Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) (1140 Views)

Linda Ikeji Gets An 11-Room Mansion For 'Made In Gidi' Reality Show (Photos) / Caitlyn Jenner And Bisi Alimi Step Out Together / Another Caitlyn Jenner, As Nigerian Man Transits Into A Full-blown Woman (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by TheCurse: 6:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Ever since Bruce Jenner announced his transition in 2015 and changed his identity to Caitlyn Jenner, she’s faced both public and private backlash. Jenner is using the negativity as fuel to stand strong as an advocate for LGBTQIA rights.

Jenner is using the public platform she’s built to help inspire and stand up for LGBTQIA rights. LGBTQIA is the current acronym for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual / Ally. I Am Cait is her E! reality show that follows her life through her transition, showing her ups and downs and how she adjusts to life with new friends that are in the same situation as her. The show has now been banned from all TV networks in Nigeria, reportedly due to “consumer sensitivity.”

According to Jenner, that will not stop her mission to advocate for LGBTQIA rights in Nigeria. She recently spoke with Bisi Alimi, a Nigerian gay rights activist, at the Aspen Ideas conference in Colorado, voicing her concerns about the issue. “We’ve had so many struggles in the United States, and we’ve been fighting this battle a long time. I just want everybody there to know that we’ve got your back. We’re out here, and we’re fighting the good fight.”

As of late, tensions have increased in Jenner’s personal life with her extended family. Khloe Kardashian has never been completely comfortable with Caitlyn’s transition and it showed as Caitlyn did not attend Khloe’s 32nd birthday party. Radar Online reports Caitlyn has been keeping to herself lately, allegedly feeling lonelier than ever after being snubbed by her own family members.

She spoke with CNN recently, saying, “I was throwing out my past like it never happened. And I’m very proud of those times. This was a big part of my past. It’s part of my life, it made me who I am.”

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TheSourceMagazine/?fref=nf
http://thesource.com/2016/07/04/caitlyn-jenners-i-am-cait-reality-show-banned-in-nigeria/

cc:mods, lalasticlala

Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by TheCurse: 6:06am On Jul 05, 2016
Cont'd

More funny reactions at the source grin

Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 05, 2016
Wow...some foriegn dude love Nigeria?
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by maryjan8(f): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by Khd95(m): 6:25am On Jul 05, 2016
U had bettr not step ur foot in naija,cos amadi oha,sango etc will consume you.

Miss catty,ur lifestyle is alien to our culture,practice ur stupidity over there ok?
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 05, 2016
These people who commented on social media are the righteous one, yeah? ..
These are the ppol who are full of hatred & criticize others coz they tot they better than d rest.

I personally support LGBT. I respect them as human being. As I always said, if u have nothing to say good to others, u can juz leave. Besides, it won't make u a better person if u put down others.
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by pretydiva(f): 6:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Click like if ur proud 2 b a nigerian cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by olajorn(m): 6:33am On Jul 05, 2016
Nigeria say no to LGBT or what they fvxk are they calling themselves
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:10am On Jul 05, 2016
TrapQueen77:
These are the ppol who are full of hatred & criticize others coz they tot they better than d rest.

I personally support LGBT. I respect them as human being. As I always said, if u have nothing to say good to others, u can juz leave. Besides, it won't make u a better person if u put down others.
there's a moral standard every society choose to live by, we setting a standard for ourselves as a people is not the business of any individual or nation, if you as a person don't love it, you can relocate to a nation that legalized such moral standard of yours, that doesn't call for insult on us as a people.
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by nerodenero: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2016
You once lived as a man and now as a woman. This is the real definition of "confusion".

If the soul of a human being can be differentiated, that means you carry the soul of a man but a woman's body. It shows you are neither a man nor a woman, then Caitlyn/Bruce, what are you? You are confused!!!

2 Likes

Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by naijaboiy: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
He said the ban won't stop him from advocating for gay rights in Nigeria? grin

Good!

Please you and that bisi alimi should step your foot in Nigeria and come and advocate. Don't do it over there through the Internet.

Nonsense! undecided
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by Luckylife(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2016
pretydiva:
Click like if u ar proud 2 b a Nigerian cheesy
click share if you hate how Nigeria has turn out presently.
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by anitabianca: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Pls gerrarahia...ur senseless opinion does not count.Daz dia own opinion why judge nd call dem haterz,if u have nothing to say just shut up or leave.
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by olarhtunji(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2016
OK.
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by evy1(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2016
[s][quote author=TrapQueen77 post=47217310]These people who commented on social media are the righteous one, yeah? ..

I personally support LGBT. I respect them as human being. As I always said, if u have nothing to say good to others, u can juz leave. Besides, it won't make u a better person if u put down others.[/quote[/s]]Read what you typed,read it again and again.
Your opinion doesn't count 18
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by dacovajnr: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Who is this Idiota undecided
Re: Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Reality Show Banned In Nig- Worldwide Praise! (pix) by lordcyl3(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2016
there is a different between a sin and a crime. Nigerians are the greatest hypocrites ever. remove the spec from ur eye before you remove it from other people's eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Mavin's Singer, Di'ja Gave Birth To A Baby Boy / How Linda Ikeji Makes Her Millions-ynaija / Floyd Mayweather Flaunts His Wealth Posing With $1m In Cash(pics+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.