Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos (1342 Views)

Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri / This Nigerian Man Has Masters Degree In Eating (Photos, Video) / What Are you Eating Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos by topstory: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
There are certain 'delicacies' that I will never be caught dead eating, and the ones you're about seeing are some of them. I mean, really!! The irony is that some of them are considered delicacies in Nigeria.

Which have you eaten, and which ones will dare attempt to eat? Go on the journey with me as we explore five of the creepiest insects Nigerians snack on

Locust.

I recall during my service year, the villagers in my PPA were mad about locusts. Catch 'em, salt, 'em, fry 'em and eat with garri Ijebu. *puke*

Crickets

My grandma was a lover of crickets, but thankfully that love did not extend to her grand kids

Palm Weevil Larva

Winged Termites

The villagers in my aforementioned PPA were also termite crazy. Salted termites in local soup and pounded yam...yummy..

Re: Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
what u call palm weevil lavar, i call maggot. seriously, i'm crazy abt dem
Re: Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos by Samjr(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Omg I feel like throwing up am sorry but have never and can't eat any of them
Re: Five Creepiest Insects Nigerians Snack On, And Which One Are You Eating? (photos by Dreal11247: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
These are among the few delicacies that provided the people of old with life-prolonging nutrients. That is why they were alien to kidney diseases, liver problems, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. I really missed some of them.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Mayonnaise At Home Under 5 Minutes / See The Size Of Akara In My Area / How Much Is Golden Penny Spaghetti In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.