Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) (1107 Views)

New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. / Python Turtle Tutorial- Do Amazing Things In Python Now. / Long Time My People. Any Way To Return URL From An IP Addr? (python) Or Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by badthinds: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2016
All my time of working with python, the turtle module was something I didn't have much time for. Today someone asked me if a turtle session can be saved (ie. After doodling ). "Ehh... I can't remember ever saving one. But I'll ge back to you " I said.

so for instance I have:

>>> import turtle
>>> turtle.color('blue', 'black')
>>> def cir(rnge):
. . . . . . for i in range(rnge):
. . . . . . . . . turtle.right(1)
. . . . . . . . . turtle.forward(1)

>>> begin_fill()
>>> cir(360)
>>> end_fill()
>>> """
So now, after the turtle finish to mumu himself, Is there any way of saving the canvas?

I wonder if this may involve tkinter.
"""
>>>
Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by Codenister: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Well, I don't know exactly how it will be written in Python,
But you can do it this way:
Save the current state and movement details in a file, then load the info from that file anytime the program is opened. And remember to update the state afterwards
Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
You want to save the code to a file, not session. Seems you typed the code in Shell mode.

Open your Idle Ide in Script/Editor mode. Type the code in a file and save it. Then run it.

More instructions here
On mobile now. Will find time to write a sample code when I'm back on PC.
Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by badthinds: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thank you all. but I mean... saving the canvas as a picture.
Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by badthinds: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
I don't think any thing like that is on the python doc, but, since it uses a tkinter canvas, I want to believe something a bit official / unofficial can be done. At least I learnt programming is not all about obeying the rules. Thanks for cracking your head in advanced.
Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
badthinds:
I don't think any thing like that is on the python doc, but, since it uses a tkinter canvas, I want to believe something a bit official / unofficial can be done. At least I learnt programming is not all about obeying the rules.
My bad, I get what you mean now. A screenshot is your best option, I guess.

1 Like

Re: PYTHON Gurus: Is There Any Way Of Saving This Turtle Session? (code) by badthinds: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
But tkinter has a:

filename = PhotoImage( file = "example.gif" )
image = canvas.create_image(50, 50, anchor=NE, image=filename)

The above uses tkinter to create an image which can be an instance of BitMap also. And I discovered turtle uses the tkinter canvas. That means there is 'smoke' somewhere right?

(1) (Reply)

[benue] Programmers, Web Developer And All Tech Enthusiasts Enter Here / Java Programmers Needed Here..?..,..,,?. / Please Help Programmers!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.