Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story (718 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story by Appswheel(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
6:00pm Ojota Bus Terminal, Lagos Nigeria

Please excuse me, I sought permission from the lady in front of me on the Bus queue. A nylon containing groundnut had just fallen from my hands – I needed some space to pick it up. I was heading home from work and waiting to board a Rapid Transit Bus (BRT) at the Ojota bus terminal.

A bus arrived after about 10 minutes of waiting, I stepped on the bus and quickly scanned the seated passengers with a view to choosing who to sit next to. Over a year now, I have formed a habit of consciously choosing who to sit next to whenever I use the BRT bus.

I spotted a lady on the fifth row to my right, the side that gives passengers a clear view of the BRT television. She wore a lens with grey frame and was pressing a device that looked like an Iphone, her appearance gave her away as someone who may need my business development and ICT skills and possibly refer me to individuals who may need my services, with this assumption, I sat next to her.

After 3 minutes into the trip, I broke the silence, “Good evening”, she hesitantly took her eyes off her phone. I continued, “How was work today?” forcing a smile, she replied, “Work was good, thank you”. At this point, I realized she was the one standing in front of me on the queue, while we waited for the bus. My “interaction” with groundnut did not allow me take full notice of her appearance.

Her disposition came to me as friendly so I engaged her further, “About 7 years ago, I wouldn’t have picked the nylon containing the groundnut when it fell off my hands”. She was smiling now, I could tell I had gotten a gist mate who was interested in hearing me out. I continued, “Let me not bore you with the details”. “Please bore me” was her response, “I am interested in your gist”.

To be continued
Re: Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story by drippingink3: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2016
got my attention
Re: Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story by missuniverse(f): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
I love gist...
bring it on
Re: Conquest: A Faceoff With Shyness – A True Life Story by dollyptosh(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
BabT, pls come and continue your story.

(1) (Reply)

[fiction] Igadamigada: An NYSC Tale In Igbo Land {part 1} / Best World Readers Club / The Houseboy -- A Short Story By Tosan Tarre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.