Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigeria, Which Way Forward? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria, Which Way Forward? (358 Views)

Worldy Music: Compiled By Otem From Billions Of Years Forward / What's The Way Forward / Please I Need Help, Which Way Should I Follow? Am Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Which Way Forward? by tundechange: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Our dear country, Nigeria, is going geometrically into full economic recession, if not there already. Our previous leaders and public office holders seem to have failed us, even some of the present ones have also failed, others are failing gradually, only very few are making sense.

Our so called economists and economic policy makers are no where to be found because all their policies, theories, try-your-luck ideologies, intuitive recommendations have failed. Stagflation (inflation + unemployment) is drastically on the rise, cost of living is moving at 220km/ph while standard of living is falling immensely.
The margin between the proletariats and the bourgeoisies keeps going wider and wider. Our currency has no economic value as far as am concerned. Moral values, community and business ethics have disappeared. Corruption has always been a huge monster sitting graciously on our obodo Nigeria.

Our judicial systems do not have a definite turnaround time to conclude on various cases, they keep adjourning and adjourning. Justice delayed is justice denied! The issue of rape has become a way of life in the country. Fathers raping their very own daughters, chai!. Older men raping little little female children who have no form of sexual attraction, yet they say it's the handiwork of that foolish man called satan. So many "men of God" also indulge in rape, all sorts of rituals, committing adultery with female members of the church (both singles & married), chai, God is watching you on 3D. Our churches of nowadays are not left out. They have abandoned the preaching of the Kingdom Message, teaching us the real Christian values, spiritual growth & development, etc but rather they only preach messages that are pleasing to the hearing of the members, how to make money fast fast, conducting seminars on business matters, etc. God is not happy!

Our educational system is nothing to write home about as our quality of education has deteriorated massively. Insecurity issues are enormous, act of terrorism and vandalism have become norms, arm robbery and assassination are looking at us with their korokoro eyes. Our armed forces personnel are killing defenseless civilians, some mistakenly, some because of N50, some because their hand dey scratch dem.
Sicknesses and death of young chaps are heard of on daily basis. Government hospitals are not functioning optimally. The private ones are not affordable. Our poor citizens are dying of 'ordinary' malaria and typhoid. Hmnnn! Make Jehovah Rapha heal all the sick among us!

Let me stop here because if i say make i continue, una no say book go full. These are just the few among the issues we are facing as citizens and as a nation. What's the way forward as an individual, a family and as a country?

There's only one way forward, yes one way!
The only and sure way forward is to go back to the God of our faithful forefathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob, the God of Elijah & Enoch! It may sound funny but He's the only way forward and we must go to Him speedily through our Lord Jesus Christ because He's the way, truth & life. No one can go to the Father except through the Son.

As citizens and as a Nation, we must repent from our sinful ways and cry for forgiveness. We must have a genuine repentance and submit 'OUR ALL' to God. After which we should ask for His mercy. Our Father is a merciful God and He shows mercy unto whoever He wishes. Then we should commit the affairs of our lives and country into His Holy hands. He will surely guide our paths and leads us through the pathway He wants us to follow.

As citizens of this country, it is our duty to always pray to God to choose our leaders and public office holders for us. People whom God will use to take our country to the promise land. Not people who will embezzle billions of Naira for them to go and spend in the grave. Ignorants!

The fire in our churches must be revived. Preachings & teachings must be done according to the instruction of our Father, the Word Himself! No more ceremonial & pleasure driven services. Effective and truthful messages will help us as individuals, families, communities and most importantly as a Nation.

All citizens, irrespective of our religious jurisdictions, must always pray for the goodness of Nigeria - our own Jerusalem here on planet earth. Let's cultivate the habit of saying 'God bless Nigeria' on daily basis. Prayer is a very vital and powerful tool we must use in restoring our country, Nigeria. - The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I pray that the Almighty God who created the heaven and the earth will: restore our country into abundance and prosperity, make our economy grow & develop, remove all disloyal leaders, appoint faithful leaders, heal our land, make peace reign, heal the sick, destroy every stronghold of darkness, restore holiness & righteousness, make all of us to be in sync with Him and be empowered by His word.

I'm neither a pastor nor a columnist. I was inspired to write this article while i was sitting at the corner of my bedroom thinking of the way forward for myself, my family and our country at large.

#GodblessNigeria
#Nigeriawillbegreatagain
#Pray4Naija
#Change

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Ignore The Warnings (1) / There Is A Grand Plan To Wipe Out Christians — Can General Secretary / God Is Older Than That Challenge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.