Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Having A Baby In NYC - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having A Baby In NYC (535 Views)

Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village / Woman Abandons Hubby In Jail, Dumps Baby In Orphanage, Moves In With 4th Man (pi / Woman Kept Her Baby In A Bag While Shopping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Having A Baby In NYC by Kenechi88: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hi everyone, I am considering having a baby in New York . Please is there anyone here who can help me with indepth information on the whole process i.e baby's birth certificate, US passport and Nigerian visa?
Thanks
Re: Having A Baby In NYC by Nyceguy92: 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
I saw that you just registered probably to create this post.
Seriously, why did you chose New York?
Do you have relatives there and, if so, they should have told you all you need to know.

If you have current Visa, all you need to do is hop on the plane.
Otherwise, you need to apply for a visa.
In your case, the category that suits your purpose is visitor visa.

If your pregnancy is advanced, your chances are slim because those officials will suspect you only want their country's citizenship.
But if it is not very visible and all necessary documents are complete, you may succeed, depending on how you answer questions at the interview.

Usually, 6 months months stay period will be given to you at the airport .
So, if your pregnancy is, say 3 months at the time, your delivery may come as your stay ends. No problem.
Problem is even if you succeed at the interview, immigration officials may refuse you entry and turn you back because your belle don dey show well well.

Assuming you crossed and you have a place to stay, which you should, you need to register in a clinic as a pregnant woman.
If you have enough money, no problem. Clinics are there to make money regardless of your status.
I learnt that normal delivery costs upwards of $20K.

American citizenship can be acquired by birth in American soil.
I am not aware of any legislation nullifying that for now.

This is the much I know.
Re: Having A Baby In NYC by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:26am On Jul 08, 2016
Visit the travel section, there's a thread on it. You will get all the information you need there. Wish you a safe delivery.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Indomie Generation Cannot Understand These Things / Man Found Drinking Beer At A Bar While His Burial Was Taking Place / Missing Girl!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.