Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? (4805 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
Every Pastor in Nigeria should be probed by the EFCC. It has become the most dishonourable profession in this Country
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by MrCrackles(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
No i dont think its a cool thing to do. . . .
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
What i've also wondered is why do churches register as a business at CAC and why they open Business bank accounts?Is salvation business afterall?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
No, they actually register as Incorporated Trustees, which gives them the powers of a legal person to hold property and enter into contracts, as well as to sue and be sued if needed. Similar to an NGO or Charity.

Such bodies are tax exempt, which is a pity, because most of our churches deserve to be taxed.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
[size=13pt]Pastors are Crocks. . . .! , I kill anyone i see. angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by lawrence83: 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
na where u work, na him u go chop, that's why de call am work(s)chop.

so dont blame them, they are collecting token
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by lawrence83: 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Pastors are Crocks. . . .! , I kill anyone i see. angry angry angry angry[/size]
they are all around u, so atart killing them wink wink wink
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
Should get paid when you work?
There is nothing wrong in him accepting cash payment after preaching at another church.
He who gives a cup of cold water to a man of God will receive a prophet's reward . . . .u dont have to bless him, if u dont want to
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2009
lawrence83:

No Mind the Guy. He is already mad.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by KennyG6(m): 11:34am On Nov 03, 2009
A distinction has to be made between honouring the visiting pastor and the pastor demanding to be honoured.
If as someone alluded to earlier, a church in nigeria invites someone of the calibre of T D Jakes, now the man has to pay for his flight, accomodation etc, and at the end of the day he is rendering a service, by being a blesseing to the flock. It is only proper to appreciate the pastor by offering him tangible blessings in return. There are several biblical references to justify this irrespective of where the pastor is journeying from, Unfortunately these things are spiritual principles and they are/cannot be carnally discerned or comprehended That is why "The Just shall Live by Faith"
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by viaro: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
Many good posts in this thread.

But in my thinking (which I have seen happen many times), I think the first thing that a servant of the Lord should do is go out with the mind of serving for nothing! Even where he is offered without his asking, he should refuse to take anything! And he should be able to trust God to send him out again with the primary purpose of blessing people, not for the honour he expects to be lavished with.

The question of mega-pastors paying for flights and other logistics is a non-starter. I'm not trying to castigate anyone; but why can't these same mega-pastors go out to spend on others without taking anything in return? Please pardon my ignorance (I don't know everything anyways), but which of these mega-'stars' truly has consistently demonstrated servant attitudes in their travels -

T. D. Jakes?

Benny Hinn?

The TBN-crew-and-plaudits?

etc., etc., etc., etc. . . . .??

Yes, I know how many people have tried to defend these 'stars' and their mega appetites! But where is the servant-hearts that is man enough in them to practice the integrity of Acts 20:35 - "It is more blessed to give than to receive"??!? I'm weary of folks who try to maintain that I should look at all the works they have done - build hospitals, community centers, etc, yada-yada! Oh puhleeeezze! angry  These folks built nada. .  zilch. . from their own purses! They took MONEY BELONGING TO OTHER PEOPLE and floated those projects in their own names!

The, no. . rather, 'My' challenge for these mega-performers is this: go out and serve others for a FULL YEAR without taking ANYTHING from them - refuse it even if they offer you!

Their bank accounts are still in digits that hard-working folks never dream of achieving; they have jets that politicians envy (no wonder a friend told me that Nigerian politicians are now having their own anointing with Vision 2010! angry ); yet they are never available for spiritually thirsty people, UNLESS. .  yes, UNLESS they are PAID on contract basis to open their mouths and talk stupid things to a ready-to-applaud-pity-crowd!!

Having said all that, does it surprise anyone why this thread should have been opened in the first place? Does it surprise anyone that many young people are now applying to the ministry to become [b]p[/b]erformers instead of [b]p[/b]astors?

Now, before I sign out, let me state categorically that not all servants in the ministry are mega-performers who go out for what they can get rather than for what they can give. No, not all - and I'm thankful to note that there are so many other pastors around the world whose ministries are truly a blessing to the Body of Christ.

For those who would be upset and try to remind me of the 'power' of any of these mega-players to "curse" me (as greedy Benny Hinn always does), let me tell you something: I'm not afraid of any of these buffoons, and I have enough curses that will put them out of their shameless and miserable adventures. LET THEM TRY VIARO!
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Zikkyy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
@VIARO,

Nice post. Hope you dont plan going to war sha, the MOGs outnumber you ten tousand to one sad sad sad (not counting die hard followers)

I agree preaching should be done without financial benefit in mind. A token of appreciation is not bad especially if a pastor live on such token . Though this excludes the mega pastors, the type you listed above.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by jaffi: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
babaearly,The question is did he receive the money for the hosting church?or for himself?
Giving an offering to a pastor after visiting a church is biblical but when a pastor deliberately and intentionally as for it then there is a question mark to that.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by MrCrackles(m): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
Topic. . .
No. . .Most pastors are big thieves! angry
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by jaffi: 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
No talk like that!
no let angels slap you o!
Be careful what you say to / or about men of God.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by MrCrackles(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
jaffi:

No talk like that!
no let angels slap you o!
Be careful what you say to / or about men of God.
You are a fool. . .
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by manmustwac(m): 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
Come guys its not rocket science All pastors are businessmen
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by TV01(m): 1:25am On Nov 04, 2009
One of the biggest myths and most abused mantras in "christendom" is "it takes money to spread the gospel". Closely related to "it takes money to run the church". Assertions nowhere found in or anyway backed up by scripture. Other close relatives are "salaried church employees" or "full time paid pastors". All false and at best showing a wilful ignorance or disregard for the inherent simplicity of scriptural narrative. And anyone with even a modicum of insight or discernment will see clearly that this is all underpinned by the heresy of a mandatory tithe or more subtly, manipulated and/or co-ercerd giving. cry!

Maranatha Lord Jesus.

TV
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:39am On Nov 04, 2009
Na where man dey work na im dey chop, that na why oyibo call am workshopchop grin grin grin
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Krayola(m): 2:52am On Nov 04, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Na where man dey work na im dey chop, that na why oyibo call am workshopchop grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Fhemmmy: 4:41am On Nov 04, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

True Dat
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2009
[size=13pt]Yes . . . they are all around me, but that doesn't give them freedom of Life whenever i root out my harm 'GUN' of justice. . . .I have been killing the so called pastors and i wont give up until they surrender and give way from their Pretending and secret evil life . . .[/size]
lawrence83:

Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Maykelly(f): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2009
this is better than off topic

Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]She has always been strange. . . . i wonder whats the meaning of this .[/size]
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by dominic1032(m): 12:56am On Mar 19, 2015
sadPls fellows...there's no such thing as part time or full time pastors. If a pastor wants money,he shld go out and work. He shldnt compel people who have their own personal problems to cater for his needs..."he who gives a prophet a cup of water shall recieve a prophet's reward" is always their catch point but the truth is..........We all are prophets. kissPls fellows...there's no such thing as part time or full time pastors. If a pastor wants money,he shld go out and work. He shldnt compel people who have their own personal problems to cater for his needs..."he who gives a prophet a cup of water shall recieve a prophet's reward" is always their catch point but the truth is..........We all are prophets.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Aizenosa(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2015
While Paul went on his journey throughout preaching the goodnews it was written that he lived on the money he got from his line of work which was tent-making and from it he cared for himself and those who followed him, woe to all these scribes and pharisees of these days, may God help us all
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by vooks: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2015
There was an argument on Preachers of LA and Deitrick Haddon brought up the issue. Clarence Mclendon put a spirited defense of the practice. Not sure if this is the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2PqmYOCwe0

A minister may serve the living God but they don't possess bottomless pockets. Their resources cNt take them too far. For this, they are supposed to be supported by the congreGation.

A visiting minister spends time and resources preparing, traveling over and going back. For this, it is only natural that we support them. Where it gets hazy is when they DEMAND it. They will ask for 'seed' to 'connect' with the 'anointing'/message. At this point, theyhave quickly descended into charlatans.

A good host should arrange with the visiting minister on the terms. How many people to expect, the logistics and most importantly, WHO foots the bills. The best and most reasonable practice is for the host to foot the bills upfront and if it's too much, appeal to the congregation to chip in.

The reality is, familiarity breeds contempt and usually members are more responsive to a visiting minister than the regular/host. They also tend to give more offerings during the services with a visitor than on others. For this, there is some kind of informal arrangement where the visitor collects and offering and they share the loot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flirty Fishing - Evangelical Christian Doctrine / Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day / The Story Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.