Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips (1217 Views)

We Help Business Promote And Manage Their Business Social Media Plaforms. / Youwin Set To Launch And Open Portal On 24th July 2017 / Do You Want To Buy Fuel? Here Are Few Tips For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Monalisa185(f): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2016
How do you become your own boss, launch and manage your business? launching your business is very challenging and frankly only the strong and patient would succeed. The challenges you would face when you start off are hard but what keeps you going is the zeal and excitement of owning and growing something that is entirely yours. So its very important that you do something you truly love or are passionate about.

As a new business owner, you would realize that there are protocols that you need to put in place not just for those around you but for yourself as well. It is important because it would help you focus, some of the key pointers for managing yourself are the following;

1. Be A Goal-Setter and A Go-Setter
Its very important not to loose sight of whats important. The fact that you have no Kpi’s or performance review forms to fill might make you miss whats important. So you have to stay focused and set goals you would like to achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly etc. This would keep you on track and ensure you keep momentum. It is important that you meet up with this goals and not look at them as a simple list.

2. Organizing Is Key
Compartmentalizing, organizing is very important at this stage because you have to single-handedly deal with every aspect of your business at this stage from the fun parts to the legal stuffs and all those in-between. Therefore its important to keep a file cabinet, use google docs, and apps to make sure you are as organized as possible.

3. Sell Yourself (Not Just Your Business)
Companies that have charismatic leadership tends to succeed more than the others because people believe more in the person than the idea, so take out time to socialize and network rather than leaving it all to email correspondence. Remember it would serve you better to build a personal connection with potentials.

4. Be your own Employee
How would you treat an employee? Well you have to treat yourself like an employee by holding yourself by the same standards you hold your employer which means sticking to scheduled days off, working business hours meeting your goals and expectations. This attitude would help the business grow.

5. Stay Kind but Be Competitive
Everyone loves a kindhearted but hard working individual, nobody likes a conniving or slick-talking individual so be kind but stay competitive. See your competitors as motivation to be better and move forward.

6. You’re Never Off The Clock
Point 4 was be your own employee but for you, you can’t clock out. Your work is 24 hours 7 days a week, although this doesn’t mean you would be behind the desk the whole time it means you dedicate yourself to your mission everywhere and anywhere, see opportunities around you.

7. Be Accountable
Its very important that you are accountable for everything, you have to be in charge expect and accept responsibilities that has to do with taking care of your business because its your job to see the ideas through to the end. Ensure you have giving the venture a hundred and one%.

http://www.madivas.com/become-your-own-boss-launch-and-manage-your-business-with-this-few-tips/

Cc: lalasticlala obinoscopy Dominique

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2016
shocked
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by dollaflow(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2016
ok
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
wonderful monalisa.. I absolutely love this smiley
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by tizblink: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice piece.

Lemme add, this.
Don't necessarily think bout the profit of the business.
What ever you do, whether you rendering services, or manufacturing, ensure you give your best.

Keep this.
"Do not chase money but attract it. Whatever you chase runs away"

Lalasticlala what do you say? smiley
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Monalisa185(f): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
tizblink:
Nice piece.

Lemme add, this.
What ever you do, whether you rendering services, or manufacturing, ensure you give your best.

Keep this.

wow....nice one tiz... I like that last line... I'll keep that in mind... Thank you toocheesy
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Monalisa185(f): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Jarizod:
wonderful monalisa.. I absolutely love this smiley

gringrin
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by hungryboy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Makes sense,
But in case any of una start business were una need gateman or security guard,
Am always at your service oh.
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by pweetychyka(f): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice one darling!
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
Monalisa185:

gringrin
hello pretty Monalisa smiley

How's it going?
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by oddytech(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
*Golden Opportunity!!!*
~Get a well design website for:
_- School. - Church. - Organisation. - Group. - Personal Use. - Company. - Industry. - other(specify)
At cheap and affordable price....
*_CONTACT US:_*
* whatsapp/Call: +2348145178795
* Email: oddytechdesigns1@gmail.com.
* Facebook.com/o.t designs
* Twitter.com/oddytech

Part of my works
www.tapgist.ml
www.taploaded..com
Many more..
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by frakdon(m): 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
tizblink:
Nice piece.

Lemme add, this.

Keep this.

this got me thinking, thanks Bro..but how does attraction work?

great piece.
Monalisa185 please I am gonna need more on the selling your self point? (3)
I think I have been finding it hard to do for awhile sort of..
Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Ejiogbe(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
Awesome and educative piece. We also need to always provide quality products and services to the public.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com

1 Like

Re: Become Your Own Boss, Launch And Manage Your Business With These Few Tips by Jack188: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
All those tips here are very useful and vital for every business owner, I guess. I can also recommend you to pay attention to your employees. You should check everything about them, especially their social profiles and background. Here is some nice info on how to do it correctly: https://clevercontrol.com/is-employee-social-media-page-check-up-useful/ I guess, you will find it useful for you as well as I do

(1) (Reply)

Farewell To Sportbetting / Government Should Ban MMM Immediately - Freeze / Nigerians Grounding Mmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.