Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria (1254 Views)

Ghana Adopts Chukwuka Okonjo's Double Intake Educational System / The Decay In Nigeria's Public Educational System; A Case Study Of UniAbuja / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2016

By Christian Bassey,

For the past few weeks, I have been visiting primary schools in Nigeria. I will implore that you also check out primary schools in Nigeria and see for yourself what I saw, for what I experienced during my visit* to those schools is what I cannot possibly share without weeping.

The education system in Nigeria is too poor.

Why is the Government not paying much attention to primary schools?

I do not know about you, but for me, Primary schools should be paid more attention to because it is the prime for all Learning, and it is the most important of all.

Years back, standard six students were able to read, write, calculate and solve simple arithmetic.

Nowadays an SS3 student can barely spell his/her name correctly. If you think I am lying, try asking the university student to spell you cucumber or hippopotamus and a secondary school student to spell you battery.

Why are we sailing aback instead of sailing forward?

Here is what the modern education system in Nigeria is like.

(1)Primary level: In primary level, students don’t learn because they are not taught, some are taught, but wrongly taught.

I have heard of a teacher telling her students that the percentage of 25 if 500%. Where on earth do we have percentage above 100%? I guess we now have one in primary schools. LoL. Now let’s get back to business.

As I was saying, some teachers are not doing their job anymore; nevertheless, they are trying. At least they will help the primary students pass their final year examinations by showing them how to cheat and pass in examinations for the first time. Now you know the fons et origo of examination malpractice in Nigeria.

(2) Secondary level: In secondary level, teachers do their best to teach only the student that are interested in learning.

They care less about the unserious ones. They don’t coerce the unserious ones to learn, after-all it is of immense benefits to them since they will make thousands of naira helping them cheat in examinations like, WAEC, NECO, etc. Now you know how sorting to pass examination in Nigeria began.

(3). Tertiary level: in tertiary institutions, the only thing lecturers care about is money. Money, money, money. If you ain’t talking money, you ain’t funny and as well not serious. Lecturers give students assignments just for the sake of generating revenue from them.

They don’t care about what you write. Give them money, write on your examination answer booklet “Bleep You my stupid/wonderful lecturers”, submit your paper, and watch them give you B2. They would have given you A1, but because you insulted them, as punishment, they took out 20 marks.

As a varsity student, if you have money, you are sure of second class upper. And if you have no money, a pass should be more than enough to make you dance and praise your God. The corruption in tertiary institutions can only be compared to that of politics.

Politicians loot the people, empty the treasury and buy private jets, build mansions and hotels in US while Lecturers assemble students, empty their pockets, and buy A private canoe, private Lexus cars and build semidetached houses everywhere in their village.

The students in the other hand are ready to do anything except reading and studying hard just to graduate with a second class upper.

The Governments also are not taking any possible steps to meander these credible threats. They do not care about improving the standard of learning in the country.

The Nigerian education is just too poor, Poor learning facilities, poor learning environments and unqualified teachers.

Now you know why we have doctors who cannot locate a muscle in the human body, engineers who cannot repair their own vehicles, Lawyers who do not even know or take cognizance of their rights not to mention others, and most importantly, Leaders who cannot lead a country like Nigeria to greatness.

Thank you for reading this article.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/the-poor-and-corrupt-education-system-in-nigeria/
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by ReabridCharles(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
My brother, if you ask me, na who I go ask?

When they see artist way no go school de make money, what do you expect?

Government? Nigeria? School? They gave up on us a long time ago....

My girlfriends course rep can barely spell his name, but he graduated with a 2.1.. how did it happen?

Once again, if you ask me, who I go ask
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
ReabridCharles:
My brother, if you ask me, na who I go ask?

When they see artist way no go school de make money, what do you expect?

Government? Nigeria? School? They gave up on us a long time ago....

My girlfriends course rep can barely spell his name, but he graduated with a 2.1.. how did it happen?

Once again, if you ask me, who I go ask

Enterpreneur pays

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by xender(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Really bad ...I was shocked the most when I saw parents paying for "runs" for their PRIMARY 6 Kids during the just concluded primary six exam . Chei!

Kids won't be serious because most already have their role models as popular 9ja musicians having seen how dey live in opulence and flaunt wealth.

Go school and listen to argument...u will hear their discuss like ....David and wizkid who get money pass .

Come to warri and see pikin wer still dey suck best dey sing Mr Dele na ma boy grin ...
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
xender:
Really bad ...I was shocked the most when I saw parents paying for "runs" for their PRIMARY 6 Kids during the just concluded primary six exam . Chei!

Kids won't be serious because most already have their role models as popular 9ja musicians having seen how dey live in opulence and flaunt wealth.

Go school and listen to argument...u will hear their discuss like ....David and wizkid who get money pass .

Come to warri and see pikin wer still dey suck best dey sing Mr Dele na ma boy grin ...

You see why this article was created?

We need cleansing in this system

Lalasticlala
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by Dayo4real12: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
I Believe Only God Can Help Us.
Re: The Poor And Corrupt Educational System In Nigeria by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Dayo4real12:
I Believe Only God Can Help Us.
Thats the spirit
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Jamb2016:details Has Been Sent For Admission Consideration,please Explain That? / MOUAU Conduct Post Utme Exam Today / Help On My Jamb Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.