Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled (1159 Views)

Dana Air Resumes Daily Flights To Owerri…launches ‘make A Wish’ Promo On Social / Dana Air Resumes Daily Flights To Owerri…launches ‘make A Wish’ Promo On Social / Today Is My Birthday Make A Wish For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by midasbliss(f): 7:08am On Jul 12, 2016

Oh yes!  I'm definitely not alone on this! 
"Why Can't this world come to an end?"
"I wish this World would come to an end"

I've said the above and likewise, I've heard this exact sentence/question above in at least more than just a few mouths, and trust me it's only natural... 

When ill occurrences seem too much and there is nothing we can do but gnash our teeth and imagine actions that can't be realized unless you are some supernatural being...

Sometimes, we feel we've endured so much to an extent that it  seems to be weakening our bones and tearing our eyes apart. Impatiently, we utter words we end up refuting... Lol

It's sad knowing fully well that someone else murders a living soul and walks on like its something normal to do and its even worse knowing that, that person lingers on amidst you... When faced with things like this, our thoughts get driven to that peaceful atmosphere we've always been told about, an atmosphere we've always imagined. Then, we'll wish to leave this soiled world... 

You know it's normal to say 
"Becareful for what you wish for". 
But you can't blame us, we are humans and likewise, we make use of words we literally wouldn't stand if faced with... 

You know, if ever this world is going to come to an end someday, I wouldn't want it to be now, I've got a lot to do... Lol

I can only keep Praying that, somehow, someday, There wouldn't be much of ill occurrences that makes us make wishes we literally want unfulfilled, at least for now... 

http://www.cozyupdates.com.ng/2016/07/end-of-world-wish-i-want-unfulfilled.html
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Luckylife(m): 7:17am On Jul 12, 2016
Earth is the scariest planet in the universe . But remember God allow individual, temptations he /she is capable of overcome. Have you imagine a world without religion, government and technology ? It could have be worst.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by midasbliss(f): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2016
Luckylife:
Earth is the scariest planet in the universe . But remember God allow individual, temptations he /she is capable of overcome. Have you imagine a world with religion, government and technology ? It could have be worst.

I will take it you meant "a world without"; More reason I take back such wishes... It's only normal (I guess) to make such wishes sometimes...
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2016
The monotonous talk of the world coming to an abrupt end has been on since time immemorial that it has losed its relevance.

In my opinion, I don't think the world, this world, this universe, will ever cease to exist, judging by the way the christian God implements things randomly, which is vastly difficult for mortals to comprehend.

Adam and Eve sinned against God, suprisingly, he didn't destroy them because, he thought they might turn away from their evil ways in the future to embrace his light again.

In the time of Naoh, he repeated this same measure premised on the fact that, from the very beginning, he has a purpose for his people to continue to multiply over the surface of the earth until that purpose he crafted is served.

In the same vein, I believe that no rapture will happen. God always has purpose. Killing all unGodly mortals and destroying the whole world isn't going to further his purpose.

God is all-loving. He does not play partiallity. So he will not one day destroy the world of life to have its inhabitants dispatched to other places because doing that will mean the end of his purpose.

If the entire universe is wiped out, he wouldn't be able to bring about this purpose.

Our unborn children wouldn't be able to step into the world of life to come live their purpose for existing.

If the world ends today then God has strayed away from his principle of justfulness. That's to say our unborn offsprings will suffer alongside their parents for the crimes they no nothing about.

But, as christians say, God will judge man by his deeds. Therefore I presume he would allow our children to be born so that their works on earth during their stay can one day be judged after their demise.

So, I sum up that our world, if God doesn't change his standards, will continue to exist in this sequencial order to infinity.

Well, who knows whether God might act differently and shock us(?). Like someone I spoke with last month said God has good and evil spirit so he sometimes sends his evil spirit to tempt anybody he wants to his sadistic amusement, just like the way he did Pharoah, King Saul, and countless others.

Lastly, scientists postulates that the earth is but a small grain of sand amongst billions of other planets, so I don't think planet earth is so great for it to decide the fate of the entire world.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by midasbliss(f): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:
The monotonous talk of the world coming to an abrupt end has been on since time immemorial that it has losed its relevance.
Scientists are humans who aren't dead just like you and I, I'd rather not argue because I wouldn't claim to know more than I do, it was an harmless post, not one hoping to trigger some analyses... There is more to this world that we can actually fathom...
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

In my opinion, I don't think the world, this world, this universe, will ever cease to exist, judging by the way the christian God implements things randomly, which is vastly difficult for mortals to comprehend.

Adam and Eve sinned against God, suprisingly, he didn't destroy them because, he thought they might turn away from their evil ways in the future to embrace his light again.

In the time of Naoh, he repeated this same measure premised on the fact that, from the very beginning, he has a purpose for his people to continue to multiply over the surface of the earth until that purpose he crafted is served.

In the same vein, I believe that no rapture will happen. God always has purpose. Killing all unGodly mortals and destroying the whole world isn't going to further his purpose.

God is all-loving. He does not play partiallity. So he will not one day destroy the world of life to have its inhabitants dispatched to other places because doing that will mean the end of his purpose.

If the entire universe is wiped out, he wouldn't be able to bring about this purpose.

Our unborn children wouldn't be able to step into the world of life to come live their purpose for existing.

If the world ends today then God has strayed away from his principle of justfulness. That's to say our unborn offsprings will suffer alongside their parents for the crimes they no nothing about.

But, as christians say, God will judge man by his deeds. Therefore I presume he would allow our children to be born so that their works on earth during their stay can one day be judged after their demise.

So, I sum up that our world, if God doesn't change his standards, will continue to exist in this sequencial order to infinity.

Well, who knows whether God might act differently and shock us(?). Like someone I spoke with last month said God has good and evil spirit so he sometimes sends his evil spirit to tempt anybody he wants to his sadistic amusement, just like the way he did Pharoah, King Saul, and countless others.

Lastly, scientists postulates that the earth is but a small grain of sand amongst billions of other planets, so I don't think planet earth is so great for it to decide the fate of the entire world.
Why are you wallowing in abject ignorance? Just look at the nonsense you typed up there? I'd keep praying for all you atheist nd logical minded people who claim to know it all, when in reality you know nothing.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
midasbliss, sincerely I wonder why you brought your inner thoughts to this atheist infested forum. You should have known that so long the owner of this place is still doubting the existence of God, there would always be like minded people. We were once happy people until the evil one came around. Jesus Christ is the liberator and saviour of this dying world. I lost a close friend yesterday, I never asked God why? . I moved on. I believe in a world that is to come, devoid of suffering and pain. First things first, is to get the ticket. That ticket is rapture. I onced said Jesus Christ shouldn't come until I achieved a lot. My dear, that is a warped mentality. I live everyday according to the will of God.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
midasbliss:

Scientists are humans who aren't dead just like you and I, I'd rather not argue because I wouldn't claim to know more than I do, it was an harmless post, not one hoping to trigger some analyses... There is more to this world that we can actually fathom...

Yes, we all should live our life the way we want.

We seriously need to stop worrying that the world will come to an end some day because the bible says so.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Why are you wallowing in abject ignorance? Just look at the nonsense you typed up there? I'd keep praying for all you atheist nd logical minded people who claim to know it all, when in reality you know nothing.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:

Before you go on calling me an atheist, I'm as a matter of fact not one.

FYI, I'm a theist but I do not believe everything in the bible, or to simply put; I truly do not believe that the bible is infallible.

Christians always label anyone who questions the bible as ignorant. Whereas they are the irrational peeps cause intelligent men indulge even the silliest of ideas and compare and contrast with what they already know then pick the important parts and discard the rest. That's the true mark of intelligence.

I know how you feel - you are evading the effort of thinking. You are scared of hell fire that's why you are exhibiting blind faith. I was once like you.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

Before you go on calling me an atheist, I'm as a matter of fact not one.

FYI, I'm a theist but I do not believe everything in the bible, or to simply put; I truly do not believe that the bible is infallible.

Christians always label anyone who questions the bible as ignorant. Whereas they are the irrational peeps cause intelligent men indulge even the silliest of ideas and compare and contrast with what they already know then pick the important parts and discard the rest. That's the true mark of intelligence.

I know how you feel - you are evading the effort of thinking. You are scared of hell fire that's why you are exhibiting blind faith. I was once like you.
"the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God" . In your mind you are intelligent. I don't and won't condemn you yet because you were mislead. Thinking? I've been there before. Its absolute trash. You dont believe in the bible? What den do you believe in? Science? Cmon, that right there is the devils tool. You are a child. Its obvious. I pray God opens your eye. blind faith? That was what Paul and other disciples were told. Where are they? Paradise. Where are you? On the road to hell unless you repent. Receive Jesus now its early,after rapture the chances of repentance would be minimal.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
"the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God" . In your mind you are intelligent. I don't and won't condemn you yet because you were mislead.

Why do you think that the wisdom of man is foolishness in God's sight? Because the bible says so?

So you do believe that the tortoise is the wisest of all animals because fairy and folk tales says so? And why do you completely believe in the bible? Do you know the exact date when it was written? C'mmon, this is a book spanning centuries that could as well have been modified severally as time goes by. Maybe the bible you grew up with in your father's house might be the wrong book. Perharps the true bible has bade goodbye together with a past generation to the earth and the one we have here is another attempt at reviving an old belief?

Maybe our future generations will not use this same bible we are currently using. Maybe by then reasoning would have gotten rid of the necessary evil called religion - just like the way folk tales about Leopard getting its spots from an enraged old woman has been rebuffed in due time and now considered as nothing other than an interesting tale children so loved to gather around their grandfathers listening to.

Or in thousands of years to come, this bible would be a shadow of its former self?

What if your path is to a disastrous end? Have you asked yourself that question?

Thinking? I've been there before. Its absolute trash. You dont believe in the bible? What den do you believe in? Science? Cmon, that right there is the devils tool. You are a child. Its obvious. I pray God opens your eye. blind faith? That was what Paul and other disciples were told. Where are they? Paradise. Where are you? On the road to hell unless you repent. Receive Jesus now its early,after rapture the chances of repentance would be minimal.
I agree I'm a child. Lol. The usual tactics theists employ. They believe they are elders who have all the wisdom in the world.

Everything that comes out of their mouth is definitely correct simply because of the presence of grey hair on their heads. They do no realise that age isn't maturity.

I don't believe that there is a large area buring with sulphur and brimstone existing somewhere in the spiritual realm so I'm not scared of hell; I have no reason to - similarly like you and I do not believe that the antagonist in the superman's movie who came to earth to terrorise humans is real, so you agree with me that we have no reason whatsover to live in fear of his imminent invasion.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

Who do you think that the wisdom of man is foolishness in God's sight? Because the bible says so?

So you do believe that the tortoise is the wisest of all animals because fairy and folk tales says so? And why do you completely believe in the bible? Do you know the exact date when it was written? C'mmon, this is a book spanning centuries that could as well have been modified severally as time goes by. Maybe the bible you grew up with in your father's house might be the wrong book. Perharps the true bible has bade goodbye together with a past generation to the earth and the one we have here is another attempt at reviving an old belief?

Maybe our future generations will not use this same bible we are currently using. Maybe by then reasoning would have gotten rid of the necessary evil called religion - just like the way folk tales about Leopard getting its spots from an enraged old woman has been rebuffed in due time and now considered as nothing other than an interesting tale children so loved to gather around their grandfathers listening to.

Or in thousands of years to come, this bible would be a shadow of its former self?

What if your path is to a disastrous end? Have you asked yourself that question?

I agree I'm a child. Lol. The usual tactics theists employ. They believe they are elders who have all the wisdom in the world.

Everything that comes out of their mouth is definitely correct simply because of the presence of grey hair on their heads. They do no realise that age isn't maturity.

I don't believe that there is a large area buring with sulphur and brimstone existing somewhere in the spiritual realm so I'm not scared of hell; I have no reason to - similarly like you and I do not believe that the antagonist in the superman's movie who came to earth to terrorise humans is real, so you agree with me that we have no reason whatsover to live in fear of his imminent invasion.
Your stupidity eludes me.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Your stupidity eludes me.
I would rather be a stupid_ human being than an intelligent robot.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

I would rather be a stupid_ human being than an intelligent robot.
like your father turned you into? Its nice being an intelligent robot than being a stupid human. Stupidity runs for generations. I'd pray for you my dear. Your father loves making a fool of you . He's obviously trying to drag you down with him. Your wisdom is indeed foolishness.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
like your father turned you into? Its nice being an intelligent robot than being a stupid human. Stupidity runs for generations. I'd pray for you my dear. Your father loves making a fool of you . He's obviously trying to drag you down with him. Your wisdom is indeed foolishness.

Lmao. You sound angry. Calm down, young man. We aren't fighting, are we?

You are right. Stupidity runs for a very long time but it's only a day needed to break the chain of stupidity. But you, you will eternally be a robot whose unfortunate predicament was his own doing.

I am ruled by reason therefore there's hope for me that I can change. On the other hand, you are governed by faith so you will plunge into nothingness which is the consequence for shunning reality.

May father is not responsible for my belief. Everyman is accountable for his own life.

Please, if you still have any iota of saneness in you, I urge you to gently read and digest the below quotes from Terry Goodkind (he's my favourite author if you wish to know):

“The only
sovereign I can allow to
rule me is reason. The
first law of reason is
this: what exists exists; what is is. From this irreducible, bedrock
principle, all knowledge
is built. This is the
foundation from which life is embraced. Reason is a choice. Wishes and
whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them.
Reason is our only way
of grasping reality–it is
our basic tool of
survival. We are free to
evade the effort of
thinking, to reject
reason, but we are not
free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse
to see... Reason is the very substance of
truth itself. The glory
that is life is wholly
embraced through
reason. In rejecting
reason one embraces
death.

Faith and feelings are the warm marrow of
evil. Unlike reason, faith
and feelings provide no
boundary to limit any
delusion, any whim. They are virulent poison, giving the numbing illusion of moral sanction to every depravity ever
hatched.
Faith and feelings are
the darkness to
reason’s light.
Reason is the very
substance of truth itself.
The glory that is life is
wholly embraced through
reason. In rejecting it, in
rejecting reason, one
embraces death.

Thanks.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

Lmao. You sound angry. Calm down, young man. We aren't fighting, are we?

You are right. Stupidity runs for a very long time but it's only a day needed to break the chain of stupidity. But you, you will eternally be a robot whose unfortunate predicament was his own doing.

I am ruled by reason therefore there's hope for me that I can change. On the other hand, you are governed by faith so you will plunge into nothing less which is the consequence for shunning reality.

May father is not responsible for my belief. Everyman is responsible for his own life.

Please, if you still have any iota of saness in you, I urge you to gently read and digest the below quotes from Terry Goodking (he's my favourite author if you wish to know):

“The only
sovereign I can allow to
rule me is reason. The
first law of reason is
this: what exists exists; what is is. From this irreducible, bedrock
principle, all knowledge
is built. This is the
foundation from which life is embraced. Reason is a choice. Wishes and
whims are not facts, nor are they a means to
discovering them.
Reason is our only way
of grasping reality–it is
our basic tool of
survival. We are free to
evade the effort of
thinking, to reject
reason, but we are not
free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse
to see... Reason is the very substance of
truth itself. The glory
that is life is wholly
embraced through
reason. In rejecting
reason one embraces
death.

[b]Faith and feelings are the warm marrow of
evil. Unlike reason, faith
and feelings provide no
boundary to limit any
delusion, any whim. They are virulent poison, giving the numbing illusion of moral sanction to every depravity ever
hatched.
Faith and feelings are
the darkness to
reason’s light.
Reason is the very
substance of truth itself.
The glory that is life is
wholly embraced through
reason. In rejecting it, in
rejecting reason, one
embraces death.

Thanks.

Angry? Because of what? Sorry child. you've confirmed your level reasoning. Like I said earlier i 'd keep praying for you Mr. reasonable. Lol stupidity at its peak. Even quoting your tool of slavery. Ridiculous I must say. In your mind you are enlightened? Lol
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:

Angry? Because of what? Sorry child. you've confirmed your level reasoning. Like I said earlier i 'd keep praying for you Mr. reasonable. Lol stupidity at its peak. Even quoting your tool of slavery. Ridiculous I must say. In your mind you are enlightened? Lol

Haba. Weren't you paying attention to everything that I have been telling you?

Gosh. In all my NL years, you are the worst theist I have ever met.

I don't need your prayers which are mere wishes. But if you really want to pray, pray to God that he should do something about the nation's appalling economy. Yeah

You keep chanting stupidity as if it is today you learnt this word.

You see, unlike you, my knowledge isn't limited to one book. I read many books and take out reoccurring facts I have ascertained to be true and store them at the back of my mind.

You are a slave and will always be a slave to yourself unless you give in to reason.

I won't argue intelligence with you cause that will be a total waste of valuable time. No wonder Chinua Achebe said in his book, A Man of The People, that: "He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool".

Goodnight.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Drefan:

Haba. Weren't you paying attention to everything that I have been telling you?

Gosh. In all my NL years, you are the worst theist I have ever met.

I don't need your prayers which are mere wishes. But if you really want to pray, pray to God that he should do something about the nation's appalling economy. Yeah

You keep chanting stupidity as if it is today you learnt this word.

You see, unlike you, my knowledge isn't limited to one book. I read many books and take out reoccurring facts I have ascertained to be true and store them at the back of my mind.

You are a slave and will always be a slave to yourself unless you give in to reason.

I won't argue intelligence with you cause that will be a total waste of valuable time. No wonder Chinua Achebe said in his book, A Man of The People, that: "He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool".

Goodnight.
Lol.... Keep ranting. Bookworm. Mr enlightened. Its obvious you made a perfect description of yourself. See bro, I've seen your type. There are a lot of them on here. One thing that separates the both of us is far wider than you can imagine.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Lol.... Keep ranting. Bookworm. Mr enlightened. Its obvious you made a perfect description of yourself. See bro, I've seen your type. There are a lot of them on here. One thing that separates the both of us is far wider than you can imagine.
Lmao. . . Sleep well, O great sir.
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by midasbliss(f): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Drefan:

Lmao. . . Sleep well, O great sir.
Isaacmacdon:

Please, It wasn't a post to create enmity, It doesn't call for argument...
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
midasbliss:

Lol...
Re: End Of The World: A Wish I Want Unfulfilled by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
midasbliss:

Alright. No more sparring for now. I have dropped my boxing gloves.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Go Back To London / My Advice To The Vp Statement At Lekki Petrol Station / Breaking: Fire guts house At Fadeyi Aladura Street Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.