Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis (839 Views)

Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / Smart ForTwo Explodes After Owner Accidentally Fills Air Intake With Petrol / So I Decided To Change My Air Filter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by starlionnotch: 12:59am On Jul 06, 2016
Please house, what is the implication of this, as my mechanic has discovered that the air intake fuel sensor has been removed. What does this mean for the performance of my car.
lastly, what is the function of the coils attached to the plug wires in my car, as I am being told its the cause of my engine viberation while on D in traffic.
Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26am On Jul 06, 2016
starlionnotch:
Please house, what is the implication of this, as my mechanic has discovered that the air intake fuel sensor has been removed. What does this mean for the performance of my car.
lastly, what is the function of the coils attached to the plug wires in my car, as I am being told its the cause of my engine viberation while on D in traffic.

* vehicle is not introduced properly (we don't know what model of avensis)

* there is no such part highlighted

* coils are to send power to the spark plugs to provide a spark needed for combustion.
Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by honmusa(m): 6:16am On Jul 06, 2016
starlionnotch:
nothing like air intake fuel sensor?
maybe u mean air intake temperature sensor or air fuel sensor ?
Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by starlionnotch: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
honmusa:

nothing like air intake fuel sensor?
maybe u mean air intake temperature sensor or air fuel sensor ?

yes, I mean the air fuel sensor.

The Model is 1999 Avensis.
Thanks for your response.
Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
starlionnotch:

yes, I mean the air fuel sensor.

The Model is 1999 Avensis.
Thanks for your response.

starlionnotch:

I have not seen those type of coils fail (it is possible but very unlikely) I have never seen the intake air temperature sensor throw a code. But since yours is missing The sensor can easily be found as a second hand part in the ladipo market.

Get a second opinion about the misfire you are currently having.

Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by starlionnotch: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I have not seen those type of coils fail (it is possible but very unlikely) I have never seen the intake air temperature sensor throw a code. But since yours is missing The sensor can easily be found as a second hand part in the ladipo market.

Get a second opinion about the misfire you are currently having.

Thanks for your respobse.
Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by adanny01(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2016
You should have access to a phone with camera. Why dont you snap the car and the location of the missing part if you dont know its name.

From the name you called, i can only think of the items below;
1. Air/fuel ratio sensor (AFR)
2. Intake air temperature sensor (IAT)
3. Mass air flow sensor (MAF)
4. Manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP)

Am not sure for a Toyota but for a Honda, these things would not stop a car. However, fuel trim will be on open loop meaning more fuel consumption and possibly limp mode depending on the model year.

For the coil packs, unless you have misfire codes, it shouldnt be mentioned. Thats something that hardly fails and difficult to diagnose. A lot of other faults could seem to an average mechanic like a bad coil pack. Spark plugs, worn piston rings, cracked head cylinder or engine block, head gasket leak, burnt valve, incorrect valve timing would all give similar signs like a bad coil pack. The list above and many others would cause vibrations so it is better to scan the car to eliminate faults.

1 Like

Re: My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis by starlionnotch: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
adanny01:
You should have access to a phone with camera. Why dont you snap the car and the location of the missing part if you dont know its name.

From the name you called, i can only think of the items below;
1. Air/fuel ratio sensor (AFR)
2. Intake air temperature sensor (IAT)
3. Mass air flow sensor (MAF)
4. Manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP)

Am not sure for a Toyota but for a Honda, these things would not stop a car. However, fuel trim will be on open loop meaning more fuel consumption and possibly limp mode depending on the model year.

For the coil packs, unless you have misfire codes, it shouldnt be mentioned. Thats something that hardly fails and difficult to diagnose. A lot of other faults could seem to an average mechanic like a bad coil pack. Spark plugs, worn piston rings, cracked head cylinder or engine block, head gasket leak, burnt valve, incorrect valve timing would all give similar signs like a bad coil pack. The list above and many others would cause vibrations so it is better to scan the car to eliminate faults.

Thanks for your contribution, you made a lot of sense. And you are very correct on the fuel consumption issue. The absense of that device has drained my fuel.

(1) (Reply)

Frsc Speed Limiters, Deadline, 31st January 2017. / Throwback Thursday: 1978 Mercedes-benz Auto 2000 / Nissan Unveils Electric Car More Powerful Than Its GT-R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.