Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks (13545 Views)

MTN To Pick More Banks To Work On Planned Nigerian IPO / Four Banks Trading Below Minimum Liquidity Ratio – MPC Members / Emefiele Elected Chairman Of International Islamic Liquidity Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by totorimi: 9:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wonder the fate of banks like Keystone and Unity if Skye can be axed by CBN.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Pavarottii(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
Before buhari go kill us. Na em go die ooo... we no go die. This is cause because of 2 major things. Forex scarcity- Manufacturer, business men, oil guys can't get dollars, so they r owing these banks. And TSA-Government took out the money that these banks are using to cushion themselves and do business.

Good riddance.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by 989900: 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
NaijaMutant:

[s]The way people or numbers like you rather, find ways to raise blame theories why everybody or entity deserves to be punished in the event of any punitive action by either Efcc or govt agents is baffling.

Once you hear any news, you just quickly raise your conspiracy theories to affirm why the action is the best.

Are you the orchestrator or the punisher?[/s]
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by IVORY2009(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
dahmie2013:

I bet dere is anything in dat acct of urs. cheesy grin

Is okay, if u say so....
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Pavarottii(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
[quote author=989900 post=47379234][/quote]
Wen u see people that are low in IQ. U know. That's wat they do best.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by 989900: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pavarottii:

[s]Wen u see people that are low in IQ. U know. That's wat they do best.[/s]
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by truthspeaks: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
Guy u no go blame all these zombies. They have to wrk for their pay. Dats y u see dem quickly masturbate on any thread dat they believe favors their argument in defending d govt. Zombies have bn cryin dat buhari jails evrybody. Infact evrytime u hear dem singin 'jail, jail, jail' so tay dem go jail their relations unknowingly. So don't blame dem. They r working too
NaijaMutant:

The way people or numbers like you rather, find ways to raise blame theories why everybody or entity deserves to be punished in the event of any punitive action by either Efcc or govt agents is baffling.

Once you hear any news, you just quickly raise your conspiracy theories to affirm why the action is the best.

Are you the orchestrator or the punisher?
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
undecided this one wey you dey crush on lala so; It never been be careful?
Berlyn:
shocked
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by OlujobaSamuel: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
IVORY2009:
Get my bullion van ready, name the banks GTB, Zenith, UBA? CBN ooooo shocked shocked shocked
we are in the same both, but I don unfund that gtb since dey no wan gree close the account after charging for crazy charges and nothing to write home about their customer service, the funniest thing is that the account is now on negative balance, them go do atm for account wey I no use. God help them.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by gevans(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2016
visijo:
i thought liquid means water?? How come liquid is related to central bank? Just asking, ooops. I...
check ur dictionary, its ambiguous or equivocal
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by visijo(m): 12:13am On Jul 10, 2016
gevans:

check ur dictionary, its ambiguous or equivocal
,,. I still dont comprehend. Can you help me break it down to lay man term? Thanks.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by gevans(m): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2016
ojun50:
Give us loan for small scale business u people we Say no now yr oil thief war lord can't pay back there loan.

My fellow NL don't put to much money in d bank or if u are into fix deposit think of wht to do with the money. Nine banks are under cbn watch.

Pls name them
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by DucheSsMerezz(f): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2016
undecided
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 10, 2016
Pavarottii:
Before buhari go kill us. Na em go die ooo... we no go die. This is cause because of 2 major things. Forex scarcity- Manufacturer, business men, oil guys can't get dollars, so they r owing these banks. And TSA-Government took out the money that these banks are using to cushion themselves and do business.

Good riddance.
okay sir, but I have a question, if the TSA funds hadn't been moved out, would you have known those banks are weak and under performing?

1 Like

Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by ideylaff: 7:58am On Jul 10, 2016
234GT:
CBN should just learn to manage information properly so there won't be panic withdrawal. This is what actually kills banks.
d

This kind of information needs to be properly worded if at all it's going to get into the public domain.

At this level the right words need to be used and not general panic button statements like we are monitoring more
Banks.

"The Director, Banking Supervision, CBN, Mrs. Tokunbo Martins, said “one or two” commercial banks had failed liquidity tests but they were not in the same situation as Skye."

If a whole CBN director cannot be cautious with words then we are in a mess

Just that line alone can erode market shares and values of any bank
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Pavarottii(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
okay sir, but I have a question, if the TSA funds hadn't been moved out, would you have known those banks are weak and under performing?
Nah, u don't still don't understand, wen TSA was initiated in. 2014, it has a 3years period to allow the banks balance. And it was going to be implemented stages by stages. Go and read about the initiative by GEJ very well. U don't rush such things.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Reference(m): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2016
kaorama:
Pls, CBN, give us sign when u are ready to take action

How can they. Why should they. So that you people can crash the system. Its a good heads-up but must be managed with wisdom to provide just enough correct information to cut off rumours and speculation but not too much to avoid panic. And be as positive as a Pentencostal Pastor.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by gevans(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2016
visijo:
,,. I still dont comprehend. Can you help me break it down to lay man term? Thanks.

liquidity

pronunciation
- (IPA): /lɪkˈwɪdəti/

noun
- (finance) The degree of which something is in high supply and demand, making it easily convertible to cash
My Picasso painting is not very liquid, it would take me months to sell it. Gold on the other hand is convertible to cash at any moment, making it a very liquid commodity.

- (uncountable) The state or property of being liquid.
- (economics) An asset's property of being able to be sold without affecting its value; the degree to which it can be easily converted into cash.
Some stocks are traded so rarely that they lack liquidity.

- (finance) Availability of cash over short term: ability to service short-term debt.

translations (finance: availability of cash over short term)
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
Reference:

How can they. Why should they. So that you people can crash the system. Its a good heads-up but must be managed with wisdom to provide just enough correct information to cut off rumours and speculation but not too much to avoid panic. And be as positive as a Pentencostal Pastor.

Receive sense. Infact, u need AdSense.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by visijo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
gevans:

liquidity

pronunciation
- (IPA): /lɪkˈwɪdəti/

noun
- (finance) The degree of which something is in high supply and demand, making it easily convertible to cash
My Picasso painting is not very liquid, it would take me months to sell it. Gold on the other hand is convertible to cash at any moment, making it a very liquid commodity.

- (uncountable) The state or property of being liquid.
- (economics) An asset's property of being able to be sold without affecting its value; the degree to which it can be easily converted into cash.
Some stocks are traded so rarely that they lack liquidity.

- (finance) Availability of cash over short term: ability to service short-term debt.

translations (finance: availability of cash over short term)
Thanks ooo. I understood now.
Re: Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks by betaessays: 10:15am On Mar 14, 2017
ways to manage bank liquidity includes all of the following listed in the link below:
http://articlesng.com/bank-liquidity-strategies-managing-bank-liquidity/

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Information On Oil And Gas Business(provide Me With Infoand Get Paid). / Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / NNPC Pays N85bn Into Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.