Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Question For Authors And Poets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Question For Authors And Poets (290 Views)

A Question For Our Distinguished Nigerian Lawyers / Question For Start Up Company Registration / Top 5 Money Books By Nigerian Authors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Question For Authors And Poets by SegilolaSalami: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2016
Hi all,

Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with an author based in Nigeria on twitter.

To summarise, he wanted me to help him publish his books/poetry collection and make it available worldwide on retail outlets like Amazon, itunes etc etc

This then reminded me of a conversation I had with an aspiring author, also living in Nigeria, on a similar topic.

So my question now is, for the authors based in Nigeria, how do you self publish your books?

I recently found out that you cannot download ebooks from the Amazon store if you are in Nigeria. Does this also stop you from uploading your ebooks to sell on Amazon?

Would you patronise a publisher that not only facilitates self publishing but makes your books available to over 30,000 retails outlets all over the world including Amazon, itunes, sainsbury's, barnes and noble etc etc?

With the market the way it is, there are considerably more authors than there are traditional publishing houses. Would you rather let your books gather dust whilst waiting for a traditional contract or would you self publish?

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide To Success / How To Earn More Profits Because Of An Affiliate Program / Gain Addimision Into Any University Of Your Choice Without JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.