Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. (1885 Views)

Building A Four Flat: Need All The Help And Advice I Can Get / Size Of This Land And Cost To Build This Property / The Changing Skyline Of Lagos: 10 Buildings To Look Out For In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Am about to purchase this very property . It's not Wat I wanted but I have to compromise because the search process is wearing me out and the money is slowly dwindling away .

The issue is from the look of the property. , the road seem higher than the house.

And the house is way lower than the driveway.
Is this a red flag for erosion problem?

Ps. The property is in ijesha surulere lagos.

Spyder880
Segcymoor
Mufutau55
Egunmogaji

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by UndisputedBosom(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
*adjusting my classes*

"Road highter than the house" erosion is inevitable.....

The property is okey, though am not a professional grin

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by arthurshelly: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
The property is okay...from the front photo on here errosion is inevitable but check of the backyard of the building is slope for the errosion to escape throught back yard
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
arthurshelly:
The property is okay...from the front photo on here errosion is inevitable but check of the backyard of the building is slope for the errosion to escape throught back yard
UndisputedBosom:
*adjusting my classes*
"Road highter than the house" erosion is inevitable.....
The property is okey, though am not a professional grin

INEVITABLE shocked
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
bebe2:
Am about to purchase this very property . It's not Wat I wanted but I have to compromise because the search process is wearing me out and the money is slowly dwindling away .

The issue is from the look of the property. , the road seem higher than the house.

Spyder880
Segcymoor
Mufutau55
Egunmogaji

Madam, I don't do Lagos and I'm not a professional anyways BUT the bolded is what I have an issue with.

I would keep looking. There are many houses on the market.
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Madam, I don't do Lagos and I'm not a professional anyways BUT the bolded is what I have an issue with.

I would keep looking. There are many houses on the market.

Okk. But wats ur layman's opinion on the issues I stated?

I don't mind the property oo, it's the best of the lot ve seen. It's just that water issue that I gear.
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by danowena: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
bebe2:

Spyder880
Segcymoor
Mufutau55
Egunmogaji

Madam, please do your due diligence which will cost you very little compared to the value of the house. Get a structural engineer like aventures to actually visit the house. And let him give you his professional sincere assessment. I know people who have bought houses thinking they had a good bargain only to realise the houses they bought has structural issues. I even know one that demolished the house thereby loosing close to 35 million if u value only the land. Follow these steps please:

1. Get a certified structural engineer to make an assessment (not online advise).
2. If structural engineer gives a go ahead, get a lawyer to go through the the paper work and verify from the ministry of justice that there is no litigation on the land. Otherwise you have entered one chance. The lawyer is also to do serious background checks for you.
3. If 1 & 2 is okay, then go to step 4.
4. Send me 2% of the value of purchase. Check my signature for account details. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
bebe2:

Okk. But wats ur layman's opinion on the issues I stated?

I don't mind the property oo, it's the best of the lot ve seen. It's just that water issue that I gear.

In order to give a layman's opinion, I'll have to see the neighborhood in context not just the driveway.

The roadway is clearly higher but does it slope to the other side? Is it at the beginning of an incline or at the end? I don't know.
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
danowena:

Madam, please do your due diligence which will cost you very little compared to the value of the house. Get a structural engineer like aventures to actually visit the house. And let him give you his professional sincere assessment. I know people who have bought houses thinking they had a good bargain only to realise the houses they bought has structural issues. I even know one that demolished the house thereby loosing close to 35 million if u value only the land. Follow these steps please:

1. Get a certified structural engineer to make an assessment (not online advise).
2. If structural engineer gives a go ahead, get a lawyer to go through the the paper work and verify from the ministry of justice that there is no litigation on the land. Otherwise you have entered one chance. The lawyer is also to do serious background checks for you.
3. If 1 & 2 is okay, then go to step 4.
4. Send me 2% of the value of purchase. Check my signature for account details. cheesy

Lol@num 4

Tanks a lot will get a structural engineer.

Who is a aventures?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

In order to give a layman's opinion, I'll have to see the neighborhood in context not just the driveway.

The roadway is clearly higher but does it slope to the other side? Is it at the beginning of an incline or at the end? I don't know.

U are right I need get someone to get a physical investigation.

Tnks for ur input

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by danowena: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
bebe2:

Lol@num 4

Tanks a lot will get a structural engineer.

Who is a aventures?

Aventures is one of the most honest and trusted structural engineer on Nairaland. Although he is not very active online. Check his profile.

https://www.nairaland.com/aventures

Cc: mufutau55
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
danowena:

Aventures is one of the most honest and trusted structural engineer on Nairaland. Although he is not very active online. Check his profile.

https://www.nairaland.com/aventures

Cc: mufutau55

Tnk u Bro

I have contacted him

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by PearlStreet(m): 12:07am On Jul 03, 2016
bebe2:

Tnk u Bro

I have contacted him

In 4 steps,

1. Have you paid a physical visit to the property? We are in the rainy season. Try to pay a visit the the Property when it rains.

2. Also, talk to people living or selling items in the street around the Property. That woman you see selling groundnuts or bread near the house would give you all the information you need.

3. Get an engineer to perform structural and other tests on the property. Such professional would be able to give you a professional assessment as well as prescribe steps to correct latent and patent defects.

4. Contact a property lawyer to check the documentation, ownership and thorough investigation of the house. Search at Alausa and High Court alone is not enough o!

*** If you aren't satisfied, you can ask your agent to show you another property. There are tons of houses for sale in Lagos.***

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 4:04am On Jul 03, 2016
PearlStreet:

In 4 steps,

1. Have you paid a physical visit to the property? We are in the rainy season. Try to pay a visit the the Property when it rains.

2. Also, talk to people living or selling items in the street around the Property. That woman you see selling groundnuts or bread near the house would give you all the information you need.

3. Get a engineer to perform structural and other tests on the property. Such professional would be able to give you a professional assessment as well as prescribe steps to correct latent and patent defects.

4. Contact a property lawyer to check the documentation, ownership and thorough investigation of the house. Search at Alausa and High Court alone is not enough o!

***[/b] If you aren't satisfied, you can ask your agent to show you another property. There are tons of houses for sale in Lagos.***[b]

Cheers.

Tnks for ur time . Will take ur advice.

Unfortunately am not in town to do the running's myself so am very cautious of how much of pples time am using.

@bolded , u wud think so because u are not looking for one. But when u actually need one u realise how difficult decent ones are to come by.

I want ikeja or surulere where I can at least get 500k per annum for rent.

And my budget seem to be failing me as well.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by gabbytabby: 6:38am On Jul 03, 2016
@bebe2

My knowledge of the area, I do have family living there for over 30 years is that houses have been sinking very gradually in that time that a lot are at almost window level with the road.

Definitely get a structural survey done.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by PearlStreet(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2016
bebe2:

Tnks for ur time . Will take ur advice.

Unfortunately am not in town to do the running's myself so am very cautious of how much of pples time am using.

@bolded , u wud think so because u are not looking for one. But when u actually need one u realise how difficult decent ones are to come by.

I want ikeja or surulere where I can at least get 500k per annum for rent.

And my budget seem to be failing me as well.

Okay madam. I understand your concerns. Just ensure you get something you're cool with so as not to have buyer's remorse at a future date.

As for running around, you can engage professionals on ground to do that. They'll provide constant and objective feedback. If they engage in any sharp practice, they can be taken up at a professional level.

With Ikeja and Surulere, you'll comfortably get above 500k/annum. In fact, if the finishing is really nice, you can make up to 1M. Ilupeju and Gbagada can fetch you that also.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2016
gabbytabby:
@bebe2

My knowledge of the area, I do have family living there for over 30 years is that houses have been sinking very gradually in that time that a lot are at almost window level with the road.

Definitely get a structural survey done.

U mean those ijesha houses, it's off omilani st. Quiet popular area.
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by bebe2(f): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2016
PearlStreet:

Okay madam. I understand your concerns. Just ensure you get something you're cool with so as not to have buyer's remorse at a future date.

As for running around, you can engage professionals on ground to do that. They'll provide constant and objective feedback. If they engage in any sharp practice, they can be taken up at a professional level.

With Ikeja and Surulere, you'll comfortably get above 500k/annum. In fact, if the finishing is really nice, you can make up to 1M. Ilupeju and Gbagada can fetch you that also.

Cheers.

And my biggest problem is am not a lagosian.

I only know surulere. So when looking for an investment that can yield dat kind of rent I really don't know Wat areas to concentrate my search.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by PearlStreet(m): 2:29am On Jul 04, 2016
bebe2:

And my biggest problem is am not a lagosian.

I only know surulere. So when looking for an investment that can yield dat kind of rent I really don't know Wat areas to concentrate my search.

As to not being a Lagosian, it doesn't matter. Don't let it deter you. There's a lot of money to be made in Lagos real estate sector. Some of the largest real estate portfolio investors in Nigeria are expatriates. The important thing is to get the right local professionals grounded in local best practices.

Surulere is actually a really good place with apartments there being of high rental value. Just make sure you get a structurally sound building to buy. The pictures of the property you posted give rise to concerns as the ground floor is already below street level.

Other locations in Mainland Lagos with high rent prices are Ikeja, Shangisha/Magodo, Ilupeju, Ogudu GRA, Gbagada, Yaba, Anthony, Maryland, Ajao Estate.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by opalu: 3:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Pls I Need All Professional Eyes To Look At This Property. by cindybaby22(f): 4:23am On Jul 04, 2016
opalu:
Hmmm
lol
why hmmm sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3bed Flat In Hopeville Estate,sangotedo Ajah (pics) / Self Contained Design And Build In Ibadan / Build This 5bedroom Duplex For Just N18m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.