Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! (856 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Code-switching And Code Mixing In Contemporary Nigerian Hip-hop Music / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
Why The Nigerian Contemporary Music and Entertainment Industry is a Scam!! I must ascertain truly that 96% of the Contemporary Nigerian music is a scam on every sides. It is true that we have rag tags celebrity parading themselves everywhere in the media and claiming to fly the Nigerian flag, but believe me, even the assumed Locals and Natives such as Pasuma, K1 d ultimate, Flavour, Asha, Tu Face and the likes from other tribes got Credibility and Pedigree far more exceeding than these said to be self acclaimed Celebrities.
I am putting this question out to alot of key players in the Nigerian music and entertainment industries, what is d standards and parameter available to music in the Nigerian market believe it or not, The Nigeria music industry is already phasing out. These music lacks philosophical depth, moral, consoling and reflective lyrics.
You can hardly turn on your TV and Radio these days expecting to get a social and psychological relief. Turn your Radio and TV on and what you have in your face and ear is a pile of Junk music and video reconstructions that doesn't strike a cord.
As a country with teaming challenges and responsibilities, our overall psychological composure has a considerable significance at determining our inputs and output efforts and in relative results. The kind of music we listen to, the kind of videos we watch, and the kind of book we read matters alot at helping to remodel or restructure our mindset and to making an informed judgement. Sure alot of Nigeria artist have robbed or scam the unsuspecting gullible public to be where they are today at selling elusive fantasy. Believe me, life for these artist and their peddlers can be as ugly as the case of a warren that ditch in a hole to escape a fox only to discover its entered the Tiger's Lair.
A lot of Nigerians and Africans are bursting with energy and potentials but lacks the right channels and resource persons for pruning. This is why the entire Entertainment industry has remained a scam because there is a big bridge and disconnect between the products and the end users.
lack of style, lack of brand, lack of class and vogue overrides our audience. Our youths, media house, governments, and entertainment industries have a lot to do in making the stitch in time. To save our economy from undue economic and resource leakages to business establishments and persons overseas fleecing the kill from our deficiency, ineptitude and incompetency. Who ever says there is no job to be done in Nigeria and Africa is a liar and worse blind than the Blind Bathemeous. For me, Dagreen was a big loss to the Nigerian music industry, while Asha remains d leading star to fly the Nigerian flag in all measures. Entertaining such atmosphere of social insecurity to fester is like leaving our youths and future in the hands of morally impaired and ill informed characters which in turn affects the social rave, overall mood and culture in a defective and obscured dimension.
If our recklessness at managing the entertainment industry Without caution, the once popular Yoruba Apalla genre, the Fela Kuti Afro music, the highlife genre of Emeka Morocco Maduka, Chief Steven Osita Osadebe, Cardinal Rex Lawson, Osaro Nomayo, Faboma, Dr Victor Uwaifo, Orlando Owo, Chief Ebenezer One, King Sunny Ade, Dele Abiodun, Haruna Ishola, Ayinla Gbade Omowura, Onyeka Owenu, Dr Sunshine Super Stars, Omwengho, Daddy Lumna, Kojo Antwi, Ofori, Amponsah, Dassebre Gyamenah, Ashenafi, Kebede Aar Maanta, Ohenhen, Prince Ndubuisi, Ibemesi, Dr Sir Foreigner, Sir Warrior & His Oriental brothers, Sunny Bobo, The City Stars, Bright Chimeze, Oliver De Conque, Sir Victor Olaiya, Afro funk, , the oldies 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s will ever continue to be an Enigma locked away in some old secret box. Entertainment and Music is a window to self and other people's culture and reflective solace; a school of thought and one of a kind. For me, I have a taste of exotic mix that's spans from Irish Music, British, R & B, Souls & Jazz, Arian, Berber Music, Guinean, Malians, Ghanians, Cameroonians, Techno, Afro Cuban, Mbira, Pop, Afro Arabian, Mediterranean folklore, American Rock & Country side, Algerians, Hip Hop, Afro funk & Afro pop, Afro Caribean, Latino, German, Vuban, Latin, Andean, Punjab, Chinese Zhen, Afro Highlife, Russian Classical, Nordic & Celtic, Arabian and Ethiopian genre. 3 things inspires my sum totality in every stance in this relative other and which I believe is ideal for every man: 1. Music, 2. Book, 3. Agriculture. These 3 Fundamental dictates the lives of Every man. A resent research confirms that Children who listen to good music, do far better than their peers who don't at school. kids who are introduced to music at early inception in life tend to have better developed brain cells and tends to learn and assimilate faster. This has nothing to do with food and dietary measures. That's why Lullaby and Montessori are the 1st line of Education and exposure children are exposed to in life. For the Nigerian Entertainment industry, am sorry to rate you a near belated Zero (0) because we lack deep lyrical, literal and philosophical content. If your a Nigerian living in Nigeria, its either your been musically under fed, musically malnourished, or you have been ingesting crappy music or you don't listen to music at all. Psychologically, Total denial of access to good music increases the chances and tendencies of erratic, aggressive and asocial behavior in Us as humans. Medically, The brain, the human body hormones, the ears and the music we listen to synergistically works hand in hand together for the total well being of an hailing individual. that's why people who attend churches, yoga classes and religious gatherings with positive professions, assertive speeches or pronouncements, praise and worship miraculously get healed. Good Music and quality Entertainment is the 1st line of Education for all. Music is the 1st line of Religion! Great Music, Great minds, great life!
For those who wants to learn script writing for movies, drama and soap opera and for those who wants to learn to be a lyricist, music vocalist, Effective Communication Skill or English Language Proficiency Skill, web branding or blog contents, those who aspires to be a compere and MCs at events, Conventional and stunt dance club, music classes and movie production and musical artist and acting group, for Creative Art and Social Clubs in Schools to include Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and religious institutions , For brand promotions for corporate organization, product partnership, advertising, promo solicitations, and for Sponsorship and partnership, you can call me or
Watsapp me on 09099176956. www.greenharrisburg..co.ke. Note this is meant to be a national and global brand with a national and global audience and prospects as operational presence is meant to be rooted in from states to states and countries with a global broad band or network. Partners are welcome from all tiers and fronts. Copy and Share the info with your loved ones

Re: Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! by Adenle041(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lol
Re: Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! by tomsongz(m): 8:11am On Jul 12, 2016
Very very very long...plus its just ur opinion,nice write up sha
Re: Why The Contemporary Nigerian Music & Entertainment Industry Is A Scam! by itseintel: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
A greater part of this narrative is true, it would be appreciated it if your points are well spaced for easy reading [it's more attractive and easy on the eye that way]. thanks

As much as i am critical of a great amount of Nigerian music; majorly due to the lyrics, i still believe the right frame of mind from both the singer and the listener is required. we can make music with good lyrics in our own Nigerian blend, the business side of music can be worked on too.

The social side of our entertainers [ can't call most artistes] should stop being exaggerated[inclusive of brags in their songs]. these days the shine is on their material acquisitions than even on content. A great deal of 'one hit- no album' entertainers abound, the next thing we see after their hit are pictures of their journeys[when we can have them tour with bands- since they choose the nauseating lip-syncing ], baby mamas, overly-blown events [that don't appreciate the values of hard work nor the ethics of music/business], inflated prices of properties acquired or leased and the dreaded selfies or naked/semi naked shots-with no concern for photos from live performance, studio or acoustic sessions.

I'm positive that things will get better, when talent won't be eroded by noise and autotune, rap will sound like rap and not brag, our artiste will not wait for telecom companies to cramp them in tour buses, the younger generation will sing for the love of music and not just the hype, the musician will be unique and thus be continuous till they grow grey hair with albums and plenty hits. we will give a way for distinctions between and credit to the producer, songwriter etc.

Those on the business side should build credible reputation even when promoting entertainers, not creating illusions; and not trying to applaud mediocrity as exceptional. Hype can be relevant till the true nature wears in- the reason while no matter the playtime paid for,just to force the music into our subconscious for the sake of appeal, oblivion still wins over these so called tunes.

ALL THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS THOUGH.

(1) (Reply)

'together' Special Nigeria Independence Song By Plateau State All-stars / Movie Maker-from Photo And Adding Song / Download This Dope Xmas Free Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.