Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

What Materrazzi Said To Zidane During 2006 Worldcup Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Materrazzi Said To Zidane During 2006 Worldcup Final (531 Views)

These 4 Players Have Decided To Leave Real Madrid Due To Zidane's Exit. / Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup / After 10years Materazzi Reveals What He Said To Zidane In 2006 - Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Materrazzi Said To Zidane During 2006 Worldcup Final by timpaul664(m): 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Marco Materazzi has revealed what he said to Zinedine Zidane in the 2006 World Cup final on the 10th anniversary of the infamous head-butt.
Materazzi and Italy went on to win the decider 5-3 in a penalty shoot-out after France captain Zidane was sent off in extra time, in what was the last act of his professional playing career.
The now Real Madrid coach turned around and head-butted Materazzi after the Italian defender provoked him with inflammatory words.
Media reports suggested Materazzi had insulted Zidane's mother, but the 42-year-old insists that was not the case.
"What I said was stupid," Materazzi said. "But it didn't deserve that reaction.
"You would hear stronger words said on the streets of Naples, or Milan, or Paris, much more serious things.
"My mother died when I was 15, so I would never have insulted his.
"I spoke about his sister."

Re: What Materrazzi Said To Zidane During 2006 Worldcup Final by nairalife2013(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
Spoke about his sister? Well, I believ professional footballers hav mind trainers. Yet some players trick other players by provocation into committing offences dat could sho dem d way out. Leaders esp should hav limitless self control. Dat zidane was always my hero play maker but he f--kd up bigtime dat day...I don't enjoy watching his game anymore for dat sake...d spirit just went dead since then. Don't know y. I naturaly hate leaders who lead wid loose tempers!
Re: What Materrazzi Said To Zidane During 2006 Worldcup Final by Juxtified(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
I supported Zidane's action, and still do. He's a naturally calm and friendly player and I knew for him to have done that, Materazzi must have said something very bad, like sexually related insults to his mother or girlfriend. It's just as bad that it turned out to be his sister.

Today Zidane is coach of the biggest football club in the world, with a Champions league trophy, where is Materazzi?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Fires Fenerbahce To Champions League Win / #rio2016: Nigeria Vs Honduras (preview, Time, Prediction) / Potential Excellent Line Up Vs Burnley: Fabregas Could Be Back In The Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.