Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Starting A Cocoa Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Cocoa Farm (4821 Views)

I Need A Virgin Land For Planting Or Cocoa Farm / How To Get Hybrid Cocoa Seedling T. C series In Nigeria /cocoa Farm Management / Dwarf Plantian sucker and dwarf banana sucker is available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Cocoa Farm by Agricng: 3:50am On Jul 03, 2016
HOW TO START COCOA FARMING

Botanical name: Theobroma cacao

Name:cacao

Cacao is believed to have originated in the hot,humid region near the source of the river Amazon in South America. It was introduced into many countries in West Africa during the nineteenth century, and it has become an important export crop of Ghana,Nigeria,Togo and Cameroon
Ghana,Nigeria,Ivory Coast together supply more than two -thirds of the world cocoa. Ghana is the most producer of cocoa in the world followed by brazil and Nigeria.
95% of all the cocoa produced in Nigeria comes from the south-western area of Nigeria.

The name cacao is used to describe the tree, while cocoa refers to the fruit or crop and the processed product.
The fruit is called cocoa pod.

PLANTING DATE:
Nursery is done october to January. Field(transplantong) between April and June

SPACING:
Nursery:20cmx20cm. Field 3mx3m

THINGS YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU VENTURE INTO COCOA FARMING:

1. Technical know how: You must have the knowledge aboit it, and specifically study much on it.
2. Land Preparation: The Land is cleared with cutlass, after which stumping is done. The land can also be prepared by ploughing and harrowing. Cocoa Plantedon flat lands does need ridges.
3. Climatic and Soil Requirement: Cocoa Plant requires 17°-20° temperature, rainfall 114cm-200cm per annum and a deep fertiled, fertile soil and well drained loamy. which is slightly acidic and can retain moisture.

USES
1.It is used for manufacturing of beverages.

MAINTAINANCE
1 Weeds, which are a problem for the first 4 years of growth on the field, should be removed.
2 Shade trees must be thinned and can be removed when the canopy of the cacao trees has closed.

Presently a kilo sells for #800. WATCH OUT FOR MORE. LET JOIN HANDS AND BUILD A GREATER NATION THROUGH AGRICULTURE.
Written by Yakubu Jimoh.
email me for the pdf or make request by commenting and put ur email.

http://agricng..ae/2016/07/how-to-start-cocoa-farming.html?m=1

Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by sseunth(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2016
sseunth@yahoo.com kindly send me a copy
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by naijareferee: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice....anayonduba@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by princejr(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Great work.... my email: adeloyeedema@yahoo.co.uk.
I look forward to more discussions with you.
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by motemi111(m): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
Good writeup. adeyemifatoyinbo@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by wumss: 5:25am On Jul 14, 2016
Are you currently farming cocoa? if yes where? How experienced are you?
The reason I ask is that I am looking for a consultant who can evaluate and provide guidance on my own cocoa farm
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by skilldammy2: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
For your comprehensive and detailed business plan on any of tree crops such as Cocoa, Coconut, Cashew, Cotton, Citrus (orange), Oil palm, Rubber and Kolanut. Kindly call 08123916545
A trial will convince you.

Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by jayyjayy1(m): 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
kindly send to dis email : cissejunaid@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by olushollys(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2016
olushollys@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by bshopbay: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please I'm interested. Kindly send to bigbishop2003@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by mantosa(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
I have 20 tonnes of cocoa far sale in Ife. Looking for interested buyers.
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by Awolowo86: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Really interested in this.
Kindly send the document to awolowo.jnr86@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by idowuolusola92: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2017
pls send d PDF to me idowuolusola92@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by annamaria: 10:50am On Feb 02, 2017
Please send pdf to ginemventures@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by raphealworld: 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please send me the PDf rapheal.world@hotmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by bshopbay: 8:37am On Feb 24, 2017
bshopbay:
Please I'm interested. Kindly send to bigbishop2003@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Please I haven't received the document yet. Thanks
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by mikeolowo: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Kindly forward it to this email :Mikekay4god@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by Walesundays22(m): 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Kindly send to
oyewalebolarinwa@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by Walesundays22(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
Kindly send to mokakadfarms@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by uc4uandc(f): 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
Send plsss thompsonibeh@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by kennysympathy(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2017
Agricng:

Cacao is believed to have originated in the hot,humid region near the source of the river Amazon in South America. It was introduced into many countries in West Africa during the nineteenth century, and it has become an important export crop of Ghana,Nigeria,Togo and Cameroon
Ghana,Nigeria,Ivory Coast together supply more than two -thirds of the world cocoa. Ghana is the most producer of cocoa in the world followed by brazil and Nigeria.
95% of all the cocoa produced in Nigeria comes from the south-western area of Nigeria.

The name cacao is used to describe the tree, while cocoa refers to the fruit or crop and the processed product.

PLANTING DATE:

SPACING:

1. Technical know how: You must have the knowledge aboit it, and specifically study much on it.
2. Land Preparation: The Land is cleared with cutlass, after which stumping is done. The land can also be prepared by ploughing and harrowing. Cocoa Plantedon flat lands does need ridges.
3. Climatic and Soil Requirement: Cocoa Plant requires 17°-20° temperature, rainfall 114cm-200cm per annum and a deep fertiled, fertile soil and well drained loamy. which is slightly acidic and can retain moisture.

USES

MAINTAINANCE
1 Weeds, which are a problem for the first 4 years of growth on the field, should be removed.
2 Shade trees must be thinned and can be removed when the canopy of the cacao trees has closed.

Presently a kilo sells for #800. WATCH OUT FOR MORE. LET JOIN HANDS AND BUILD A GREATER NATION THROUGH AGRICULTURE.
Written by Yakubu Jimoh.

Kenechukwuemmanuel03@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by eyems: 10:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by hopevalley: 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Agricng:

PLANTING DATE:

SPACING:

USES

MAINTAINANCE

Written by Yakubu Jimoh.

As you are starting cocoa farm, you must know that the major dividend of cocoa farming is in exportation of cocoa seeds to foreign countries. That is the major way of making money. Click on the link on my signature to know how you will go about it.
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by 08167coded: 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
Saheedrasheed1@gmail.com... looking forword to it.
Re: Starting A Cocoa Farm by MzEmeritus: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
Agricng:

PLANTING DATE:

SPACING:

USES

MAINTAINANCE

Written by Yakubu Jimoh.

Kindly forward to me too..... mzemeritus@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Planting Trees For Retirement Plan/children's Investment Plan / Dayold Chicks (broiler,noiler, Cockerel And Turkey)available For Pickup / Five Weeks Old Broilers For Sale In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.