Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,247 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated (836 Views)

What Is This Called In Your Dialect? / What Is This Thing Called In English (PICTURES) / Drama As Firemen Are Called In During Ooni Of Ife Ritual Ceremony In Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by aheadofthem(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please I need mature minds to come in and give me what I need. In my area (Southeastern Nigeria) there is a sickness that mostly affects little children when their mothers get pregnant again. It is characterized by fever, tiredness and loss of appetite (I may not be totally correct though). They treat it in some traditional ways and some women said the only treatment for it is to separate the child from his/her pregnant mother. In my dialect the sickness is called ‘AGWA’. I have been asking questions to understand how the pregnancy of a mother can possibly make her child sick. Who knows of this and please what is it called in your area and how is it treated. Also if you have any explanations as to how and why it happens I will appreciate it.
Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
aheadofthem:
Please I need mature minds to come in and give me what I need. In my area (Southeastern Nigeria) there is a sickness that mostly affects little children when their mothers get pregnant again. It is characterized by fever, tiredness and loss of appetite (I may not be totally correct though). They treat it in some traditional ways and some women said the only treatment for it is to separate the child from his/her pregnant mother. In my dialect the sickness is called ‘AGWA’. I have been asking questions to understand how the pregnancy of a mother can possibly make her child sick. Who knows of this and please what is it called in your area and how is it treated. Also if you have any explanations as to how and why it happens I will appreciate it.
Gatiano.
Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by gatiano(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
I have never heard of this before, this is the first time. And it does not add up. It may be more psychological than medical because children feel and see things as everything and everybody really are.

The question is; How old are this children when their mothers get pregnant? 1 to 3 years old?

aheadofthem:
Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by aheadofthem(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=gatiano post=47297683]I have never heard of this before, this is the first time. And it does not add up. It may be more psychological than medical because children feel and see things as everything and everybody really are.

The question is; How old are this children when their mothers get pregnant? 1 to 3 years old?

Yea from the little I know about it, it happens mostly to children whose mothers are still giving birth. Can you just ask women in your area and throw some light afterwards. I will appreciate.
Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
I've heard of when small kids get sick when their parents fail to introduce them formally to their grandparents. I had a friend some time ago who spent days on end in an out of hospital with her son. Until another advised her to take the child to see its grandparents. And he became healthy again. Some things are just spiritual.

But the solution to the op seems drastic. I hope the separation is not very long.
Re: What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated by gatiano(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
If the child is still very young and breast feeding from his/her pregnant mother, then it would cause a little problem. It is more psychological and could be a little medical on the side.

I once made a comment about how children a super scientists and mathematicians than all adults. If trained well from their childish point of view, they would grow up into godlike beings and if indoctrinated, then we get what we have now.

Children act upon their intuition and instinct, while adults act on logical and we all can see the damage logical reasoning is doing to the planet and all living organisms on it.

When a child is born, He/She studies his/her surrounding, and understands how much of space he/she needs. Space, attention from parent, love, organised enviroments, relationship between his father and mother is very crucial. Now think, If all these necessities and needs are not adequate, what should we now expect from the child/children? They are not selfish, on the contrary, they would have to re-adjust and reclimatized themselves and that is stressful.

Every child is connected to their mothers. When the mother is stressed, sad, unloved by their husbands, feel anxiety, anxious etc. The child will feel everything to the last drop. So seperating the child would not cut it.

When mothers, sisters, daughters, women are happy, there, there would be a healthy and happy civilization.

[quote author=aheadofthem post=47298331][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Oba Abdul Rasheed Drive Caterpillar As He Flags Off Road Construction In Iwo(pix / Afeima: Hidden Fact Exposed. / Paramount Ruler Of Uyo In Land Grabbing Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.