Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability (4738 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by azeezbaba(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
Na wa ooo. Is ADHD genetic? Pls, medical practioners in the house, what is the cause of this disorder?
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Outstrip(f): 12:53am On Sep 12, 2009
I am sorry but the man is an ASS. How can you call your own son stupid when it is clear that the child is suffering. A 4 year old child understands stupid and understands when someone does not love them. Don't have time to feel sorry for your husband. He is making that child's life a living hell. Focus on your child and get any help or assistance you can get. He can actually live a normal life if your husbands mental and emotional abuse does not do him in. This is how people use culture to excuse their wickedness.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by mohawkchic(f): 2:16am On Sep 12, 2009
~Do you have a support network other than your hubby?

~Just continue to be there for your child,show him love & get all the help you can for him. . .most of all pray for Strength! Cant be easy trying to make-up for dad's short-comings. . . .

If Your Wife Delivers An Abnormal Child What'll Be Your Action?

nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191660.0.html
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 12, 2009
err mohawk . . . what will a "support network" do? undecided
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by mohawkchic(f): 2:23am On Sep 12, 2009
~ER Lots!!

~Support network cud be a

~Family/friend to talk to . . .vent out her frustrations,fears,expectations

~A professional who will help her give her advice on how to cope/help her child

~Other mothers w/ child/ren who have the same disability. . .
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 12, 2009
Support network is simply a bogus word for "friends".
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by mohawkchic(f): 2:47am On Sep 12, 2009
~If You Say So. . .
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by spoilt(f): 3:28am On Sep 12, 2009
When did ADHD become a 'disability'?
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 12, 2009
spoilt:

When did ADHD become a 'disability'?

I tire for them.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by vanitty: 6:23am On Sep 12, 2009
^Some ADHD can actually be a learning disability.
It is always better to know this things earlier on so the teachers at school will be well informed rather than just labelling your kid as lazy et cera
Besides if you are a struggling lone parent, you can always get disability allowance.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by whiteroses(f): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2009
what kind of husband is that wierdo even people that had disablity and blind children love their kids and that is not even a disability
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Theblessed(f): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2009
[b]Sister take heart with that thick and ignorant Nigerian man of a husband.  Can he create a single strand of hair on that his bald head?  Instead of reassuring his family and supporting them at this time of need he is threatening them.  If I were you kick him out and focus on your son - shower him with love and attention and leave the old fool.  As he's threatening to go with another women to have another baby let him GO, GO and, GO, QUICK!! You know this silly man is playing with God's intelligence.  What if he gets with this woman and produce the same again - HABA, God don punish him be that and he would have dug DOUBLE WHAMMY PIT for himself.  And for that, he can kiss your a-se and say 'Thank Ma'. Let him go!  How does he know ADH is not in his gene i.e. in his Lineage.  Does he know what the past ten generations of his family suffered, that made him so sure his genes are clean?   No one in this world can boast of clean genes, let alone him.  Even the British Royal Family have Blood disease in their family. They are haemophiliacs.  In fact, his attitude sucks.  His attitude seems the  hallmark of an illiterate man that has no clue and too ignorant to research the health condition of his own son. If he can not do that why can't he seek proper help and support for all concerned instead of resorting to verbal/physical  abuses of the poor child.  This child did not ask to be born, did he It wasn't the child's fault nor both of your faults. God will punish him if he ever lay a finger on that child again!.  You see, children with learning disabilities are quite CREATIVE people - they are very good with their hands.  They can create anything but you just have to find out his area of interests and work with it.  Such kids are gifted children.  Please, tell your husband to cool it he has a gifted child he should nurture instead of behaving like a mad rat.  If he doesn't listen, kick him out to prevent him causing you more stress than you have, already.  You don't need that because. it can cause you bad health.  Please, go and seek help/support from the State, Friends, Colleague, Clubs, Charity Organisations and Groups that have similar experience.  They will all help you!  Good luck!!![/b]
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by samnaija: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2009
if i were u becareful, dont jus take advice anyhow . u alone know ur husband well. it is difficult for u i know, but it is also difficult on him. give him time and pray for him . he will come about. dont listen to people that tell u to jus give up on ur marriage, as if marriage is a game of scrabble that u can just walk away from, girl use ur head,
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by illusion2: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2009
Nairaland & its unique personalities. . . . . . . (italics,purple& bold text et al cheesy )

Oustrip(mama ibeji wink) has said it all:
Outstrip:

I am sorry but the man is an ASS. How can you call your own son stupid when it is clear that the child is suffering. A 4 year old child understands stupid and understands when someone does not love them. Don't have time to feel sorry for your husband. He is making that child's life a living hell. Focus on your child and get any help or assistance you can get. He can actually live a normal life if your husbands mental and emotional abuse does not do him in. This is how people use culture to excuse their wickedness.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by becomrich15: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2009
Lara , count yourself lucky , your problem is small. some children are worst. but Albert Einstein did not speak until he was four years old . he had the same thing, but see what he did listed below.

Year Theory Description
1905 Ph.D. Einstein received his doctorate from the University of Zurich for a theoretical dissertation providing a new way of calculating the size of molecules.

1905 Brownian Motion In 1827 the botanist Robert Brown observed under the microscope the movement or motion of plant spores floating in water and moving about randomly all the time.
The explanation for this was already thought to be the random motion of molecules "hitting" the spores.
But the first satisfactory theoretical treatment of the Brownian motion was made by Albert Einstein in 1905.
Einstein's theory enabled significant statistical predictions about the motion of particles that are randomly distributed in a fluid. These predictions were later confirmed by experiment.
1905 Photoelectric Effect It was known that when light was shone on certain substances, the substances gave out electrons, but that only the number of electrons emitted, and not their energy, was increased when the strength of the light was increased.
According to classical theory, when light, thought to be composed of waves, strikes substances, the energy of the liberated electrons ought to be proportional to the intensity of light.
In other words, the energy emitted by the irradiated substance is changing in a discrete quantities rather than in a continuous manner.
Einstein proposed that under certain circumstances light can be considered as consisting of particles, but he also hypothesized that the energy carried by any light particle, called a photon, is proportional to the frequency of the radiation.
This proposal, that the energy contained within a light beam is transferred in individual units, or quanta, contradicted a hundred-year-old tradition of considering light energy a manifestation of a continuous processes or of its wave nature.
Virtually no one accepted Einstein's proposal until a decade later when the American physicist Robert Andrews Millikan experimentally confirmed the theory.
This Einstein's efforts helped out with the development of the quantum theory (mechanics).
For this contribution, Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize in physics for 1921 (see below).
1905 Special Theory of Relativity This theory provides a consistent explanation for the way radiation (light, for example) and matter interact when viewed from different inertial frames of reference, that is, an interaction viewed simultaneously by an observer at rest and an observer moving at uniform speed.
Einstein based this theory on two postulates: the principle of relativity, that physical laws are the same in all inertial reference systems, and the principle of the invariance of the speed of light, that the speed of light in a vacuum is a universal constant for all observers regardless of the motion of the observer or of the source of the light.
He was thus able to provide a consistent and correct description of physical events in different inertial frames of reference without making special assumptions about the nature of matter or radiation, or how they interact.
Among the theory's main assertions and consequences are the propositions that the maximum velocity attainable in the universe is that of light; that objects appear to contract in the direction of motion and vice versa; that the rate of a moving clock seems to decrease as its velocity increases; the results of observers in different systems are equally correct; and that mass and energy are equivalent and interchangeable properties according to Einstein's famous formula:

E=mc²
Though Einstein did not invent the atomic bomb, this equation laid the theoretical background for it.

Think Like Einstein
After 1905
Year Theory Description
1911 Why Is The sky Blue? The case, "Why is the sky blue?", was finally settled by Einstein in 1911, who calculated the detailed formula for the scattering of light from molecules; and this was found to be in agreement with experiment.

Why Is the Sky Blue?

1916 General Theory of Relativity Einstein expanded the special theory of relativity into the general theory of relativity that applies to systems in nonuniform (accelerated) motion as well as to systems in uniform motion (like in the special theory of relativity).
The general theory is principally concerned with the large-scale effects of gravitation and therefore is an essential ingredient in theories of the universe as a whole, or cosmology.
The theory recognizes the equivalence of gravitational and inertial mass. It asserts that material bodies produce curvatures in space-time that form a gravitational field and that the path of a body in the field is determined by this curvature. In other words, according to this theory, space becomes curved in the vicinity of matter (this is the meaning of gravity); the greater the concentration of matter, the greater the curvature and the greater the gravity. The geometry of a given region of space and the motion in the field can be predicted from the equations of the general theory.

1922 Nobel Prize On December 10, 1922, Einstein received the Nobel prize in physics for the year 1921, especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect (see above).
1924 Bose-Einstein Condensate The Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) is a phase of matter, in the sense that solid, liquid, gas and plasma are phases of matter.
In 1924 the Indian physicist Satyendra Nath Bose sent Einstein a paper in which he derived the Planck law for black-body radiation by treating the photons as a gas of identical particles. Einstein generalized Bose's theory to an ideal gas of identical atoms or molecules for which the number of particles is conserved and, in the same year, predicted that at sufficiently low temperatures the particles would become locked together, or overlap, in the lowest quantum state of the system. The result of Einstein's and Bose's efforts is the so called Bose Einstein statistics. We now know that this phenomenon, (BEC), only happens for "bosons".
What does it mean to say that atoms overlap? The coins in a stack of pennies don’t overlap, and neither do the gas molecules in the air we breathe. As a gas becomes colder and colder, quantum mechanics tells us that the wavelike behavior of the atoms becomes more and more important. At the lowest temperatures, within a few hundred billionths of absolute zero (-273.15°C), the waves of the atoms in a gas can overlap and create, in effect, one super-atom. In this state, it hardly even makes sense to talk about individual atoms because they all behave as one collective object. This is much like the output of a laser, since all the light is the same wavelength (same color) and the waves are all in step and you can’t tell one light particle (a photon) from another.
In recent developments, BECs are being used to create atom lasers, the equivalent of a laser made of light; in the study of superconductivity (the ability of some materials to conduct electrical current without any resistance); superfluidity (the ability of some materials to flow without resistance) and in refining measurements of time and distance.

1945 The First Atomic Bomb Was Dropped The first atomic bomb, nicknamed "Little Boy", was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.
Although Einstein did not invent the bomb and did not participate in the Manhattan Project, his theories laid the foundation for it.
The Relativity Theory showed that mass could be converted directly into energy (E=mc²), and that a minute piece of mass could release a vast amount of energy.
In 1939 Einstein collaborated with several other physicists in writing a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, pointing out the possibility of making an atomic bomb and the likelihood that the German government was embarking on such a course. The letter, which bore only Einstein's signature, helped lend urgency to efforts in the U.S. to build the atomic bomb, but Einstein himself played no role in the work and knew nothing about it at the time.

Albert Einstein Died in 1955
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by becomrich15: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
Lara , count yourself lucky , your problem is small. some children are worst. but Albert Einstein did not speak until he was four years old . he had the same thing, but see what he did listed below.

If i give you $105,000,000. Look at the first picture lara, that is what one of basketball greatest man was walking with, he could not walk from birth. He is worth $105,000,000 or more

Reggie Miller, He was born with hip deformities, which caused an inability to walk correctly. He is the leading career 3-point scoring leader of a time. Nodbody ever had more 3 point like him. they call him superman.

[img]http://soulhonky.com/candanny/AAGQ209~Reggie-Miller-2005-Playoffs-Jump-Shot-Posters.jpg[/img]
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Nezan(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2009
the man seems to be very irresponsible.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by ayomidej(f): 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Sorry to say but your husband is a slowpoke grin
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by buchiwet: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
Pray over it, there is nothing too hard for God to do.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by bigben3: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
there is ability in disability,please try and encourage your son to be the best he can be.About your hubby ,he will soon come to his senses.Cheers
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by agathamari(f): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
ADD and ADHD are two of the most over diagnosed "conditions" APA (american pediatrics association) states that true ADD/ADHD is a cemical imbalance in the brain that causes the body to misuses nutrients. easy test. give your child a soda (coke, pepsi) anything with caffine. if the child becoumes more hyper its NOT ADD/ADHD. chilren with the disease will fall asleep. 10 to 1 says your kid just has a high metabolism fiving him more energy then he knows what to do with.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by bawomolo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
oge4real:

Oops, what kind of man is he? Anyway, just pray for God to heal your boys ( your hubby and son).

what he needs is therapy or attention from his parents.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by JustGood(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
Someone comes for advise and someone is already advising her to dump her husband.

Some women will do anything to have every woman become just like them, sheeor
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Rosabelle(f): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Dont take heart, cos theres nothing wrong with you or your son. You have given birth to a future genius and the world will hear of him if you support him with all your might.
My friend's child had this problem from age 4 until age 8 and the teachers at school had suggested many therapists etc. She refused and warned them seriously not to allow any dr near her son. Fortunately for her, her husband understood the situation even before she did, so I get that her situation is different.
As for you. God gave you this child, dont allow anyone insult him or beat him. Husband of not. Please gather your courage and sit your husband down and explain to him why you dont want him beating your child anymore (yes he is YOURS cos you carried him 9months).
Men usually react wildly to situations they dont understand, but dont allow him in his ignorance beat your son. You need to make him STOP.
You are the one to set the tone, not the man. Otherwise your child will grow up insecure and he will one day despise you for not coming to his aid. Dont hide. As a mother, your responsibility to your child is above anyother responsibility.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by sosisi(f): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
What an abusive husband and father.
The more you stay with that man in his present lunatic stage,the more damage you cause your son.
Think about that.
There could come a time for you to choose the welfare of your son who needs your love,support and understanding over that stupid husband of yours.I hope you choose wisely.
Diagnosis of ADHD is not usually made this early, I suggest you see a developmental pediatrician and not your family doctor.
Re: My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability by Leilah(f): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
Let him go and have another child with a nigerian woman, thats probably whats he is planning anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help,is This True? / I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage / He Stopped Kissing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.