Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 (719 Views)

Poll: Who Wins this match?

Liverpool: 66% (4 votes)
Burnley: 16% (1 vote)
Draw: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Liverpool (4 - 1) On 4th April 2015 / Manchester United Vs Burnley (3 - 1) On 11th February 2015 / Arsenal Vs Burnley (3 - 0) On 1st November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by mukina2: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
Vs

Rafael Benitez will be hoping Liverpool can find some form of consistency as they welcome Burnley to Anfield on Saturday.Liverpool have started the season with two wins and two losses from their first four games and will be relatively discouraged by the way the season has started.
After an opening day loss away against Tottenham, Liverpool came back to Anfield to bang four past Stoke in an emphatic display. It would have appeared that the Reds were on their way to finding their form, though a strange loss against Aston Villa at Anfield only five days later left a host of question marks surrounding the squad.Their most recent match against Bolton saw them capture another three points, but was far from the typical performance the world has come to recognise Liverpool by.
Ryan Babel has publicly stated his desire to leave the club in recent weeks stating that he feels Benitez has cheated him of the opportunity to play first team football. However, given Babel’s run of poor performances, it would be tough to consider him for a first team selection.
In response, Benitez has opened the door for Babel to prove himself worthy of more playing time, and with Burnley, a club Liverpool are expected to beat, Babel may get his chance.
Steven Gerrard enters the match after a fine performance and two goals for England, while Fabio Aurelio will hope to be fit enough for consideration.

Owen Coyle will be quite pleased knowing that Burnley have been able to take six points from the first four games, especially considering the teams his men have been paired up against.
Burnley shocked Manchester United in week two with a 1-0 victory only to repeat the feat against Everton half a week later.Their most recent match, however, was a slaughter, as they fell 3-0 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. The scoreline was quite generous, as Chelsea dominated from start to stop and could easily have found three more goals. Travelling to Anfield will hardly be an easier task for Burnley.
David Nugent has signed on a six month loan deal from Portsmouth and should give Coyle more options coming forward.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
We'll hit them HARD this weekend to celebrate England's WC qualification & Nigeria's flop.

[center]Final Score

The Mighty Reds 4:0 Burnley[/center]

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
illusion2:

We'll hit them HARD this weekend to celebrate England's WC qualification & Nigeria's flop.

[center]Final Score

Illusion2 aka Mr Joseph Dreamer
You aren't Chelsea F.C
Instead of posting your dreams go on your knees and pray for a draw.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
dason4life:

Illusion2 aka Mr Joseph Dreamer
You aren't Chelsea F.C
Instead of posting your dreams go on your knees and pray for a draw.
I laugh in kanuri grin grin grin grin grin

For your info Burnley beat Chelsea last season, so no I don't want to be Chelsea at ths point in time

Come join the winning team

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE wink
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
what does did remind of of?
Let me help you, from the days of Noah,
Liverpool has being defeated by Burnley
and will continue to until the day Brazil will
defeat Mexico
I bet you, a repeat will happen

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
truth is bitter my brother
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by bgees(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
this may be a hard one.but Burnley will get it even if they pack the bus considering the form Stevie G played the Croatia match.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
bgees:

this may be a hard one.but Burnley will get it even if they pack the bus considering the form Stevie G played the Croatia match.

true bro,true
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by bydot1(m): 3:04am On Sep 11, 2009
l'pool all d way
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2009
illusion2:

[center]Final Score

Where are the naysayers now ? Am i good or what ? smiley smiley

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by dipo2much(m): 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2009
Alas Burnley get cut to size!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by tocdee(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2009
Yossi Benayoun is simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should be a first team regular, move gerrard back to the mid-field from time to time with Aquilani as back-up, Mascherano or Lucas as DM, Riera on the left and Babel on the bench (or at Ajax) and we'll be just fine!

YNWA
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2009
tocdee:

Yossi Benayoun is simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should be a first team regular, move gerrard back to the mid-field from time to time with Aquilani as back-up, Mascherano or Lucas as DM, Riera on the left and Babel on the bench (or at Ajax) and we'll be just fine!

YNWA
Captain fantastic is exactly where he's supposed to be . . . . we play 4-5-1 like the french ,i analysed it here
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 12:11am On Sep 14, 2009
kiss Liverpoool!!!

grin cool
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by RuuDie(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

I kiss Liverpoool!!!

grin cool

Ha ha. . . . thats all u got to say!?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
^^^Ok. I'm glad they're making things happen----sooo underrated. So full of potential.
And BTW, I kiss Gerrard, too wink!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

kiss Liverpoool!!!

grin cool

maedan:

^^^Ok. I'm glad they're making things happen----sooo underrated. So full of potential.
And BTW, I kiss Gerrard, too wink!
Sure? Dats good to know . . . . coming from the 'coolest babe' on NL  kiss kiss kiss

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE  kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
Back at cha wink kiss wink. I'm cool, so's Liver[i]pool[/i]!! Nuff Respeck!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Back at cha wink kiss wink. I'm cool, so's Liver[i]pool[/i]!! Nuff Respeck!
wink. . . . tho' you haven't made your mark yet on our thread ,can't help but say this . . . . . . . your rhymes & limerick talent makes me lipsrsealed

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
Awww embarassed - shame about that. The rhymes are an acquired taste, so I'm not too offended cheesy----Nywyz, I'll be clocking in on the Liverpool thread soon - ! But you know u men and ur football----
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

Awww embarassed - shame about that. The rhymes are an acquired taste, so I'm not too offended cheesy----Nywyz, I'll be clocking in on the Liverpool thread soon - ! But you know u men and your football----
I beg no offend o ! the lipsrsealed starts with H & ends with shocked too naughty for your lovely eyes. . . . . . . anyways c u there princess cheesy

belive me no insults going on there ,u know almost all nigerians are either Goners,MANURE or Russians grin. . . . . . only genuine fans on our thread. . .
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
"Genuine"---I like the sound of that! I've been a[i] real[/i] Liverpool fan for years!! Got the jersey n all. And as for that thread----you say no insults, but are you sure there are any "girls aloud" grin grin?? Maybe I better be seen, not heard--- wink?!? grin
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

"Genuine"---I like the sound of that! I've been a[i] real[/i] Liverpool fan for years!! Got the jersey n all. And as for that thread----you say no insults, but are you sure there are any "girls aloud" grin grin?? Maybe I better be seen, not heard--- wink?!? grin
Cool. .  .no such thing. As may be well aware all these other fan threads are just full of opportunists,who waste no time insulting,swearing etc. . . . . .we are gentlemen & you can actually count the number of genuine Red fans on NL,so no probs. . . .and of course. . . I'll be there to protect you  smiley
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by maedan(f): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
That's good to know. Thanks wink!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
maedan:

That's good to know. Thanks wink!
Most welcome ma'm wink
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by tocdee(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
Er, isn't this where Illusion and Maedan exchange phone numbers? wink wink wink kiss

Anyway he's right, Liverpool fans are the coolest around, we've also got some ladies there too. And one more thing, we have very few plastic fans!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by bgees(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
where are those Lucas' haterz? I swear if anyone disses the guy again. i will e-shoot that person. i get e-gun and it works.

on a serious note, Lucas did well on saturday, hopefully he can continue like that and we can keep beating the 'small teams easily like we did Stoke and now  Burnley. if we continue like this, then i say we have improved.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by tocdee(m): 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
bgees:

where are those Lucas' haterz? I swear if anyone disses the guy again. i will e-shoot that person. i get e-gun and it works.

on a serious note, Lucas did well on saturday, hopefully he can continue like that and we can keep beating the 'small teams easily like we did Stoke and now  Burnley. if we continue like this, then i say we have improved.

True.

Most people who senselessly slate Lucas only watch highlights of Liverpool matches. The lad has improved THOUGH I'd have him as back-up to Masch or Aquilani in most matches. He's a true proffesional.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
tocdee:

Er, isn't this where Illusion and Maedan exchange phone numbers? wink wink wink kiss
Naaaah !,everyone knows my YIM tho'  cheesy

tocdee:

True.

Most people who senselessly slate Lucas only watch highlights of Liverpool matches. The lad has improved THOUGH I'd have him as back-up to Masch or Aquilani in most matches. He's a true proffesional.
Well said bro(s),my only concern has always been the depth of our bench,cos pursuing 4 titles ain't easy. . .at least 40 games per player (excluding internationals). . .  .so having a deep bench is reall important.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by tocdee(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2009
illusion2:

my only concern has always been the depth of our bench,cos pursuing 4 titles ain't easy. . .at least 40 games per player (excluding internationals). . .  .so having a deep bench is reall important.

I'm sure Rafa will strengthen with a player or two in January. However a bench of:

Cavalieri
Agger
Insua
Dossena
Lucas
Riera
Babel

isn't too shady
also,

Degen, Kelly, Spearing, Voronin, Ngog, Kyrgiakos, El Zhar aren't that bad for certain Cup games. I only feel we should let Babel go.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Burnley (0) On Saturday September 12, 2009 by illusion2: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2009
tocdee:

I'm sure Rafa will strengthen with a player or two in January. However a bench of:

Cavalieri
Agger
Insua
Dossena
Lucas
Riera
Babel
isn't too shady
also, Degen, Kelly, Spearing, Voronin, Ngog, Kyrgiakos, El Zhar aren't that bad for certain Cup games. I only feel we should let Babel go.
Yes babel has been a huge,huge disappointment started well tho'. . . . . Keane should have stayed instead, , . .

(1) (Reply)

How Many Times Has All The 20 Teams In The Premiership Scored In A Particular Ro / Play Stimulated Reality League In Merrybet Site / Chelsea V.man Utd- Fans'll Quit Man U On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.