Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them (15701 Views)

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? / 8 Factors To Consider Before Buying Land To Build Your Home / The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by nkemjacob2(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Montaque:
Jobless land grabbers. I don't have pity for them.
they re not just jobless but criminals.

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by armadeo(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2016
I so love that video of them being shown the boss by soldiers. Lol.
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by moscobabs(m): 7:40am On Jul 05, 2016
udemzy101:

pls don't forget to video them, I want to laugh my a$$ off ,the video of them slapping each other got me grin

I will bro

I will like to poison them
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by callmelanner(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2016
I'll go with the last point! That one is of utmost importance. Pictures, videos & document coz I'll never wine and dine with those b*stards angry
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by akp202(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Conclusively don't buy land from omoniles
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by amtaken(f): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Yes. Only SW.

Donariok:
What is the igboid and hausa names called?
Is it only our south West that has omoniles?

Btw
Check
My signature
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by omoadeleye(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Omo Onile nearly finish me when building my 2 bedroom. flat in Ijoko Ogun state 3 yrs ago

I paid 50k before I start foundation

Lintel 30k

50k when Covering the house

last 2 weeks I wanted to build another 2 bedroom flat on the remaining part of the land. to my surprise this guys came from nowhere asking for another 50k for the foundation and they were telling me authoritatively that I will even pay 150k when am ready to do the dekin they stopped the work that day... This is the area I have been living since last year o.

although I have reported them to my younger brother ( Captain in NA) . Soldiers will be on ground this Saturday for the foundation and my brother told me not to look for labourers that day . The Omo oniles will be use as a labourers for the job if they show up.

oga ade, your broda go return to barrack na u nd omonile go remain o.
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Omo Onile nearly finish me when building my 2 bedroom. flat in Ijoko Ogun state 3 yrs ago

Lintel 30k

last 2 weeks I wanted to build another 2 bedroom flat on the remaining part of the land. to my surprise this guys came from nowhere asking for another 50k for the foundation and they were telling me authoritatively that I will even pay 150k when am ready to do the dekin they stopped the work that day... This is the area I have been living since last year o.

although I have reported them to my younger brother ( Captain in NA) . Soldiers will be on ground this Saturday for the foundation and my brother told me not to look for labourers that day . The Omo oniles will be use as a labourers for the job if they show up.

Please videotape this grin
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by lakefist(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

Please update the thread when your brother finally dealt with them. It will be interesting you know?
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by munachymso: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2016
JoelXclusive:

Nice write up..

how can someone whose property(estate) he bought from the family 1999, invested in the property. till 2014 then the children and touts ebchroached on the remaining plots of land.

how can someone handle this case.. pls
[color=#006600][/color][/b][i][/i][b] Get a good lawyer
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Emeka71(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

The omo onile is better being used as labourers because they feel why should you bring other labourers when they are there¿

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by emmaliver(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2016
Okay nah. Me, omonile wat of omoniger
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Jadonjack:
Well, for the records....
I dnt buy lands, I buy houses!!!

Any question?
no question
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Spain007(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

I feel u bro.. Most times it good to handle them rough but remember ur bro(Captain)doesn't live with you cos things may turn around for worse when he's not there.
I suggest u,ur bro and d soldiers on uniform meets with d omoniles this Saturday to dialogue rather than d other way..
I don't side omoniles, its just fr peace

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by donjayz321(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

Lol... I couldnt stop laughing! they are gonna work for free

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Basalt(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Donariok:

Btw
Check
My signature

Such a thing don't exist in Igbo land much.
Omonile is a Yorubad thing
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by tellwisdom: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2016
omoadeleye:

oga ade, your broda go return to barrack na u nd omonile go remain o.

Dem no fit do am shi shi...It will only get worse, should they touch him...This is blood oo, no be friend.

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by moscobabs(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Spain007:

I feel u bro.. Most times it good to handle them rough but remember ur bro(Captain)doesn't live with you cos things may turn around for worse when he's not there.
I suggest u,ur bro and d soldiers on uniform meets with d omoniles this Saturday to dialogue rather than d other way..
I don't side omoniles, its just fr peace
thank u bro ....but these Omo Onile are stubborn they need to be handle with iron hand
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by lordkhalifa(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2016
Why do we even have omoniles in our society

Some folks from one section of Nigeria are naturally spiritually stupidly awkwardly lazy undecided
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by tonio2wo: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Barthoon: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

My brother, dialogue with them reach a compromise pay them some money not necessarily all they ask for. I tell you a bottle of whisky and a packet of cigarette might be all you need instead of force remember you're now their neighbour by virtue of your property. I strongly advise you understand them and befriend them.
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by OneManLegion(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

Lwkmd!!

Please, don't forget to update us if they do show up o; I go like laugh small. gringrin
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by akinszz: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Only in lagos omonile dey.
Donariok:

Btw
Check
My signature
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by BlackSeptember: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
win3k:

I am not yoruba but i.b.o people are the worst animals to infest Nigeria. The civil war should have claimed them all and we will have less problems in Nigeria today without the monkeys.
mynd44
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Krak(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2016
fkj950ax:

Please post contents with correct spellings and abbreviations. Your post currently doesn't contribute to the discussion because of the structure.
This is a public forum. It isn't your friends alone here trying to learn from the contributions.
You are denying people the opportunity to learn from you.

Thats pure Yoruba English for you.

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by Igboid: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2016
akinszz:
Only in lagos omonile dey.

We now have them in Igboland o! Igbo people are being corrupted by Nigeria on daily basis, copying foreign alien bad cultures from
other Nigerian groups and importing them here.

In Igboland, the "Omo Oniles" are called "Ogbo na eche agu", literary translates to "the age group that protects the uninhabited place( the forrest)".

They are unemployed touts, ruthless and powerful o! Woe betide you that you want to build any structure in their locality, or buy any land, without first settling them.

It's a pathetic situation
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by amdoyin82(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

dialogue is all u need wit dem rather than bringing army to harass dem. It will really work but d consequence will be brutal. Omonile don't accept defeat, they will surely come back for u. i want to believe u are married and have children. Think of ur family first and know dat life does not mean anytin to dem. I am presently facing one of their wahala now at konifewo, tipper garage. Sango ota.

1 Like

Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by bremmery: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2016
larrysng:
The term Omoniles means the traditional land owners. These omoniles are mostly feared because of the many havoc they had caused to real estate investors. These set of people never bothered if the day suddenly turns into night whenever they’re on rampage.

The omoniles antics includes selling a single landed property to multiple buyers, reselling of already sold land to another buyer after discovering that the land has appreciate in value and relocating the previous buyer to a more distant place, collection of taxes and fines on land already sold, selling of dispute land to buyers etc.

Recently, Lagos state government has made moves to find a lasting solution to curb the criminal activities of these unscrupulous elements called Omo Onile on commercial activities because of the nuisances and threats they pose to the peace of the citizenry and investors. The state government has taken it upon itself to enforce its rights over land in Lagos and to also to work with all security agencies to implement state government and private property rights in the state.

But before these laws will be put in place, here are 10 basic things you need to know about the Land grabbers (Omoniles) before commiting your hard earn money into their hands.

1. Just like you and I, the Omoniles are human beings with flesh and blood running in their veins and therefore should not be feared. Rather, you should strive to understand them and what makes them tick. By so doing you would understand them and know how to deal with them.

2. Omoniles and the love for money go hands in hands. All omoniles are totally money driven and materialistic. If you have the money you would forever be their master.

3. Because the omoniles are closed to land and traditional communities they love reverence.

4. When Omoniles sale land to you, they never thought of keeping any for the future. The next thing on their mind is to marry more wives and bear as many children as possible.

5. If you bought land from Omoniles please keep some money aside because they are still going to come back to you after lavishing the money they got from the land sales on parties and fun fairs.

6. If the above occurs, they become militants and will find a way of extorting money from you.

7. For Every troubles omoniles makes, they sometimes get less because of their complex family structure.

8. When dealing with omoniles, try to show to them that you’re one of them. Play with them, mingle with them and if possible eat with them.

9. When dealing with Omoniles, don’t deal with the father alone; make sure you carry the children along as problems with omo oniles start whenever the head of the family dies.

10. When dealing with Omoniles understand and identify the power brokers (Obas, Baales,) within the family.

11. When dealing with Omoniles ask enough questions as possible so as to save yourself enough trouble in the future.

12. When making payments, make sure you documents the whole process. Take pictures with the people involve, writes down your agreements, do video recordings and collect receipts.

Please note that if we start talking about the omoniles and the ways they operate we won't leave here today. This few point were just to guide your steps so that you won't fall victim of land scam.

You are on points, especially the last one, no 12, which many of them do not usually agree with.
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by deltateam: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

God bless you and your brother!
Show them no mercy.

Buahahaha
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by olumide4christ: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
rifasenate11:
Why risk buying lands in lagos and run into these troubles, better go to abuja where there's planning and even the villagers or traditional land owners don't even care about the land you purchase from them. That's the difference

Very very true... I am a witness to this fact. Me personally no like wahala...that's why I chose to buy land in Abuja...very stress free. Just ensure the land isn't under govt acquisition and do all the usual background checks about the land ownership and you're good to go!
Re: 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them by olumide4christ: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
moscobabs:
thanks op

Lintel 30k

I personally doubt if the Omoniles will come to your site when they see the armed soldiers there. Like someone commented here, the Omoniles are still flesh and blood, not spirits or robots.
Infact, this system of using armed soldiers or Mopols to guard project sites throughout the construction stage have been used by many people to avoid the Omonile hassles.
It may be a bit costly to maintain such protection throughout the project, but it pays in the long run. For me, dealing directly with Omoniles is an open-ended thing, more like roaming in the Sahara desert - you know the starting point but you can never be sure of the end-point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019 / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? / The Awka Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.