Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Why We Need To Be An Entrepreneur (part 1) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why We Need To Be An Entrepreneur (part 1) (365 Views)

5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur / Stop Calling Everyone An Entrepreneur / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need To Be An Entrepreneur (part 1) by oyeniyi10(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2016
n Nigeria today, youth unemployment is a norm in the society. The Nigerian youths are being played and kept aside like a. 5-aside football game. Getting a job in Nigeria today is nothing to write home about. A “typical” Nigerian graduate, after spending at least four years in the higher institution of learning, has no hope instead his/her “after- school” life is riddled with fear and uncertainty. As a typical born and breed Nigerian and raised in a Nigerian culture, you’d agree with me that once you become a graduate, you are automatically expected to carry some responsibilities- from parents, from siblings and of course from people around you. So these “automatic” responsibilities combined with the thought of your upkeep after school–of course you can’t continually depend on your parent after graduating– brings upon an average Nigerian graduate, fear of the future and worries of the unknown. The Job market is inundated with both qualified and otherwise set of graduates. Some are fortunate enough to return to school for 2nd degree,but well I’ve seen a masters degree holder still unemployed. I can’t forget so soon the case of a vacancy at Dangote Group that attracted six Ph.D holders and 704 masters degree holders to a post of an Executive Truck Driver. With that number of masters and Ph.D applicants, you can guess the number of what the bachelor degree applicants will be. So what will save we the average Nigerian graduate and even the “to be” graduates from the thoughts riddled with fear of the future? How can we be at peace in our mind without the worries of uncertainty? How will you feel as a young graduate, to wake up one morning and getting prepared to go to your place of work, not just a work but work founded and owned by you? I bet you’d feel a lot more relieved and accomplished. There are so many things that comes with being an entrepreneur. Entreprenuership has both its pros and cons, its highs and lows as well as its gains and losses. The most obvious advantage of owing your business is the opportunity to be your own boss. Being in charge and making the important decisions regarding your business can be fulfilling, but it can also be challenging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Need To Be An Entrepreneur (part 1) by Photomania(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice
Re: Why We Need To Be An Entrepreneur (part 1) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Its a great piece.
I noticed your title is

Why We Need to Be an Entrepreneur

Shouldnt it be
Why we need to be entrepreneurs.

(1) (Reply)

Networking 101 For Professionals- Akeem gbadamosi / Ib Polytechnic Forms / Association Of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) Video Lectures F1 To P7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.