Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. (610 Views)

The Prohibition On Fasting In The Second Half Of Sha’baan / Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Formulating The Right Intentions| Getting Rewards When You Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Oladim001(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2016
I have a question. Is it possible for a muslim to fast with two different intentions. For example, you want to fast six days in shawwal and you missed some days in Ramadhan, can you decide to join the two intentions for one single fasting. Rilwayne001, empiree, lexiconkabir,Rilwon and other learned muslims. I need your response to this?
Re: Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2016
Salam aleikom, Oladim001

Combining acts of worship is of two types:

One type is not correct, which is in the case of acts of worship which are independent or are part of another. In these cases, intentions cannot be combined. For example, if a man misses the Sunnah of Fajr, and the sun comes up and the time for Salaat al-Duhaa comes, the Sunnah of Fajr cannot take the place of Salaat al-Duhaa, or vice-versa. They cannot be combined, because the Sunnah of Fajr is independent, and Salaat al-Duhaa is independent, and neither of them can take the place of the other.

The same applies if an act is connected to the one that comes before it , they cannot be combined. So if a man says, “I want to have the intention of praying both fard and sunnah when I pray Fajr,” we would tell him that this is not correct, because the Sunnah (of Fajr) is directly connected to the Fard, and cannot take its place.

The second type is where what is intended is not a specific act of worship. In this case, intentions may be combined. For example: a man enters the mosque where the people are praying Salaat al-Fajr. It is known that when a man enters the mosque, he should not sit down until he prays two rak’ahs, so if he joins the imaam in that prayer, this is good enough. Why? Because the point is that he should pray two rak’ahs when he enters the mosque.

With regard to fasting the six days of Shawwaal, they are connected to Ramadaan and can only done after making up missed Ramadaan fasts. If he fasts them before making up missed Ramadaan fasts he will not attain that reward, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” It is well known that whoever still owes days from Ramadaan is not regarded as having fasted Ramadaan until he makes up the days he missed.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2016
^^ That fatwa was given by shaykh solih munajid with some slight editing done by me, the last paragraph is from Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen in his book "Fataawa al-Siyaam"
Re: Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Empiree: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
^^

The brother already did justice to your question.

So you repay your missed fast before "six Shawwal"

1 Like

Re: Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Oladim001(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Jazakumullahu khayran. Thanks for responding. May Allah increase us all in beneficial wisdom and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Question On Fasting With Two Intentions. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
Oladim001:
Jazakumullahu khayran. Thanks for responding. May Allah increase us all in BENEFICIAL wisdom and knowledge.

Wa iyak.

(1) (Reply)

Hijab Ladies Clear Laurels At Lagos Spelling Bee Competition / Qur'an Reading Pen ✒️for Sale / My Great love for Jesus lead me to islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.