Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics (690 Views)

Can Someone Do A Masters In Medicine With Degree In Public Health? / Should I Leave Hnd To Start Afresh With Degree? Please Help Me!!! / SHOULD I CONTINUE WITH HND OR START AFRESH WITH DEGREE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by Tosignrule(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello friends,
I want u guy to help my career, because i choose physics in jamb with the aim of working in oil and gas company or lecturer , nO INSULT PLS

and any one who study that course that have upper hand should pls comment,

I will be glad if this topic is in front page
Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
My insights:

Physics is a course for incredibly intelligent persons, and If you attempt to dive into it with an average intellect, you'll find it challenging and useless. So, as you'll find, the Ideas I'm going to put on ground are going to be achievable only if you're reasonably smart. And no. Hard work won't cut it here. unless you want to start earning when you're forty.

You could go for a Masters, and then PhD, and become an independent researcher, most likely in theoretical physics.

You could go for a PGD after your degree and divert into petrochemical engineering.

You could apply for analytical jobs after your degree.

You could become an entrepreneurial innovator like Elon Musk

You could pick up programming while in school and, using your knowledge in physics, write helpful software for other physicists and engineers.

You could graduate with a first class and become a lecturer

You could become a highly celebrated Author, like Stephen Hawking and Richard Muller

You could go for multiple degrees and become an Authority, like Salman Khan. No, Not the one with all the bulging muscles.

You could go for a masters in a meteorological course and get a job at a weather forecasting company.

You could use your knowledge in physics to invent something really fascinating, which you can market to companies for a profit.

You could become a Motivational Speaker. Many Physicists are good at talking to people.

You could pick up a few Courses related to robotics and become a robotics researcher.

You could build a particle accelerator, connect yourself to it press the start button, and become flash. grin grin grin

You could partner with a team of experts from other scientific fields, get a patron, and participate in science projects around the world for money

You could partner with this team, only instead, you'd become an innovation company, building new technology and selling it to the highest bidder. see Raffaello D' Andrea

You could become a Science communicator, be a presenter for science programs, and go on talks. see Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, and Neil Degrasse Tyson

You could open a YouTube channel to do the above, instead. See Micheal Stevens and Derek Muller

I thought of all these withing 15 minutes of seeing your question. the point is not to brag, but to show you that the point is not the course you've chosen, But the knowledge gained. with that knowledge, The universe is on your finger tips. you can do ANYTHING you want. as long as you can imagine, as long as you utilize your brain to find out what you can do with the time that you have.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by Tosignrule(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
Thankx so much
Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by Tosignrule(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thank u
Re: Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics by lanreni: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Where are you living?

(1) (Reply)

Electrical And Electronic Engineering Project Topics And Materials / FOR THE GURUS (solve This Lil Maths) / Engineering Student Designs Revolutionary Energy Storage Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.