Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Live Sport Updates - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Live Sport Updates (538 Views)

Free Live Sport Tv / Live Sport In The All World / online live sport Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Live Sport Updates by Newsbreakers: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
Klopp: I told Balotelli he must leave Liverpool

Jurgen Klopp has told Mario Balotelli he needs to leave Liverpool, but hopes to help him rediscover his best form beforehand.

Balotelli joined Liverpool from AC Milan in 2014 but, after scoring just one Premier League goal in 16 appearances in his first season at the club, he was sent back to San Siro on loan the following year.

The 25-year-old managed just to find the net just once in Serie A last term, though he missed more than three months with a groin injury, and Klopp does not see a future for him at Anfield.

However, the German hopes to help build Balotelli’s confidence back up before sending him to a club where he can be a leading figure.

“Since he has been back here, he’s been a good guy and I can’t say anything different than that,” said Klopp.

“Everything’s been good, it’s all okay. And now he’s here, we will do everything we can to get him fit.

“We want Mario to become the player he was before his injury. The talent is still there – no doubt about it

“When we have done the crossing, heading and stuff, he’s been world class. But this is not a situation where he should be battling with other players like this for one position so it’s clear we need a solution.

“There will be a club around who would be happy to have a new Mario Balotelli, if you like. I have spoken clearly to the player about that.

“It’s now time to make decisions and I try to help Mario to get in the best shape he can be in and we will see what happens.”

Balotelli, who made 16 league appearances for Liverpool in the 2014-15 campaign before being sent on loan last term, is contracted to the club until June 2018.

Willian signs new four-year Chelsea contract

Chelsea midfielder Willian has signed a new four-year contract, extending his stay at Stamford Bridge until 2020.

The Blues have already signed Michy Batshuayi this summer but the Brazilian’s new deal is Antonio Conte’s first major act since he formally took charge on Monday following Italy’s elimination from Euro 2016.

Willian was Chelsea’s standout performer during an otherwise underwhelming 2015-16 season for the dethroned Premier League champions and received the club’s Player and Players’ Player of the Year awards.

I’m very happy to sign a new contract with Chelsea,” he told the club’s official website. “It’s a dream to continue with this club and over the next four years I will try to help the team win more trophies.

“It’s been an amazing time for me since I joined the club three years ago, I’ve won titles and last season I was named Chelsea Player of the Year.

“I hope to be able to stay at that level during the coming seasons and achieve more success.”

Neymar: I was afraid when I first saw Messi & Barca’s stars

Neymar has admitted he was slightly overwhelmed by the presence of Lionel Messi and his teammates ahead of his Barcelona debut.

The Brazil international joined Barca from Santos in June 2013 and has since developed into one of the Catalans’ undisputed stars.

But Neymar needed some time to adapt to his new surroundings, with compatriot Dani Alves in particular helping him feel at home in Spain.

“I was afraid when I saw Messi and the others before my first Barcelona game,” Neymar told TV Globo.

“I got into the dressing room and Messi, Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, [Gerard] Pique and Dani Alves were all there. These guys were my idols.

“It was almost as if I was playing on the Playstation. It was very difficult in the beginning.

“Dani Alves was fundamental for me when I came to Barcelona to help me adapt and become what I am now.

“I have a lot of time for him and for what he did for me at Barcelona.”

Sissoko unhappy with Newcastle asking price

Moussa Sissoko is unhappy with Newcastle United’s reluctance to allow him to leave the club ahead of the 2016-17 campaign, according to his representative.

The France international impressed at Euro 2016 and has been linked with a number of clubs following the Magpies’ relegation to the Championship.

Newcastle have no intention of letting him go on the cheap, though, and have reportedly set an asking price in the region of £35 million for the 26-year-old, despite an earlier promise that Sissoko could leave for about half that fee.

We do not understand Newcastle. We agreed last year that Moussa would stay for one more year to help the team. He has given his all for the club,” the midfielder’s representative told Foot Mercato.

“We never even talked about a higher asking price. The club always said they would allow Moussa to leave for a fee between €18 million and €25m.

“We hope Rafa Benitez and Newcastle will be more reasonable again so we can resolve Moussa’s future. He has always been loyal and respectful toward the club.

here are clubs that have approached us and Newcastle. We hope everything goes well.”

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Rio Olympics: The Flops And The Stars / [ogirisports] Stephen Curry Sticks Out His Tongue To Lebron James While On Court / Eden Hazard Aims Thinly Veiled Dig At Former Boss Jose Mourinho After Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.