Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. (859 Views)

For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Which Trasmission Oil Is Best For A Honda Accord 2000 Model? / Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. by lordpapi(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dear auto gurus of nairaland, I need urgent possible explanation and solution to a transmission problem with my 2005 rx330.
I took the car to an auto mechanic to replace the drive shaft( the inner cup and bearing to be precise), driver side shaft oil seal and also to replace all the brake pads, shocks, ball joint, linkages, camber, engine seatings etc. Car drove well after all the repair but suddenly developed fault after about 3 miles distance drive.
the gear will disengage at will and wont accelerate even when it manages to engage. so I had to manage and take the car back to the auto workshop where it was diagnosed and a P0746 code(- Pressure Control Solenoid A Performance or Stuck Off) was discovered as the reason the car had the problem.

my question now I;
1- what could possible cause this sudden problem to the gear box?
2- could it be that the shaft replacement could trigger a damage to the gear box( - Pressure Control Solenoid A Performance or Stuck Off)?
3- what ways can this issue be resolved?

am not happy about this cos a lot have been spent already. pls, I need your advice.
Re: Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. by Ladipodeal: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Over the years browsing Nairaland Auto section, I got to know that for shafts to be worked on some some cars, the car must be parked for over 8hrs to allow the engine cool down.
Read on some previous trend about people complaining about gear problem after shafts replacement, possible they worked on your car while the engine was still hot or dirt found way into the gearbox system and this might ruin the gear box.
Last time I was to replace shaft called gazzuzz for his free professional advise. Eventually replaced the outer shaft only.
Re: Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Your RX has been kazeemized. grin
Re: Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Something was not done right. You can start by checking for unplugged sensors / actuators around the engine / gearbox.

(1) (Reply)

BMW Inspection Expert Needed / Yamaha Fascino Best Scooter WITH Good Fuel Efficiency !! / 4 Major Things To Do To Win Bus Conductors In Arguments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.