Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls (27914 Views)

6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS / NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by fingard02k(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2016
It seems like Nigerian communication commission has woken up from their slumber to hear the cries of the masses over the unsolicited messages from our various telecommunications companies.

Airtel has announced its ‘Do not Disturb’ short code, 2442, designed to allow subscribers manage all promotional messages sent to their lines.

Airtel customers can now opt-in or out of the ‘Do Not Disturb’ service at any time, thereby empowering subscribers to end unsolicited promotional SMS or promotional voice calls. To use the service customers can text ‘help’ to 2442.

Its Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mokhles, said the code was introduced in compliance with the directive of the Nigerian Communications

Commission (NCC), and in response to complaints of unsolicited SMS or promotional voice calls by some customers.

“Airtel is committed to offering excellent customer service and we are pleased to introduce the ‘Do Not Disturb’ self-service to empower our esteemed customers to decide what messages or calls they receive from the network.

“While there are customers that demand promotional services to keep abreast with various innovative products and services, there are others who do not want to be disturbed – that is why NCC has mandated telecoms companies in Nigeria to create this service, providing options for customers to either opt-in or out,” he said.

lalasticlala

READ MORE ABOUT IT AND AIRTEL FREE UNLIMITED BROWSING here >>> http://www.enzyhub.com/airtel-code-to-stop-unsolicited-sms-calls/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by fingard02k(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2016
Finally we all can now rest from useless sms

1 Like

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Sijo01(f): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Hope it works....... Can't wait to stop receiving this nonsense - Dear Customer, You are qualified for N100 Airtime Credit. Call 14495

11 Likes

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Harmored(m): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2016
sad

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by LEXYCOM: 7:05am On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 04, 2016
I bend if the"do not disturb" Intel would work...
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by ANIEXTY(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2016
Abeg who get MTN and Etisalat own, those guys can worry ehh.

Na Empty-hen own dey vex me pass, ilegal deduction.

When you see that "Dear customer you just successfully subscribe for" message, that you know nothing about.

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by lonelydora: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2016
I have succeeded in only reducing MTN's own by 70%, but they still send it atimes.

Most times, when send the short code it will subscribe you to something instead of unsuscribing you.

Vizkiz or Falconey or Ichommy, I'm yet to throw coins.
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by haxorDelite(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2016
Harmored:
sad
is dat picture real?
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 04, 2016
A
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2016
gbam
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by SeverusSnape(m): 7:10am On Jul 04, 2016
Nice one Airtel.
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by twaintoy(f): 7:11am On Jul 04, 2016
Waiting for Etisalat's "Do Not Disturb" short codes. Tired of the annoying messages.
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by MrTeymee(m): 7:12am On Jul 04, 2016
Emptyhen"s own please abeg.. Mad pipo

1 Like

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2016
Kindly give us the other network providers code now, biko!
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Mcowubaba: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2016
lonelydora:
I have succeeded in only reducing MTN's own by 70%, but they still send it atimes.

Most times, when send the short code it will subscribe you to something instead of unsuscribing you.

Vizkiz or Falconey or Ichommy, I'm yet to throw coins.
Do u knw MTN own short code or long code, pin code, zip code....
Just any code that will help me stop receiving stupid messages nd calls
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by IRIEBOY(m): 7:17am On Jul 04, 2016
nice one.. for those asking for all network DND,it same for all networks.. just send help 2442

1 Share

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by xreal: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2016
I dey fear to select my choice (opt out), I no get credit.

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by ScorchedViper(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2016
thanks!!!...
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Vendoor(f): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2016
A welcome development...

Imagine rushing down from your bathroom hopefully to answer an important call perhaps, with soap still in your eyes... You just managed to press the answer botton and you hear this:

Hurry, join the happy family of blah blah blah with N100/week

And you be like: Oh my Gash!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by ucee64(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Do u knw MTN own short code or long code, pin code, zip code....
Just any code that will help me stop receiving stupid messages nd calls
All f them are d same 4 mtn send help to 2442 there will reply u on hw to stop receiving stupid messages.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by tizblink: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2016
Harmored:
sad

Baba only you
Lol
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by sweetilicious(f): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2016
Vendoor:
A welcome development...

Imagine rushing down from your bathroom hopefully to answer an important call perhaps, with soap still in your eyes... You just managed to press the answer botton and you hear this:

Hurry, join the happy family of blah blah blah with N100/week

And you be like: Oh my Gash!
I tell you
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by Stanbeto: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2016
#Inoseeanyworkingcode
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by deeobserver209(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2016
xreal:
I dey fear to select my choice (opt out), I no get credit.
Which phone are you using
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by kepoc: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2016
Pls what code should I use speak with Airtel customer care representative.
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by agitator: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2016
ANIEXTY:
Abeg who get MTN and Etisalat own, those guys can worry ehh.

Na Empty-hen own dey vex me pass, ilegal deduction.

When you see that "Dear customer you just successfully subscribe for" message, that you know nothing about.

twaintoy:
Waiting for Etisalat's "Do Not Disturb" short codes. Tired of the annoying messages.

MTN

send HELP to 2442

Etisalat

Send STOP to 2442

wink wink wink
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by mindful01: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
good one
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by macdot(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2016
Pls who knows about glo's code?
Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by xynerise: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2016
The OUT to 2442 actually means OPT IN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS & Calls by just2okworld(f): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2016
I need dt of mtn seriously

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your Top 3 Most Used Apps? / TECNO Phantom 9 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) / How To Get Mtn N250, N500, N1000 Free Airtime (credit) Bonus While Making Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.