Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

Brand New HP Laptop: Any Ideas? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Brand New HP Laptop: Any Ideas? (951 Views)

Brand New HP Pavilion Power 15, 12GB RAM, 1TB,Core i7-7700HQ, 4GB NvidiaGTX 1050 / Clean Hp Laptop For Sale / Need Help, Any Ideas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brand New HP Laptop: Any Ideas? by Konpresor012(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys, I will buy a brand new HP Laptop tomorrow. My question here is, "should I charge it first before using it?" If yes, how long? Because I don't want anything bad to happen to the battery life.

Secondly, between windows vista and windows 10, which one is good and more comfortable to use?

Any advice(s) or recommendation(s) will be much appreciated.
Re: Brand New HP Laptop: Any Ideas? by ITbomb(m): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
For the brand, if this is your first laptop, then go for HP but as you need more performance, you may consider other powerful brands

For battery life, yes charge for at least 4 hours preferably on NEPA light before full use, though you can still on it and check it features.
If possible, after the first full charge, let it run down to say 10 or 5% before you charge it again and start using it as you like.

Go for Windows 10. Vista was a failure, Win 8 was a mistake but all the corrections are in Windows 10
This however should not be a criteria for the purchase, as you can upgrade this at any time rather look for the specs that you cannot upgrade easily and make sure they are good.
These specs include RAM size, Hard Disk size, Graphic card, no. of USB port, bluetooth, Wifi , screen size. Click to read the full guide on buying a new laptop here

1 Like

Re: Brand New HP Laptop: Any Ideas? by Konpresor012(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
ITbomb:

For the brand, if this is your first laptop, then go for HP but as you need more performance, you may consider other powerful brands

For battery life, yes charge for at least 4 hours preferably on NEPA light before full use, though you can still on it and check it features.
If possible, after the first full charge, let it run down to say 10 or 5% before you charge it again and start using it as you like.

Go for Windows 10. Vista was a failure, Win 8 was a mistake but all the corrections are in Windows 10
This however should not be a criteria for the purchase, as you can upgrade this at any time rather look for the specs that you cannot upgrade easily and make sure they are good.
These specs include RAM size, Hard Disk size, Graphic card, no. of USB port, bluetooth, Wifi , screen size. Click to read the full guide on buying a new laptop here
Thanks bro, they said the operating system is Free DOS, what does that mean?

(1) (Reply)

Free Windows 10 Upgrade To End Today / I Need Help My Ipad 2 Unable To Connect To Cellular Network / The Drone That Can Fly Forever With Wireless Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.