Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Do Students Hate Mathematics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Students Hate Mathematics (572 Views)

What Do Students Spend Most Money On In Campus? Share Yours / IPOB - Do Students Still Sing The National Anthem In Eastern Schools? / If You Hate Mathematics, Watch This Prove 2+2=5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Students Hate Mathematics by zealz4u(m): 12:31am On Jul 04, 2016
It baffles me when students have so much fear for mathematics, Some students just believe that maths is difficult without even making any serious attempt to follow the examples & solve it. I notice that its only 10% of students in class love & can solve maths confidently which is quite unfair. Maths no doubt is my favourite of all subjects. Why? Because a particular question can have three (3) different ways of solving it & still arrive at the same answer, most times it is self explanatory (with good textbook), though it could be complicated but very interesting. The merits of maths are enormous. If you know maths your like a boss in your class because other students would have so much love & respect for you in the class. It boosts your self confidence & increases your mental ability to tackle other difficult subjects. I am not a professional mathematicIan neither am I a maths teacher but I have strong passion for maths anyday anytime. I still believe English language is much more complicated subject than maths because it goes beyond knowing how to speak, read or write it. Maths is the father of all subjects especially in sciences. With maths you can handle physics & chemistry with ease. I personally would train my kids to love maths right from their nursury classes. Students! don't allow maths to kill your dreams of becoming engineers, doctors, accountants etc. in future because maths is indispensIble. The Life we are living is full of challenges, for you to be successful in life you must be ready to tackle the challenges, don't have negative perception about mathematics, give it a trial and see how interesting it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Students Hate Mathematics by matrix199(m): 1:35am On Jul 04, 2016
The reason any child would find maths difficult is poor foundation. Foundation is everything in learning. There has to be a strong foundation at an early start in the life of the child.

Every mother should inculcate the love for maths in the mind of her baby by always reading out numbers and multiplication tables to his hearing. His subconscious begins to take record. When that baby grows old enough to begin formal learning, he won't find maths difficult.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Life That One Should Compliment / (updated) UI Post-utme Admission Screening Exercise 2016/2017 Announced / Q90CAFE IS OPPOSITE LASPOTECH IN IKORODU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.