Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland (846 Views)

Please List 10 Best Data Reseller On Nairaland / Best Data Reseller On Nairaland / How SME Data Seller Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland by cutelover19(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hi nairaland family,
on Thursday this week, I got in touch with an SME data reseller on nairaland, his phone number is . we got talking and bargained the price of data and he said he'll sell 15gb for 2,500 naira on the condition that I BC to my friends and family, I agreed. on Friday, I saw his message on whatsapp asking me if I was still interested.
I proceeded to send him 2,500 worth of airtime in return for the 15gb as promised and he acknowledged receipt of the airtime. since then till now, it's been one story or the other, telling me how network is bad and all.
I'm not a tech person but I don't think the excuse is valid. I wanted to bring this incidence to a wide audience so that they can learn from my mistake never to transact with someone you don't know physically and trust.
all I want is for him to either return my airtime or send me the data.
I'm a university student in his final year and this is a tough period for me financially. Below are some of the pictures of the text messages and whatsapp chats we exchanged.
cc: seun
lalasticlala
ymodulus
kingtom
lanicky
please help me fight this injustice.

Re: Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland by orobs93(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
U ask ursef if u acted wisely
Re: Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland by dominique(f): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
It's a mystery how people still fall victim to this particular scammer despite several warnings. You saw a cheap data advert and you jumped on it without even bothering to do a little research on the person you are about send money to. Next time, before you transact with someone you meet online, go through their profiles and ask questions from forum members. Too many fraudsters crawling all over the internet. Too bad you learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland by Emekayoung(m): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
You have no evidence to prove the scam claims. No username or phone number of d reseller,so hw do we trace him or believe u? I think u are just an attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I've Been Scammed By A Data Reseller On Nairaland by Emekayoung(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
cutelover19:
Hi nairaland family,
on Thursday this week, I got in touch with an SME data reseller on nairaland, his phone number is . we got talking and bargained the price of data and he said he'll sell 15gb for 2,500 naira on the condition that I BC to my friends and family, I agreed. on Friday, I saw his message on whatsapp asking me if I was still interested.
I proceeded to send him 2,500 worth of airtime in return for the 15gb as promised and he acknowledged receipt of the airtime. since then till now, it's been one story or the other, telling me how network is bad and all.
I'm not a tech person but I don't think the excuse is valid. I wanted to bring this incidence to a wide audience so that they can learn from my mistake never to transact with someone you don't know physically and trust.
all I want is for him to either return my airtime or send me the data.
I'm a university student in his final year and this is a tough period for me financially. Below are some of the pictures of the text messages and whatsapp chats we exchanged.
cc: seun
lalasticlala
ymodulus
kingtom
lanicky
please help me fight this injustice.
Oh better u have uploaded the screenshots,now dis will go a long way..

(1) (Reply)

A Week Old Samsung Galaxy Note 4 For Sale Or Swap!-------SOLD / >>>>>UK Used Phones for Urgent Sales (htc M8, ============== SOLD SOLD SOLD / SOLD!!!infinix Hot Note Pro @ 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.