Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

New Way Job Scammers Operate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Way Job Scammers Operate (1427 Views)

Job Scammers Now Using Ex-corpers Info From Nysc Yearbook / Check Out This Job Scammers In Rivers State / How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Way Job Scammers Operate by riqblaze(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
My dear job seekers, we just have to be extra careful and cautious this period as scammers have devised new and improved means of carrying out their trade.

I just got home from a semi successful job search where I was given a one kind offer, to work for sometime without pay with the option of full staffing if I impress.

I had barely taken off my clothes when my phone rang and behold it was a strange number. You know how job seekers always ensure not to miss any call as it might turn out to be that Baba God has just picked up grin grin

On answering the call, the caller introduced himself as Mr. Patrick from FUTO admin and asked if I was so so and so, calling my full names, even the ones my ancestors called me and the ones my grandchildren will still call me. He was so caring, asked about my welfare and enquired if I had gotten a job. When I answered in the negative, he then told me that he was calling about an opening in the NERC (Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission), that there was a recent verification of certificates there and it was discovered that some of the workers had fake certificates and so were sacked. He went further to say that the agency needed qualified people to replace them and reached out to the university to provide them with 3 engineers and that was how my name came up, as I was referred from my department. shocked shocked

Now this is the funny part and what got me interested in the first place, to show that more often than not, these scammers are those who know you very well:
1. I graduated from FUTO in 2014 and I have applied for my transcript since March and despite having made the online payment, I've still not gotten my transcript till date. I thought the guy was calling about my transcript. FUTO sha cry cry
2. I have been called from the university more than once concerning an opening and advised to apply, though that was for IT when I was still a student there and it was from my course adviser.
3. I was one of the best students in my set and when I heard job offer, I was thinking of a graduate assistant position. See me see hope cheesy cheesy

Long story short, after all his well prepared speech, he told me to call one Dr. Ezenwa, the P.R.O of NERC about the job details and sent me his number. Thank God I'm already well educated on scam 101 even to scam 510 that is 4 units, so I knew what to expect before calling the number.
Upon calling, the Dr. Ezenwa asked my full name. Immediately he heard an Igbo name, he switched to Igbo. In my mind, I just laughed. On his own part, he told me a touching story of how most people come into the civil service with fake results and asked if my results were original. He then told me that the opening was at Abuja and that interview was on Friday, that Mr. Patrick had already wasted time in bringing the right candidates and there was no time to waste. He asked if I had a place to sleep in Abuja, I replied in the positive. Na here wahala come start. grin grin

He told me that first, I'd need to buy an indigene form the local council for #5,000 and then another replacement form from the NERC office for #15,000, summing up to 20k; that he will then send me his email address after this for me to forward my CV. He asked me to call my contact in Abuja to find a way to make the payment before Wednesday so that everything would be settled before the interview on Friday. That if my contact cannot afford it, he will send his account number and I'd make the payment into the account, but I'd add #1,500 as a sort of logistics fee for his boy that will be running around to make the payments. I simply told him OK and ended the call.

This is a call to everyone to shine their eyes, these boys are not smiling. I'm also calling on FUTO to investigate these scammers impersonating the school and trying to drag the name of the school to the mud. These are the numbers of the mofos that wanted to try their luck on me
08060376476- Mr. Patrick
09080035823- Dr. Fred Ezenwa P.R.O. NERC

On a lighter note sha, abeg anybody wey get free #21,500 wey em no dey use abeg help me. I need to settle these scammers embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. edakun, epp me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by Dayhorla: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
Don't worry,help is on the way
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by CaptainBomb(m): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
I was here
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
You were not patient enough. Me I dey wait till dem send me account details then I fit spoil their entire existence.
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
If he could get account details with the numbers.... Police or something straight
Maxineng:
You were not patient enough. Me I dey wait till dem send me account details then I fit spoil their entire existence.
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 12, 2016
See this one we are trying to help secure a job and better her life, so you brought our story to nairaland to ridicule us anyhow here? Shameless girl! angry
Your interview is coming up this friday, your mates are busying paying money to get them fully registered for the interview while the unserious you is here doing rubbish! Shameless girl! angry
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by riqblaze(m): 8:11am On Jul 12, 2016
LastMumu:
See this one we are trying to help secure a job and better her life, so you brought our story to nairaland to ridicule us anyhow here? Shameless girl! angry
Your interview is coming up this friday, your mates are busying paying money to get them fully registered for the interview while the unserious you is here doing rubbish! Shameless girl! angry
Na me you dey call girl abi. No worry, carry the job share for all your street people. Divide the three slots into the number of jobless people in your street and pack all of them put there. Replacement form ko indigene form ni.
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by uzeziJules: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Na so this evil duo for scam me of N21,500 today o! thank you nairalanders. That is how one Mr. Ben Idoko called me today with this phone number: 08067810246 to greet me, but i could not remember his. He started describing where i live, but i still could not remember him. The next thing, he starts telling me about a job replacement with NERC, that he will give me a number to call (Fred Ezenwa: 08141856332). Na e i use my hard earned credit to call this stupid Ezenwa guy who told me to go the Abaji LGA in abuja to get an indigene form for N5,000 then come to NERC and buy replacement form N15,000. I told him i couldn't go to Abaji, he said no problem that a boy of his will buy both the indigene form and the replacement form for a token of an additional N1,500, all i had to do was send my cv. He then proceeds to send me an account number and email address to forward both the money and my cv. I just had the sixth sense to check the internet for their names; lo and behold i happened on nairaland and saw this page. My N21,500 has been saved. Praise the Lord!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by Jacksonojo: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Merit Entertainment
Do you need a very Funny/smart/well spoken with good English and pigin MC ( Master of Ceremony) for that occasion. ( school Xmas party, graduation, wedding, birthday, burial ceremony or church program e.t.c)
Then this your last stop , price cheap and negotiable ...
Call Jackson Enorense Omo Ojo on +2349058842236
Or WhatsApp +2349058842236 ...
God bless you all and merry xmas In advance and prosperous New Year ahead
Re: New Way Job Scammers Operate by omakae: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lol. I also graduated from futo and I've gotten my transcript 2014 as well.
grin grin grin grin
They don't call people for transcript ish

(1) (Reply)

Tonight 19 Aug 2016 Fresh Graduate Jobs With No Or Little Experience. HURRY! / Unified Payment / Multiple Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.