Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear (476 Views)

Christ Jesus Is The Only Way To God. Don't Get It Twisted, Religion Won't Help / Christian Who Want To Get To Heaven Don't get Involve In Politics - Kumuyi / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear by RonnyG(f): 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I just remembered...

Some years ago, I stumbled on a "Christian" magazine. "Christian" in quotes because that's what it was disguised as. In the magazine, a woman narrated that she had worked for the devil before she got saved. She then began to mention some things that they use in the devil's kingdom- earrings, trousers, weavon attachments, make up etc. And that if you used these things, you were using what belongs to the devil

Shuoooo?.... I was so scared of going to hell or using what they use in the devil's kingdom so I decided to stop using earrings. I gave up my trousers. I didn't use any make-up any longer. I remember that period was close to my cousin's wedding and when I was supposed to plait a good hairstyle and look all

"fine", I told the hairdresser I wanted to make "Bob marley" with wool (you know Owu now).

I can't remember at what point I got back to wearing earrings back or trousers or using make-up but I surely cannot forget the pain I put myself through carrying my Owu bobmarley upandan.

Chai! It was too heavy. Tiri gbosa for all those who use wool to make their hair. Una dey try o! I remember people asking me why I used wool instead of attachment and I kept saying I just wanted to try out something new.

Something new kor... Well, I know I regretted making that hairstyle and I determined not to use it again. That was the first and last time.

All in all, I can never forget how much fear that magazine put into me. All because I was simply ignorant of what God was saying through His Word. Truly, if a message puts fear in you, it is not of God. God doesn't put fear in us. If a preaching puts you in bondage, it is not of God because the Spirit we have received is one of freedom.

I don't want to go into that is-trousers-a-sin or are-earrings-good-or-not argument. That's not why I have posted this. But please, seek to understand what God's Word is saying about everything just so you don't put yourself under unnecessary bondage.

P.S: I have not written this to condemn my fellow sisters in Christ who don't wear earrings or trousers or make-up. I see absolutely nothing wrong with your way of life too just as I see nothing wrong in using these things.

‪#‎ CalledToBeFree‬
‪#‎ OrifunkeLawal

1 Like

Re: Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear by DucheSsMerezz(f): 2:58am On Jul 10, 2016
Nice.
Re: Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear by hopefulLandlord: 6:27am On Jul 10, 2016
It is about fear

Remove hell and heaven from the Bible and see members number plummet

Check their comments on Nairaland and its all "accept Jesus or burn in hell"
Re: Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear by ireneony(f): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Most churches in Nigeria preach about fear rather than the truth.
Re: Don't Get It Twisted, Christianity Isn't Fear by honourhim: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
It is about fear

Remove hell and heaven from the Bible and see members number plummet

Check their comments on Nairaland and its all "accept Jesus or burn in hell"

Not even heaven and hell, remove only hell and the number will plummet. I believe many are serving God because of the fear of hell.

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Suratul Khaf (the Friday Regular Chapter) / Marriage And Voodoo / Video: Mikel Obi Is A Failure, He Can No Longer Perform - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.