Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

4 Tips To Reinvent Your Career - Steve Harvey - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Tips To Reinvent Your Career - Steve Harvey (325 Views)

` / 4 Tips For Growing Your Fashion Designing Career On A Lean Budget. / 4 Tips To Reinvent Your Career - Steve Harvey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Tips To Reinvent Your Career - Steve Harvey by Dexnova: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2016
Steve Harvey was a successful stand-up comedian and actor known for his Kings of Comedy Tour plus TV and movie roles, but he wasn’t satisfied with his career. To gain an even bigger platform, Harvey determined he had to “retire” his beloved stand-up. Harvey told me he calls this “the hardest decision I’ve ever made.”

And he says you may need to do something similar to reinvent your career.

After quitting stand-up at 55, Harvey launched his hit daytime TV talk show (The Steve Harvey Show), while solidifying his roles as a syndicated radio personality and host of the long-running Family Feud TV game show. These experiences helped inspire his latest bestseller, Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success: Discovering Your Gift and the Way to Life’s Riches — case studies based on his life and the experiences of famous friends like Oprah Winfrey and Magic Johnson.

“I knew to get to the next level, to get a daytime talk show and make it work and to takeFamily Feud to new heights and to go to new areas, I had to be willing to give up something,” Harvey, 58, told me during a recent interview.

His advice: “I don’t care what you do. You’ve got to give up something to get to the next level.”

Before doing that, Harvey says, you need to identify your gift and then make that your focus. “It’s the only way to find your purpose in life,” the two-time Emmy winner says. “You’re going to be miserable if you never work, operate or live in your gift.”

Click Here To View The Tips
https://dexnovaconsulting.com/4-tips-to-reinvent-your-career-steve-harvey/

(1) (Reply)

CEO Job Opportunity / University Of Lagos Releases Screening Guidelines / Exclusive Opportunity For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.