Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,213 members, 7,842,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

We Forget Too Soon. (A Rejoinder To Are They Qualified Or Not) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / We Forget Too Soon. (A Rejoinder To Are They Qualified Or Not) (427 Views)

‘Forget About the Stigma’ Male Nurses Explain Why Nursing Is a Job of the Future / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. / Writing A Convincing Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Forget Too Soon. (A Rejoinder To Are They Qualified Or Not) by isikefelister: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Some months ago I wrote on the CBN employment headline, headline I say because that is what some pertinent issues are made to be these days. I was of the opinion that their being qualified is more important than the ethical issues involved or the ensuing smear campaign. But a repeat has happened in the FIRS employment, and as expected we Nigerians acted in our known way. We have gotten used to it, so as usual the 'God Dey' mentality has taken hold. No doubt there is God always, He is timeless and unchanging. But we as a nation has lost the essence of being collective. It has to do with the "self-mentality", not the" we mentality".

There is a track record, though, of we Nigerians forgetting too soon. I do remember growing up listening to the songs of Fela notably ITT, well, Nigerians forgot the people mentioned in that song. Today we have enshrined some as symbols of democracy. Some will say people change, yes they do. But when they do, making restitution for their wrong is important. The new catch phrase being brandish is those who ate our yam, not a bad one I dare say. But yams in our farm are almost entirely depleted by a recurring few. But still, as a Nation we survive because true to self we leave it all to God in our 'God Dey' philosophy.

Just like the BBOG campaign that was based on the tenets of Government failing in their social contract of security. So it is expected that we Nigerian youths set up a corrective campaign on the FIRS or CBN issues which defaulted on the social contract of presumed equal opportunity. Sorry, I forgot they have given us, masses our own, in new sets of employment we see.
Government is a continuum, it never ceases or halts, what changes is it shade or constituents. What has changed so far is what was mentioned earlier. Well, I am Nigerian "I know say God dey" and "e go better". It always does. Please, let's embrace the YES programme, it will lead to more employers of labour, thus creating wealth.

To these great Nigerians, Captain Elechi Amadi , Justice Nikki Tobi and Ojo Maduekwe may their souls rest in peace.

Author
Chukwunwezie Yalokwu

(1) (Reply)

Open Question: Igcse Development Certificate / Online Business Guaranteed To Give You Steady Income Every Month / Attend Our August Sage Patel Evolution ERP Training & Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.