Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele (1005 Views)

Beware Of Terrible Friends! See What This Lady's Friend Did To Her On Social Med / Beware Of Terrible Friends! See What This Lady's Friend Did To Her On Social Med / SCAM ALERT: Beware Of This "BVN Validation Message" - It's Fake!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
A few days ago, my younger sister called me up to ask that I make a deposit for her into the account of an "events manager".

When I probed her for the reason, she said it was for registration and outfits for an upcoming event, the pay for which was supposed to be 35k.

That immediately sent the alarm bells ringing off.

1. Never have I heard of intending hostesses for an event being charged for registration much less outfits. The cost for outfits is usually billed to the client.

2. Big players in the events industry pay about 10k to hostesses, so who is this upstart that's claiming to pay 35k for a single event?

I asked for all the details she had about him. She gave me his Instagram handle.

When I checked out the page (Deluxe_event_planners), I realized that, only about four weeks ago, he was running that page with a different handle (Lacreame _ushering_agency), as that's the handle by which he's mentioned in some of the comments on his posts.

In essence, all those who know his handle as Lacreame, will no longer be able to find him under this handle, even though he's still running the same page.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
A quick Facebook search of this name called up only one result.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
Does this look like the CEO of a company that's capable of paying 35k per event?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
My sister says this is the picture on his DP. I can bet all my hair that it's a stolen picture.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
My convo with my sister

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
More.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by GourmetChef: 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
The bottomline,: be careful out there. There's a hoard of desperate swindlers ready to cheat you of your hard-earned money.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Con Artist Stephen Ibhagbugbele by texcoo(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2016
Thanks for this alert, my sister got lucky today from this silly scammer.

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Of Honour Ms, Kemi Adewumi, Welcomes Notable Guest At , Ethan & Harriet / What Do You Want For Christmas? – Drop Your Comments / Opinion -Between The Blue And The Red Pills, Which One Will You Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.