Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? (643 Views)

IT Department In Bank : What Is The Best Career Path ? / Michele Ekure Receives AIT Staff From ICT Department / Please Advise: Msc In Petroleum Engineering Or Computer Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? by Amoshie(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have gotten the opportunity to work with a company which deals in petroleum and its products. I thought they were going to post me to manage any of their new stations around town but the man that took me there insisted they deploy me in the operation department. But seriously I have no clue what that department does. I have checked online for information but I am not getting the right information I need. So please those working at similar companies or have clue on what they do should give me tips on what I need to know or do to succeed in there. It is a dream about to come true and I can't afford to be anything less than the best . Thank you in anticipation of your insightful guidance.
Re: Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? by Tellemall: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
E & P
Re: Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
It depends on the segment of the Oil and Gas value chain your company is.

Operations activities and functions vary from Exploration, Drilling/Completion, Production/Storage/Off loading, Refining, Bulk Storage/Terminal to even retailing. There is also some variation from company to company.

So, it will be important to know which segment of the Oil and Ga Value chain your company falls into. From there we can give useful insights (not 100 per cent accurate) on what to expect.

1 Like

Re: Please What Work Does The Operation Department In Petroleum Companies Do? by Amoshie(m): 1:22am On Jul 05, 2016
I am not too sure but what they do is they own filling stations, others too they franchise. So they buy the products and sell at this stations. I don't think they have anything doing onshore.
AnakinSkywalker:

It depends on the segment of the Oil and Gas value chain your company is.
Operations activities and functions vary from Exploration, Drilling/Completion, Production/Storage/Off loading, Refining, Bulk Storage/Terminal to even retailing. There is also some variation from company to company.
So, it will be important to know which segment of the Oil and Ga Value chain your company falls into. From there we can give useful insights (not 100 per cent accurate) on what to expect.

(1) (Reply)

Improve Your Employability Skills With Profile Sme Training Courses / Make Money Online / Afri. Ame. Ladies In Corporate Boardroom Games (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.