Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? (2456 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Help!! Are They Real / Please Help! Are They Scammers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by tessybrown(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
First of all forgive my Errors and my typing English
written

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It all started early this Year!!!
When I lost my Work I.D card
I was supposed to request for another one
But it have to undergo some process and terms
And the I.D card money will be deducted from my salary.
So a friend of mine took me to a place where I did the I.D, for just a token of amount....
Well it was successful after then, and I was using it to work, not till there asked some of us that is using ACessBank to come and fill form for the New ZenthBank there want to open for Us being Company Account.... So I requested for the form and after filling it there ask me to bring out my I.D card so there could photocopy it and attach it to the form I filled,
That was when there knew that the I.D card was fake, there started questioning me. Telling me that if their boss know about what I did, that I even forge their boss signature attaching to the I.D Card, that alone might land me into Jail.... So there requested for Affidavit of the I.D card and also a police report
Have not done the police nd the affidavit tho, am thinking their boss might have known about it...
PLEASE WHAT DO U GUYS THINK I NEED ADVICE. THANKS
@Lala is up to you
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Kayoski(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
jail u kee!!

na sack dem go dash u

abeg make una dash me likes , my birthday comes up 396 days from today..

Lalasticlala pls do the needful...

FTC

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Chessco(m): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
I don't think making an i.d card bearing your boss signature automatically means you forged his signature after all the signature could easily be adapted from any official paper signed by your boss.

Unless the scenario is different from what am thinking.

Am not supporting you not following due process though.

I also lost mine about a month after it was issued to me, although I have reported to my immediate boss but am yet to make an official mail regarding that for superior authority to take appropriate action.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Manspeaks(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
tessybrown:
written

So a friend of mine took me to a place where I did the I.D, for just a token of amount....
Well it was successful after then, and I was using it to work, not till there asked some of us that is using ACessBank to come and fill form for the New ZenthBank there want to open for Us being Company Account.... So I requested for the form and after filling it there ask me to bring out my I.D card so there could photocopy it and attach it to the form I filled,
That was when there knew that the I.D card was fake, there started questioning me. Telling me that if their boss know about what I did, that I even forge their boss signature attaching to the I.D Card, that alone might land me into Jail.... So there requested for Affidavit of the I.D card and also a police report
Have not done the police nd the affidavit tho, am thinking their boss might have known about it...
@Lala is up to you

Please don't panic. However, "They" and "There" are two different words. Please learn how to use them. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by 0955eb027(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
Do the needful before the matter escalates. Leave jail matter, e no follow.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Richy4(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just minor things but people will always cut corners....This mentality should really stop...
I am not even sure u reported the missing card to the security or human resources in your place of work.. What if that missing card were seen or found on a crime scene, how would u get your self out of it? The authority will ask who you informed...

Beside, If you can forge a signature of your boss, how are we sure the customers accounts are safe...? You are working in a sensitive environment yet u take things for granted...

You will not go to jail but you will resign honorably. But if u are pardoned, pls stop playing rough games...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
They have finally succeeded!!!
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
Get ready. You're going to jail!!!!

Please check my signature
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by omogidi234(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
I will align with @Richy4. We condemn Metuh, FFK, but we forget that making fake ID card or Number Plate like someone said last week, is also criminal. I am not saying we should commend them but while condemning them, we should also purge ourselves.

Anyway, affidavit is 1k while police report is 2k around Ikeja, Lagos plus the ID card sum which I doubt is up to 10k. These are not so much sum (even if it is much) for you to put yourself into this kind of trouble.

I suggest you resign as advised by earlier Nlders. If the boss discovers, they could hand you over to the police otherwise, depending on your office setting, you could be blackmailed by the staff member that is aware also.

All the best.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by theresaese(f): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
tessybrown:
written

@Lala is up to you

First of all edit that company's name am. Seeing,na now u wan put ursef for wahala.
So back to d issue,what they told you to do now is what you shld hv done wen u lost your I'd
They are not telling anyone
Do as does guys have said
Go to d police and file a report
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
theresaese:

First of all edit that company's name am. Seeing,na now u wan put ursef for wahala.

Where is the company's name in op's write-up? Can't seem to find any.

I won't advise Op to resign yet, the worst that can happen to you is an outright sack anyways, so why not ride your luck and hope things don't turn out as bad. Since your intent for getting a fake card was not for fraudulent purpose, they can't hang any rope on your neck, meaning you won't be jailed.
I would advise you pally with the guys that found you out, explain yourself to them well enough, beg them not to report you to their Boss and promise never to make such grave mistake again. Cite ignorance as the reason for your mistake, apologize and hope things turn out good. If you resign now, where you wan take get another job? Job no dey outside o
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by davepepple83(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
I guess you are a contract staff.I don't think those guys will reveal this issue to your boss unless they are beefing you and the only condition for them to conceal the mess is if you refuse to coperate as instructed.However,run!!! And get the required document fast. They also understand the current situation of the country.Nobody will sack or jail you and stop being terrified.Just do the needful as required.God bless you bro.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by davspog2(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
We always take things for granted in this country! You won't go to jail but i doubt if you would still be needing that Zenith bank account.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Aremu01(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
It won't have cost you anything to follow due process to get ur lost id
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Chocho4real(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
You've gotten a nice response from all, follow a due process asap and what ever comes out of it, just accept it. Things are not just done any how in standard organizations, I hope this doesn't cost you your job bro.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Y'all want saraki and ekweremadu jailed cos they are been tried for forgery and/or editing certain documents.
Y'all call for buhari's head cos y'all believe he forged his certificate

But you are looking for a soft landing now that you are caught in the act of forgery.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Slimflame(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nah jail straight o...kirikiri
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Richie444: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
That write up resonates everything 'Falz'.. Literally... Badt guy....
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Y'all want saraki and ekweremadu jailed cos they are been tried for forgery and/or editing certain documents.
Y'all call for buhari's head cos y'all believe he forged his certificate

But you are looking for a soft landing now that you are caught in the act of forgery.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

In law, the first think they check is intent. The difference between murder, manslaughter and self-defence is the intent, the same way the different between OP's case and that of Saraki and Ekweremadu is the intent. While one was done for fraudulent purpose and to deceive, the other wasn't.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

In law, the first think they check is intent. The difference between murder, manslaughter and self-defence is the intent, the same way the different between OP's case and that of Saraki and Ekweremadu is the intent. While one was done for fraudulent purpose and to deceive, the other wasn't.
What?!

He admitted he made a fake ID cos he didn't want his salary deducted... That's fraud (evasion of levy)

He took same ID to make open an account knowing it's a fake... That's fraud (possession of forged document, intent to defraud the bank...)

While you may want to argue that he's a staff, and that he doesn't only want to go through protocol ; remember saraki is also a senate member, he only didn't want to go through protocol to be elected.
They both took shortcuts and commited a crime!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by omogidi234(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Work ID card usually carries CEO or Head of HR signatures, it means such signatures were forged in the present case.

Section 465 of the Criminal Code LFN 1990 Cap 77 defines forgery as
follows:

“A person who makes a false document or writing knowing its
to be false, and with intent that it may in any way be used or acted upon as genuine,
whether in the state or otherwise, to the prejudice of any person, or with
intent that any person may, in the belief that it is genuine, be induced to do
or refrain from doing any act, whether in thestate or elsewhere, is said to
forge the document in writing".

The intent was to represent the ID card as that of the company.
There is no difference between this case and the National Assembly forgery.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by hardbody: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
tessybrown:
written

@Lala is up to you

How can you be this dumb and criminally minded. You could be sacked and arrested for forgery and impersonation. How much would they deduct from your salary?

Assume you want to swear to an affidavit what would you be saying, that you lost your id and then forged another? Any thing short of that is perjury another crime entirely,

Right now you are fvcked. Your best bet is to now declare the loss properly and go through the proper channel of affidavit of loss and police report. Let your company deduct what they will and you start on a clean slate.

Quit being dumb and criminally minded.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Toluwani2(f): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=Richy4 post=47397840]Just minor things but people will always cut corners....This mentality should really stop...
I am not even sure u reported the missing card to the security or human resources in your place of work.. What if that missing card were seen or found on a crime scene, how would u get your self out of it? The authority will ask who you informed...

Beside, If you can forge a signature of your boss, how are we sure the customers accounts are safe...? You are working in a sensitive environment yet u take things for granted...

You will not go to jail but you will resign honorably. But if u are pardoned, pls stop playing rough games...[/quote
Gbam true talk
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by onismate: 5:34am On Jul 11, 2016
I am hoping that EFCC won't bring you out on channels, AIT and other TV stations that you are part of the people that helped Forge Sasaki and ekwerenmadu's into their position
Re: Help!!! Help!!! Are There Going To Jail Me???? by Bamilajunior(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Manspeaks:

Please don't panic. However, "They" and "There" are two different words. Please learn how to use them. Thank you.

Someone is talking about being scared of going to jail, you're talking about "they and there". Person wey dey hungry dey know the difference between Garri Ijebu and Garri Eko?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed!!! / Please Who Knows Anything About This Company / Current Recruitment In A Renowned Oil And Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.