Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. (16288 Views)

"NNPC’s Dollars Were Fully Disclosed To CBN" - FirstBank, Others Explain / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Cybertext(m): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2016
Psoul:

Better still they'll go to China and they will manufacture for them a transparent hand gloves that can copy finger prints

Lolz ...I tell you,those guys gat no chill o,
this days they don't even go to the ATM they transfer the money using POS or make online transactions.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by mu2sa2: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2016
Why not go cardless. You input your password followed by biometric verification. Although that is still not 100% safe because in parts of the south criminals may wait for you to withdraw money and then pounce on you, but the inconvenience of carrying card about or losing it is eliminated.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Exponental(m): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2016
Nigeria has not gotten there. When the National Identification Project becomes successful, then we can link issues to that. All it needs is the identity of the collector even if it belongs to another person, not affecting the fact that we sometimes send people to use on our behalf.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by slimgeez: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2016
They will start cutting of their victims hands.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by sorepco(m): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2016
What do u mean by chopping off the fingers?and doing what with it. So if its a facial recognition atm u chop off the neck??
How does that work out? So u think an atm machine can recognise a chopped head or fingers? By the way its not a finger u use but 4!!

Cybertext:
Not feasible in This Country...s

Apart from network problem et'al... This criminal bandit are so desperate and might chop off fingers of card bearers just to get what they want...
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by faaiz4ever(m): 8:27am On Jul 05, 2016
slightlyMad:
I don't get, you want them to withdraw your money, cut off your fingers or worst case remove your head first, before figuring there is actually no way to transport it to the ATM without being caught huh??

I think the solution is for ATM machine design to include a fake pin, this pin should give access to limited funds but raise an alarm. The banks could install a trailer horn sef to draw an ever present mob. You have to get to the police to explain why you had to use your 911 pin

I need a patent for this jor
I have thought of a similar scenario. If you are interested let's work together on this (am a solution developer) and we install as plugins to banks after getting trademark or something. There are many ways to make the emergency pin work but we CNT discuss here.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by kingthreat(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Pavore9:
Those criminals would still find a way around it.

At least the rate will reduce by 95%
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by sorepco(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2016
And do what with the fingers?
adioolayi:
The finger finger print though.... how are we sure those bastards won't resort to cutting of victims fingers God help us
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by kingthreat(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2016
slightlyMad:
I don't get, you want them to withdraw your money, cut off your fingers or worst case remove your head first, before figuring there is actually no way to transport it to the ATM without being caught huh??

I think the solution is for ATM machine design to include a fake pin, this pin should give access to limited funds but raise an alarm. The banks could install a trailer horn sef to draw an ever present mob. You have to get to the police to explain why you had to use your 911 pin

Babe, you're really mad. If 50% of Nigerians were as mad as you, we'd be a world power by now. Very intelligent solution
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by kingthreat(m): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2016
We just need a good police institution simple. So far, how many one-chance robbers have been caught, while tens of operations go on daily.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by enjoy1100: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2016
You're right
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by 2tek: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Its better to open 2 accounts. One should be a normal bank account with cash you can forfeit and the other should be a mobile account like DYA(DIAMOND YELLO ACCOUNT) using ur mtn number, dial *710# to open. Airtel, Glo and etisalat have similar accounts. Then, visit Diamond bank to upgrade the DYA account to level 3, so it becomes a fully banked account - where u can have millions and billions in the account without using ATM. Its very easy, safer and more convenient that way.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Progressive01(m): 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Good idea, but what happens when one is incapacitated and needs someone to withdraw on their behalf??
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by enjoy1100: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2016
ayobase:
In Nigeria, where robbers are merciless.

First if all, you will be made to withdraw at gunpoint, after which they take you away or cut off your fingers off for further withdrawal.

odikwa very risky.

Many persons will become fingerless. ................. You're right

Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by tayo200(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2016
they'd better use voice recognition
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by tayo200(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2016
sorepco:

What do u mean by chopping off the fingers?and doing what with it. So if its a facial recognition atm u chop off the neck??
How does that work out? So u think an atm machine can recognise a chopped head or fingers? By the way its not a finger u use but 4!!

they fit chop d 4 o
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Olusharp(m): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2016
yanshDoctor:
it's no longer news of the current one chance bus and the unlawful & illegal ATM withdrawal thefts by some criminals elements in the country. this is coming at a critical economic downtime and the same time the CBN is pushing towards cashless economy.

the sad part is banks no longer allowed teller withdrawals anymore but rather forcing people to collect ATM Cards, the country is still getting used to ATM payment system and now we already have a bigger problem at hand. my worried is that other part of the country criminals will soon start kidnapping people with their ATM Card.

no doubt the current ATM payment system in the country is antiquated and of the lowest grade security. at a time when other countries is moving to fingerprint and facial detention ATM. India has already introduce fingerprints detection and I'd number validation. more like you enter your last 4 digit BVN number and it will ask for fingerprints or facial validation before it dispense cash.

What the CBN need to do it to forcefully introduce a new modern ATM in the banks

this would have been like the best idea but more load would be on our crumbling banking sector not as if we have the resources to create it our self...India has the resources..
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by adioolayi(m): 8:52am On Jul 05, 2016
sorepco:
And do what with the fingers?
Use it to enter one's code on ATM scanner now...I've seen that in Hollywood movies grin grin
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:
Facial recognition is good... but chai, that fingerprint own, odikwa very risky o. Make all these one chance people no go start to cut people fingers biko... shocked

It's [size=13pt]FynestGeh[/size] again grin grin grin

Dem fit cut pesin head for facial recognition
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by claremont(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2016
slightlyMad:

Brilliant proposal, I suggest you liaise with like-minded individuals and develop this idea further. So refreshing to see that a few intelligent individuals still exist in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by LEXYCOM: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Simply legalize Gun in Nigeria. And let see any *ucking idiot that will kidnap anybody.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by menxer: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2016
caxim04:
Cool but they will device a new way of forcing victims to withdraw for them. The best solution is to build a reliable police institution. We need to build institution and not men.

Few months ago a man's picture was shared on twitter taking money from the victim's account. That was the last we heard, same guy was part of the one chance syndicate that attacked me last year. The team has been operating for the past two years along ikorodu road and apapa-oshodi axis yet no concrete response from the police. We need a vibrant police and not this "jeun jeun boys.

I no fit laugh, the sound of it cracks me up.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by olisasegun(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2016
tonymax19:
why has uba atm electrocuted me 5 tyms?'

And you are still alive to tell the story. Maybe you sent this as a ghost.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by idupaul: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2016
caxim04:
Cool but they will device a new way of forcing victims to withdraw for them. The best solution is to build a reliable police institution. We need to build institution and not men.

Few months ago a man's picture was shared on twitter taking money from the victim's account. That was the last we heard, same guy was part of the one chance syndicate that attacked me last year. The team has been operating for the past two years along ikorodu road and apapa-oshodi axis yet no concrete response from the police. We need a vibrant police and not this "jeun jeun" boys.

That guy has been caught ..the same twitter user revealed it
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by cokhale(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2016
i like the idea,nigeria need upgrade of that nature and it reduce theft but demerit is armrobbers will only cut off finger and hands of person!
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Amplitron: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2016
The first and most important solution is to have a complete dynamic database of all Nigerians. Then make it impossible to live for a week without doing something that will make you trackable. The current situation is that even if you give police a criminal's name , picture, etc they still find it difficult to track and capture the criminal.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by femo86(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:
Facial recognition is good... but chai, that fingerprint own, odikwa very risky o. Make all these one chance people no go start to cut people fingers biko... shocked

angry....It's not LadyF again abi....

It's FynestGeh again...kontinu
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by Sunnyade01(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:

So a criminal thief will have the courage to carry a bloodied hand to an ATM machine, while his gang members are still holding the victim hostage with a cut off hand.? At that point everyone in this country will move around with AK-47
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by manmacho: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Am of the opinion that cctv camera should be strongly emphasized and bank security should be stationed at atm to verify ID. Use of Atm operation be close at a particular time of the night
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by frisky2good(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2016
Build a good police and your money will be safe even if you leave it in Ikeja round about over night. Without good police, even DNA confirmation will not keep your money safe.
Re: Open Message To CBN: Solution To The Arising One Chance Bus & ATM Theft. by caxim04(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2016
idupaul:

That guy has been caught ..the same twitter user revealed it

Great

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Verified Scammers On Nairaland / You Need A Good Dollar Card? Try Tribapay For Your International Transactions / What Type Of Business Can I Start In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.