Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com (1601 Views)

New Phone Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Although I have been making purchases from online stores such as aliexpress, gearbest, Konga, Jumia, banggood, everbuying, etc., I before this time, I never had sufficient faith in the postal and courier agencies to deliver an item such as a phone intact. I have heard of touching stories of unsuspecting members of the public loosing valuables in post office when they post or expecting parcels from abroad. Accordingly, all my orders hitherto has been through private freight forwarders - who has been facilitating the conveyance of my orders from China to Lagos, Nigeria.
After an observatory period of making orders from foreign online stores for less sensitive items such as power banks, Memory Cards, phone chargers, electric bulbs, crop seeds, etc., I concluded that the Nigerian postal services has recorded a perceptible improvement over their previous notorious reputation of mail/parcel pilferage. All my mails: both registered and ordinary quite arrived as as when due (16-18 days for registered parcel with tracking and 30 days for unregistered parcels). Armed with this experience, I decided to place an order for an android phone, hoping that all will be well ( as we use sing from church hymnary).

Order for Leagoo Z1 4" Phone.
My decision to go for Leagoo Z1 was after a search online. I discovered that the price was relatively cheap, although the specification were scaled down, it was meant to be an entry level phone, so the price and specifications ought to match. After browsing sites like gearbest, banggood, everbuying, tinydeal, I discovered that geekbuying sells at a promo price of $33.99 whereas other online stores as at then, were selling at $39.99 and above.
I had already have an account with geekbuying, so I signed in and without any waste of time, place order for a unit of the phone. I paid with my PayPal account at checkout. My StanbicIBTC MasterCard was selected. As as 14/06/2016, StanbicIBTC charged N335/$1, so $33.99 translated to the value of N11,386.65. The parcel was shipped 4 days later on 18/06/2016. Singapore Post was the shipping agent, the parcel had tracking no. It arrived Lagos on 27/06/2016, Uyo on 29/06/2016 and eventually my hometown on 1/07/2016. I eventually picked it up on 4/07/2016. This makes a total of 16 days in transit.
After opening my parcel, nothing was missing, neither was it tempered with! My risk taking has been rewarded!
I have attached photos of the parcel for your information.
Review of the phone will be undertaken in another thread.
Thank you for stopping by to read my experience.
Please if you have any question about online order and shipping, kindly ask, I will happy to provide prompt response.
God bless you all.

Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Opistorincos(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice one man... I will consider buying from them someday
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Opistorincos:

I'm definitely not going to buy this kind of stuff online, in order to avoid stories that touch the heart sad, @Op whats the phone specs

Btw, will love it if you assist VIZKIZ to win the upcoming Mr Nairaland contest by voting for him, your vote is highly appreciated.. wink
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by bizgenius1: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice one..try to do a review especially the battery,and everbuying and geekuying rocks with very good customercare smiley
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Opistorincos(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I'm definitely not going to buy this kind of stuff online, in order to avoid stories that touch the heart sad, @Op whats the phone specs

Btw, will love it if you assist VIZKIZ to win the upcoming Mr Nairaland contest by voting for him, your vote is highly appreciated.. wink

Vizkiz it is then

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Kunleoduwole(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
hello,that was inspiring and kudos to our postal services..How can I open a pay pal account and I want to start mini importation,can you give me some info on ,sellers,and how to go about it ASAP.
THANKS.
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
Opistorincos:

Vizkiz it is then

Thanks bro, will mention you when its time.. Cc VizKiz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Kunleoduwole:
hello,that was inspiring and kudos to our postal services..How can I open a pay pal account and I want to start mini importation,can you give me some info on ,sellers,and how to go about it ASAP.
THANKS.

I'm not into mini importation bro but i believe this link explains well how to open a paypal account and have it verified https://www.360nobs.com/2014/09/how-to-open-a-paypal-account-in-nigeria-and-what-you-can-do-with-it/... Wish you success in your future transactions wink.. Dont forget to Vote VIZKIZ for Mr Nairaland 2016 smiley

Change that nairaland to 360nobs, it was censored... dunno why
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
kool
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Opistorincos:
Thanks and you are welcome.
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Alright, I am sure you are aware that risk appetite differs from person to person, it's wise to operate within ones' appetite for risk. All phones in Nigeria are imported, whether you do it directly or buy from those that imported it. International commerce involves a factor of risk. I tend find it easier to do business with Chinese than Africans, because they are well organised than us.
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
bizgenius1:
Nice one..try to do a review especially the battery,and everbuying and geekuying rocks with very good customercare smiley
Thanks dear for your compliments, I will surely do a detailed phone review. I am resting at the moment.
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
Kunleoduwole:
THANKS.
1. Opening & verifying PayPal account
https://www.nairaland.com/2061368/how-open-verify-paypal-account
2. Mini importation threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/1962437/start-own-mini-importation-now
Before starting, just like any other business, think or survey on prices and if you notice that it is cheaper to import, go ahead. One of the main reason I import is because there are lots of fake products in Africa. Eg., I import Xiaomi power bank after reading user reviews and becoming convinced that they are original. Also, some items are not yet in Nigeria. eg. QC2.0 or QC3.0 phone chargers, no shop in Nigeria will understand what you are taking about. Certain original car spare parts are hard to find locally, eg, engine rings for rebuilding engine. Nevertheless, you can find the original from USA on amazon or eBay, ditto for original laptop battery.
After identifying your niche, swing into action
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Franky826: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2017
optimised:

1. Opening & verifying PayPal account
https://www.nairaland.com/2061368/how-open-verify-paypal-account
2. Mini importation threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/1962437/start-own-mini-importation-now
Before starting, just like any other business, think or survey on prices and if you notice that it is cheaper to import, go ahead. One of the main reason I import is because there are lots of fake products in Africa. Eg., I import Xiaomi power bank after reading user reviews and becoming convinced that they are original. Also, some items are not yet in Nigeria. eg. QC2.0 or QC3.0 phone chargers, no shop in Nigeria will understand what you are taking about. Certain original car spare parts are hard to find locally, eg, engine rings for rebuilding engine. Nevertheless, you can find the original from USA on amazon or eBay, ditto for original laptop battery.
After identifying your niche, swing into action

This is an old thread but if you still around bro I definitely need your assistance in geekbuying. In paying using PayPal can you link your Visa or MasterCard and PayPal withdraws the money from your bank account? Or you need to find the PayPal directly inorder to make your purchase? Kindly assist please
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by optimised: 5:42am On Nov 25, 2017
Franky826:

This is an old thread but if you still around bro I definitely need your assistance in geekbuying. In paying using PayPal can you link your Visa or MasterCard and PayPal withdraws the money from your bank account? Or you need to find the PayPal directly inorder to make your purchase? Kindly assist please
Yes, just open a PayPal account and link your VISA or MasterCard, verify the Card & you are ready to conduct transaction.
Note: just selected banks allows foreign transactions on their Card.
Re: Nairalander First Phone Purchase From Geekbuying.com by Franky826: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
optimised:

Yes, just open a PayPal account and link your VISA or MasterCard, verify the Card & you are ready to conduct transaction.
Note: just selected banks allows foreign transactions on their Card.

Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Samsung Galaxy Note 5 For Sale / Dstv Drifta. / Pls Send Me Unlocking Code For My Tctmobile CE0700 Modem. IMEI 354594032756078.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.