Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children (20072 Views)

Photos From Bukky Ajayi Burial Ceremony In Lagos / Bukky Ajayi Celebrated Her 82nd Birthday 5 Months Ago (photos) / Bukky Ajayi Dies At 82 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by nairagossip: 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
How Bukky Ajayi battled breast cancer, cerebral malaria — Children

On Wednesday, July 6, Nollywood was thrown into mourning when the news filtered out that veteran actress and broadcaster, Ma Bukky Ajayi has passed on. It was a rude shock but not one too difficult to understand given that the legendary thespian has been battling ill-health for sometime. What will however be difficult to appreciate is the vacuum she has left behind. Because, she was undeniably one of the best and greatest talents to have ever graced the Nigerian creative arts screen.

As a Muslim, she was buried the same day she died. In fact one of our neighbours confided in Potpourri that she gave the instruction that she should be buried same day she dies. But she wasn’t born a Muslim, she converted to Islam in 1965 and adopted the name ‘Zainab’.

Since the news of her death broke, there have been nothing but ovation for the late actress. Actors Guild of Nigeria declared two-day mourning, just as her colleagues, friends, neighbours and well-wishers are full of praises for her.

How she died: Her last moments

According to Claudius Akinwade Peter-Thomas, a musician and second son of the late icon, “There aren’t enough words to quantify Mama. She was an independent woman who shouldered the responsibility of raising three lions (sons) without raising her brows. I see her as a lioness. She was also able to combine and manage her situation (single motherhood) and her career. She was a good planner.

To that effect, my elder brother is nine years older than me, and I am 11 years older than my younger brother. A good planner she was. Despite being in the public glare, she ensured her private life remained private. Many of my friends didn’t know I was the daughter of the popular actress. This is not because she wasn’t proud of her children, but because she was able to draw the line between her career and her family. People relate with me as Raz CPT and not the daughter of a celebrity, so to say. Mummy has been struggling with her health, she had cancer of the breast, diabetic and was also hypertensive.”

Kunle Fawole, popularly known as Abounce and the last child of the family spoke about her last moments.

“I and mama were in the living room with some of my friends when I noticed that her heart wasn’t moving, I mean like she stopped breathing. Immediately, I checked her pulse and called my elder brothers. We felt her pulse and heartbeat, did everything possible. But alas, she has passed on. And that was at about 11:23 am on Wednesday. She was a bit ill before this happened. She had been ill for a number of years now. She had stroke some couple of years back. There was a time she also had cerebral malaria. She became diabetic, hypertensive and also suffered breast cancer before now”, he explained mournfully.

Mr Alfred Oluwole Shoga was Bukky Ajayi’s first son, a 60-year old man said they were shocked but thankful they are alive to bury her and not her witnessing their deaths. “At 60, my mother still gives me money each time I visit her and I will say, `Mum I’m suppose to give you money’ and she will say I should use it for transportation” he said, speaking as if she were still alive.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/bukky-ajayi-battled-breast-cancer-cerebral-malaria-children/

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by nairagossip: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
May her soul continue to rest in peace!

See photos for Late Bukky Ajayi's Burial here: http://www.042express.com/2016/07/burial-photos-of-late-nollywood-actress-bukky-ajayi.html

1 Like

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by femolacqua(m): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
RIP
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by goldbim(f): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wow!!I can imagine the pains of battling for survival..she has gone to rest..may God grant her eternal peace...(amen).

9 Likes

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by ammyluv2002(f): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wow! Way too much for one person sad sad RIP ma

4 Likes

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by nairagossip: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Wow! Way too much for one person sad sad RIP ma

as in eh
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
dats too much for her
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Damn Naija is so f. ucked up that a 60 year old still collects handouts from mama.
She obviously saw you needed it thats why she gives.
R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by DollyParton1(f): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
sexybaby22:
Damn Naija is so f. ucked up that a 60 year old still collects handouts from mama.
R.I.P
Some parents just can't stop doing that, no matter how grown up or how rich the child is. It's not a matter of whether their child needs it or not, they just derive joy in it.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by nairagossip: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2016
cry
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Raymondville(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2016
oh boiii...Three critical illness and she still live a long life..

Do you have fibroid and its attendant complications, Is fibroid preventing you from concieving, check www.naturehealthoptions/fertfib.html for natural solutions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by CACAWA(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2016
[size=18pt]at least she lived long, can the children drop the topic, we have important issues in Nigeria to worry about pls.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by milky3(f): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2016
God rest her soul
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by superdanny10: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2016
May God bless her soul.
Amen. cry

1 Like

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by AntiWailer: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2016
sexybaby22:
R.I.P

Yes i agree with you.

at 60 years when you are to give her.
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Goddygee(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2016
oluwa o shocked. only 1 person...
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by kestolove95(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2016
Wise woman...she don't want to b freeze like ice fish..i wish xtians wil learn from her xpecially d igbos...why put sumbody in freezer(mortuary) for months pls?..even fishes don't spend dat kind tym

1 Like

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by HDee(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2016

Will they let this woman rest in peace?

angry

1 Like

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by searchng4love: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2016
kestolove95:
Wise woman...she don't want to b freeze like ice fish..i wish xtians wil learn from her xpecially d igbos...why put sumbody in freezer(mortuary) for months pls?..even fishes don't spend dat kind tym
Regrettably she died out of Christ.... Sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Kennitrust(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2016
mod. is there no national news this morning?

celebrity them pay u this morning?
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by orlarbissy(f): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2016
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2016
Rip mama
only 1 person all dis sickness ,me i cant stand body pain
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Rest Easy Mrs. Bukky..

You lived a good life..
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2016
searchng4love:

Regrettably she died out of Christ.... Sad

Who Christ Epp? angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by searchng4love: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Who Christ Epp? >sad
I.

2 Likes

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by roiseadas(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2016
Raymondville:
oh boiii...Three critical illness and she still live a long life

That's the definition of grace
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2016
She was an example, a good one whom our present female celebrities can emulate. She never dressed unclad, didn't bleach, no breast enlargement yet she could raise three LIONS as a single mother.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Bern1992(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2016
All these for one person

Abi na she carry devil come this world
grin grin grin
Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by Pavore9: 10:10am On Jul 11, 2016
“At 60, my mother still gives me money each time I visit her and I will say, `Mum I’m suppose to give you money’ and she will say I should use it for transportation” he said, speaking as if she were still alive...We will always be our mothers' babies. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Late Bukky Ajayi Had Cancer Of The Breast,diabetes & Was Hypertensive - Children by labamo07(m): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt]at least she lived long, can the children drop the topic, we have important issues in Nigeria to worry about pls.[/size]
And how is that your business? why not face what's important to you and scram outta the thread. ...............

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 X.XX Nigerian Whatsapp Group That Has Gone Extremely Viral - Full Admin List / Future Confirms Collaboration With Wizkid (video) / Seun Egbegbe To Remain In Prison As Police Officer Fails To Swear Affidavit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.