With A Sociology Degree? / Floods Bring Snakes To Schools In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.