Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website (1661 Views)

I Need Constructive Criticism- THREAD CLOSED / I Need Constructive Criticism About My Site @ Www.freegist.com / Kindly Provide Constructive Criticism Of This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
Well, well, well. I haven't originally posted an article in ages, due to responsbilities at work. I am bit free now and so trust me, my busy-body, lack-of-wat-to-do self decided to do some random google, researching for what could be the next explosive thread on this board cool

I decided to google NTA and found their website: http://www.nta.com.ng/

Let's offer some constructive criticism of the site. In other words, if you were hired to perform an audit of the site, what would you recommend? I will hold my peace till I see at least a few responses.

Oya! Let's hear it! grin
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by Afam(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2009
Latest News
Former Rwandan official gets 30 years over genocideJarek
Nigerian president orders release of militant leader
Mom Gives Birth in Her Pants
Super Eagles of Nigeria out-class Harambe
Stars Anambra Governoship Poster: Akunyili Disassociates Herself

Just saw this on the home page and wondered how Nigeria - Kenya match could be latest news.

The site is refreshingly neat even though I have not been able to go through the site, maybe tomorrow.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2009
Cool note Afam. I noticed 10 things but again, I will wait for others to partake b4 I list them. Stay tuned.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
hmmm, it always baffles me how posts that to me, would lead to us all learning something, end up getting no play, yet site reviews get 1000% undivided attention.

I am beginning to rethink purpose of this board
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by akmoh(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
Over stretched, skewed, blurry pics on the front page sideshow.
Good people, Great Nation logo spoils the banner; relocation an option.
News re outdated and dont reflect current moment or day e.g. "president Umaru Musa Yar'dua norminates new CBN governor".
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
he he,

FINALLY! A response tongue

Thanks akmoh
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by nolongTing: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2009
1. Photo Gallery link dose not exist

2. Video Gallery link dose not exist

3. Main Image Slide show has stretched/oversized images

- infact images and thumbs throughout the site were not sized properly

4. Content is out of date e.g

Powell to Republicans: Listen to moderates, too: Posted by glory ekanem on May 24th 2009

Super Eagles of Nigeria out-class Harambe Stars: Posted by Jenson Okereke on June 8th 2009

5. The terms of use still had the DW Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, , grin

6. No programme schedule!!!!!

7. No content in Money Market

8. No content in interviews

9. Blog link had Hello world! grin

10. Video link had a link to ONE youtube Vid

could'nt be bothered to look for more but the MAIN problem is WEAK CONTENT, the overall impression is that the site is still being developed.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by lightwalk(m): 12:58am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^good analysis, but at the end what do you achieve with it?
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by Afam(m): 8:10am On Sep 24, 2009
lightwalk:

^^^good analysis, but at the end what do you achieve with it?

The thread talks about constructive criticism of the NTA website.

He just did that.

So, why the question?

You must learn to respect other peoples' positions or views whether you agree with them or not.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by lightwalk(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2009
^You must also learn to understand, am asking a simple question, what's the use of saying Nigeria is corrupt or ananlyzing the corruption of Nigeria when you cannot do anything about it
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by Afam(m): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2009
lightwalk:

^You must also learn to understand, am asking a simple question, what's the use of saying Nigeria is corrupt or ananlyzing the corruption of Nigeria when you cannot do anything about it

Who is talking about Nigeria being corrupt or analyzing corruption here? Can you please stick to the thread proper?
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by lightwalk(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^DUH!!! grin
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2009
lightwalk, I guess you are missing the point. It probably would have been best if you didn't bother posting. Your question is akin to, "if mr A won't bother changing anything, y bother reviewing?" You never know what could happen. It is better to try and lose than not to try at all.

Afam took it upon himself to set up a website called nigeriawebsiteblunders.com. This is a site where corporate entities who may be unaware of what is wrong with their sites can go, find issues and fix them and/or hire someone else to do so.

Even if nothing is done, again, you miss the point: We are using this as a learning instrument - to learn what to do and not do on our own sites.

I hope this clarifies things.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by kolitos007: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
I think I get what @lightwalk is trying to say, what is the point reviewing a website when it does not make any difference what so ever, they didn't ask for pointers and it won't change the website.

You give constructive criticism to those that need it and could make use of your points, this is just pointless, if the site is skewed or has out of date information, it does not change anything.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2009
Well:

1) You can't say for a fact that say, NTA isn't taking note of what we are saying

For instance, I know for a fact that the developers of punch and sun news online (or their surrogates) are members of this board. If you go through my posts on their respective sites, u will probably note that no sooner than I post than they come on to say they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.

2) Even if they aren't, again, I say these reviews are, in the long term, for our own benefit.

Who knows? You and/or I might be called upon to develop a similar site or NTA is shopping for a new developer. You just never know.

3) Earlier this year, I posted the flaws of nigeria.gov.ng. As usual, many posted "can i see your works?" or "what's the point?" In the end, we reached common ground and I even suggested we get together to build a site worthy of our nation. Again, many asked wat the point was as such a site would probably never get noticed. I argued again for learning. I figured at least 10 people would do the job but only 3 or so showed interest. I was envisioning a situation where even if the FG didn't accept it, we could market it and make it our own. Who knows? kpa kpa, some company or SG out there would have enquired further.

Shortly thereafter, Akunyili announced that nigeria.gov.ng would no longer be in service as it was hard to manage and that different ministries should manage their own sites. Now, I am not saying my post had anything to do with it but at least Akunyili realized the flaws of the site.

In conclusion:
lightwalk may have a point but just like you devote time in school to cram things you may never use in the future, it doesn't hurt to keep your creative juices flowing by continuously learning things for your own benefit.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by kolitos007: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
I am still trying to see any value to your comments, just has you said, nigeria.gov.ng was removed because it was hard to manage, can mean so many things, and have nothing to do with how the site looks or its functions. That just means, too many people running the site and each ministries should run it themselves.

Right if you are trying to get every bodies comments and send it to them, then that will be a valid point, to be honest, I don't care about your work and what you have done, you could be the best developer or the worse, I don't know and I ain't gonna be asking you to show your work because its of no point to what NTA website looks like.

Surely there must be something better to talk about than looking at websites you can't change and asking people to go on G.I Joe on it, yes NTA website may not be the best, my question to you is does the website looking like something from a sci-fi movie make any difference? Does it make NTA's service any better?

I don't know, I just don't see any value's in your point thats all, even though I think you mean well.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2009
Then ignore the post and move on tongue tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by kolitos007: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
Fair enough grin
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by lightwalk(m): 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2009
@kolitos; thanks she's not getting my point, why create a thread called constructive criticism of so so so website. I understand what she means anyway but the point is if you want someone to change, don't criticize. You could have created a thread called 'Building a Perfect Website'
That way people will want to see the widely held view of a perfect website and will take actions. You don't need to mention names. You can't say that they dunno what' s happening in their site.

@Yawatide, You can as well create a thread called 'Constructive Criticism of the Nigerian government', but you don't need to stick out your tongue to someone when you are undecided
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Yawatide, You can as well create a thread called 'Constructive Criticism of the Nigerian government', but you don't need to stick out your tongue to someone when you are undecided

undecided

Please refer to post #16  cool
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by kolitos007: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
Hehe, don't seem like yawa will ever understand the point, so its all GOOD!!
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by Afam(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
kolitos007:

Hehe, don't seem like yawa will ever understand the point, so its all GOOD!!

Abeg, sorry for asking. What exactly is the point?
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by kolitos007: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
Erm duh!!! Its just a bit of banter, or don't you have humour, are you a stick lol.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by lightwalk(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by WebMonk(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2009
@Topic - Maybe they could have a podcast service?

I listen to CNN podcasts on the hour every hour (when I can), mostly on my way to work. This actually beats sitting down to sieve through news when you can have a compressed "best" of the new per hour (as a 2MB file). People might argue how many people will patronize such, but If they redesigned their site, i see no reason why they can't do podcasting.
Re: Constructive Criticism Of Nta Website by yawatide(f): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
good suggestion monk. The possibilities are endless.

Again, even if NTA folks don't read this, others who may work on a similar site can take notes and apply to their own sites.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Please Review Www.njorku.com ? / How Do I Upgrade My Php Version From 5.2.3 To 5.2.4 Or Higher / Please Help Me With A Good Site To Register My Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.