Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit (819 Views)

Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Landlords In Rivers State Controlling Floods By Digging Trench (Photos) / Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2016
The outrageous characters some Nigerian landlords display can make Caliban, the evil monster, to appear a saint! grin Old Nick, the devil, would be so shocked and embarrassed that there are still people who are more mischievous than him! cool

1) Exhorbitant fees: In these present times when many Nigerians are facing serious economic/financial hardship, some landlords would still ask you to pay up to 150,000 Naira for caution and agreement fee!!! The rentage is not even included oh! When dem add rent join am, how man pikin go take survive nah?

2) Drink money: After paying the caution and agreement fees, some landlords would still ask you to drop money for drinks. If you hear the amount! Sometimes, 30k to 40k! Just for drink? One greedy landlord even asked a client to drop 20k for groundnuts!!! I almost thought there would be a get-together party for all the kids in the neighbourhood with such amount of money for groundnuts! Una go kill person!

3) Collecting 2 years rent with nothing less: Nigerian landlords, abeg make una take am easy! The rate at which the rent fee for flats and mini flats in many Nigerian cities is increasing can throw an underemployed fellow off balance! At least, one year rent is okay, considering the fact that house rent is costly these days. Deh nor dey carry house take travel oh! angry

4) Charging outrageous fees for old buildings: How can you ask a prospective tenant to pay 650k for a 3 bedroom flat in a house that was built in 1993? Without modern facilities!!! Search your soul; e good for your eyes? I advised him to bring it down because I would not manage such property!

5) Turning the entire compound to your personal garage: Some landlords would not allow their tenants to enjoy the slightest level of convenience in a flat they paid through their nose to obtain. You can't park your car inside the building because the landlord's 7 cars have occupied all the available spaces where tenants can park! Depending on the area you stay, by the time you decide to be parking outside, small small children go use your motor body take do slate, notebook and blackboard! grin

6) Unnecessary rules: Don't allow your sound system to go beyond 10 decibels! grin Don't come back later than 8pm (what if the tenant is a banker? ). My landlady in Ilorin told me that she wouldn't want to see a female visiting me wearing trousers! See problem! For this modern world?

We know it's not an easy task to build a standard house in most Nigerian cities but the way some landlords act, would even make their tenants prefer a peaceful cell in Kirikiri Maximum to the flats they rented with their hard earned money cool

You can share your experience! cheesy
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by MrRichy(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2016
some landlords even "eye" their neighbours wives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2016
MrRichy:
some landlords even "eye" their neighbours wives
...and if the wife complies, their rent is forgotten! wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by MrRichy(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
...and if the wife complies, their rent is forgotten! wink

grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Raph01: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2016
grin grin
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2016
Raph01:
grin grin
There is an appropriate place created for advert! Must you display ur advert on every thread u see?
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Barney11: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2016
nonsense,itz only when you dont know ur right or ur staying with an illitrate old landlord who manages the property himself,my wife's bestie is our tenant wife.can you toy with your revenue?tenants are even hard to get now and by the way is the said house by force?
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Raph01: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
There is an appropriate place created for advert! Must you display ur advert on every thread u see?
and did I advertise anythang here?? Y una always like 2 find attention like this... u jes here dey talk nonse*se
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2016
Raph01:
and did I advertise anythang here?? Y una always like 2 find attention like this... u jes here dey talk nonse*se
Ok. Bye. You can now take your leave cool
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Raph01: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
Ok. Bye. You can now take your leave cool
sorry is ur name
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2016
Lawyer, where are you?
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by AngelAhnie(f): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2016
No 4 is annoying
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
AngelAhnie:
No 4 is annoying
I know you must have experienced something similar grin grin
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by AngelAhnie(f): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
I know you must have experienced something similar grin grin
The price of old houses should be less, I live in a new house not a house built in the 60s with high price.
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
AngelAhnie:
The price of old houses should be less, I live in a new house not a house built in the 60s with high price.
Are you sure? Nor be 1922 house u dey stay? Na joke I dey oh! tongue
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by AngelAhnie(f): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
Are you sure? Nor be 1922 house u dey stay? Na joke I dey oh! tongue
See your tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
AngelAhnie:
See your tongue cheesy
I sent u a mail but u did not reply. Why? Send me a mail to kelvinbanks442@gmail.com
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by AngelAhnie(f): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
I sent u a mail but u did not reply. Why? Send me a mail to
I didn't see it...sorry about that cheesy
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by AngelAhnie(f): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
Rapmoney:
Lawyer, where are you?
Donetongue
Re: 6 Outrageous Characters Some Nigerian Landlords Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Barney11:
nonsense,itz only when you dont know ur right or ur staying with an illitrate old landlord who manages the property himself,my wife's bestie is our tenant wife.can you toy with your revenue?tenants are even hard to get now and by the way is the said house by force?
Here, I'm telling you how some landlords in our cities act.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Haven Gardens at Agbowa Ikorodu For N750,000 / Room Selfcontain For Sale At LSPDC Estate, Isolo / Lekki Crystal Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.