Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters (928 Views)

'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland' / Iceland Players Are Allowed To Have Sex Ahead Of Their Match Against Nigeria / BBNaija: Ogenyi Onazi Talks About Efe & His Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by fingard02k(m): 12:35am On Jul 04, 2016
The Newly elected Icelandic President Gudni Johannesson was among the 8 per cent of Iceland’s total population in attendance at the European championship quarter-final match against France on Sunday.

The 48-year- old historian renounced VIP card and celebrity Loge to stands with 10,000 Iceland fans in the stadium.

He told CNN on Wednesday, that he would sit in the stands with regular fans.
“Why would I go in the VIP room and sip champagne when I can do that anywhere in the world?” Johannesson said, smiling. “No, I will be in the stands with the fans and I will wear my Iceland shirt. And with respect to the French team – it should not underestimate us.”

The fact that Iceland subsequently went down to a 5-2 against France changes nothing. They will return home as heroes, having changed the perception of not just their footballing ability but also of their entire nation in the space of three short weeks.

CAN OUR PRESIDENT OR SPORTS MINISTERS DO THIS?

http://www.enzyhub.com/iceland-president-rejected-vip-seat-and-sat-with-regular-supporters/

semid4lyfe honeric01 safarigirl mukina2 lalasticlala

Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by fingard02k(m): 12:35am On Jul 04, 2016
[size=13pt]SEE MORE PICTURES OF HIM CHEERING THE TEAM FROM THE CROWD >>>>[/size] http://www.enzyhub.com/iceland-president-rejected-vip-seat-and-sat-with-regular-supporters/

Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by BusinessHub1: 12:42am On Jul 04, 2016
fingard02k:
[size=13pt]SEE MORE PICTURES OF HIM CHEERING THE TEAM FROM THE CROWD >>>>[/size] http://www.enzyhub.com/iceland-president-rejected-vip-seat-and-sat-with-regular-supporters/

Who are u? God, guy u are so mean..can imagine ur type in real world..just change.
Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by Tolexander: 1:02am On Jul 04, 2016
I love these Icelanders, they value themselves. The leaders are so good and love the people.

Their former president stepped down amidst pressure on the appearance of his name on the Panama paper. That will never happen here.

1 Like

Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by CrazyG: 1:08am On Jul 04, 2016
A true leader......something you know who can never try!! grin grin
Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by Barackmeringo: 1:16am On Jul 04, 2016
now that's more like it
Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by fingard02k(m): 1:19am On Jul 04, 2016
BusinessHub1:

Who are u? God, guy u are so mean..can imagine ur type in real world..just change.

what did I do. ?
Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 04, 2016
hahaha...in reekado's voice, thier president is standard
Re: Iceland President Rejected VIP Seat And Sat With Regular Supporters by fingard02k(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
hahaha...in reekado's voice, thier president is standard

lol

(1) (Reply)

NPFL And Star Lager Seal Multi-year Partnership / Meet Nigerian Super Falcons And Belarus Based Female Footballer Onome Abi (pics) / List Of Best Strikers In The Premier League So Far This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.