Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Pro Forma Invoice Request - How To Quote? Lowest Price Or Rrp - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pro Forma Invoice Request - How To Quote? Lowest Price Or Rrp (432 Views)

Report: Banking Access Lowest In Northeast, Southeast / Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever / Invoice And Order Receipt How To Print Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pro Forma Invoice Request - How To Quote? Lowest Price Or Rrp by FEGEITOK: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
I cannot count the number of times I keep getting requests from blue chip firms for Pro Forma Invoice for the commodities I sell!

How should I quote?

A pro-forma is not final.

Investopedia defines it thus:

A pro-forma invoice is a preliminary bill of sale sent to buyers in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. Typically, it gives a description of the purchased items and notes the cost along with other important information, such as shipping weight and transport charges.

Am I losing business by quoting Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and adding a proviso that if and when they are ready to buy I will give generous discounts?

Or should I simply give them my rock bottom price and hope for the best.

How do purchasing departments in blue chip firms decide on a commodity to buy and who to buy it from?

Lowest price?

Strength of customer service?

Would they rather have my lowest price from the word go? Or is it alright to give them RRP but indicate willingness to discount if and when they want a formal invoice?

Please help o

This economy is not good.

I shouldn't be throwing away opportunities that come my way since they come so few and far between.

All I know operating from outside is that they look for a minimum of 3 quotes.

But do they really get back to find out how much discount they can get?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Lalong Hosts Plateau Business Community In A State Banquet -photos / FREE Training On Selected Course (pdus Available) / Don’t Just Build A Store. Build Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.