Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? (19750 Views)

How To Start A Profitable Import Business Plus Fast Selling Products / Please I Need Someone To Assist Me In Registering A Business Name / What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
dking123:
@op. thanks for this info. pls also talk about the processes involved in getting S.O.N approval.
How to get SON approval
Just visit any SON office in your area and obtain SON form for manufacturer. The form is #8,000. Fill it and return with your company's certificate of analysis, fumigation certificate and medical certification of your production staff. After submission, SON will call you for the day they will be coming for the inspection. What they normally look for is that you maintain high GMP standard.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
mumtobe:

Custard and cookies are the products I want to produce
Both have one year shelf life I.e.12 months as expiry date.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by mumtobe: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
abikun:

Both have one year shelf life I.e.12 months as expiry date.

Thank you sir.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
HAH:
@ abikun what is the official cost of having a nafdac number for bakery I mean to be paid for bread?
Official fee for registration of bread is #31,500 for one product. Excluding documentation, label printing, laboratories follow up & online registration.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2016
Trademark is one of the necessary document required by NAFDAC. So I put up this short post on simple but grievous mistake people during registration of trademark. It is on my LinkedIn page. Read it and please leave your comment on the page which will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Here is the link: https://www./simple-grave-mistake-can-cost-you-double-payment-your-abiola-lion-?trk=prof-post
Have a blessed day.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2016
I thank everyone that find time out of their precious time to view my post about trademark on LinkedIn and make comments. I really appreciate it. This morning I am uploading sample of NAFDAC requirements for Bread inspection. Check it out below & you can cone back to post your questions.

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by afobie: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please i want to set up a air freshener and plate wash factory,please what are the procedure to follow to get a nafdea number.i will highly appreciate ur contribution
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2016
afobie:
Please i want to set up a air freshener and plate wash factory,please what are the procedure to follow to get a nafdea number.i will highly appreciate ur contribution
I discovered that I gave you wrong response before, apology for the error.
Sorry for responding so late. The procedure for setting up air freshener factory include borehole, !minimum of 4 rooms, water treatment plants, all the documents that I itemised before on this thread, proper waste disposal, first aid box, and fire extinguisher.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Watch out for NAFDAC requirements on imported products.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by HAH: 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
abikun:

Official fee for registration of bread is #31,500 for one product. Excluding documentation, label printing, laboratories follow up & online registration.

This is to let you know that I have received my trademark acceptance, it took two weeks to process, next will be to get prepared and approach NAFDAC hope there's too will be expedient like trademark. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
HAH:

This is to let you know that I have received my trademark acceptance, it took two weeks to process, next will be to get prepared and approach NAFDAC hope there's too will be expedient like trademark. Thanks for your support.

Well done. Congratulations.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
As promosed, this is the NAFDAC requirements for imported food.

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Let me talk about NAFDAC inspection.
Types of NAFDAC Inspection:
Before approving products & issuing NAFDAC number. Officials have to inspect the factory to ensure that it meet the GMP standard. Here are some of the types of inspection:

1. Advisory Inspection: As the name implies the inspection is meant to give advice on how to set up the factory. This usually occurs if the owner is confused on how to set up the factory. This type of inspection is optional and not very common because not until all the conditions recommended during the inspection are met no production can take up. Thereafter production will still have to take place. This means double payment.

2. Production Inspection: This means the factory is on ground and production is about to start. Prepare and submit the necessary documents, apply for production inspection, pay the official fee, collect the receipt and book for inspection date. The Managing Director & Production Manager must be present on the day of inspection all other staff are optional.

To be continued...........

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good day house,
Abikun, thanks for the good work. Please I need info on what the quality control lab should look like and the test that is expected to b carried out there as expected by nafdac.
Please will it cost much to set up?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by oduz: 6:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Kudos OP
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
hadukey:
Good day house,
Abikun, thanks for the good work. Please I need info on what the quality control lab should look like and the test that is expected to b carried out there as expected by nafdac.
Please will it cost much to set up?
Thanks in anticipation
The quality control lab should contain the basic lab equipment like the pH meter, testing kit, TDS meter, microbiological analysis equipment, weighing balance etc. The lab should be well ventilated and illuminated. It should be well constructed to prevent external contamination. Test to be carried out will depend on the company whether it is water or food industry. For water, d test include pH, chlorine residue, microbial load (total plate count), Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), volume determination etc. Food company QC lab test varies. The cost of set up will also depend on the type analysis intended to carry out in the lab. But one should be able to set up a miniature QC lab with #60k to #80k. Though NAFDAC do not compulsory QC lab instead one can hire public analyst. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by hadukey: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
abikun:

The quality control lab should contain the basic lab equipment like the pH meter, testing kit, TDS meter, microbiological analysis equipment, weighing balance etc. The lab should be well ventilated and illuminated. It should be well constructed to prevent external contamination. Test to be carried out will depend on the company whether it is water or food industry. For water, d test include pH, chlorine residue, microbial load (total plate count), Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), volume determination etc. Food company QC lab test varies. The cost of set up will also depend on the type analysis intended to carry out in the lab. But one should be able to set up a miniature QC lab with #60k to #80k. Though NAFDAC do not compulsory QC lab instead one can hire public analyst. Thanks.

Thank you so much for your reply, I'm actually referring for test carried out on bottled water but since u sed we can hire a public analyst then that can solve it pending setting up our own lab

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by DaudaAbu(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing.

Please whats the shelf life for ground nut (peanut) product?

is there any acceptable packaging material (s) for peanuts or other food items.

How do someone go about the analysis (nutrtional value/information) of peanuts? Will analysis gotten online suffice?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
DaudaAbu:
Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing.

Please whats the shelf life for ground nut (peanut) product?

is there any acceptable packaging material (s) for peanuts or other food items.

How do someone go about the analysis (nutrtional value/information) of peanuts? Will analysis gotten online suffice?

Thanks in anticipation
The shelf life of peanut is one year. The acceptable packaging material is pet bottle. Glass bottle and LDPE can also be accepted. If the analysis conform to NAFDAC standard. I will soon upload NAFDAC standard analysis. Just be on the lookout. Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by fryo4life(m): 1:25am On Aug 28, 2016
@abikun, can you please recommend a good fabricator of fruit juice machinery to me? And whose price is very affordable to Start-up business like mine. Thanks
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2016
REQUIREMENTS FOR BREAD INSPECTION

Please arrange four (4) photocopies of the documents in the order it appears below and present the originals for sighting.
1. Application letter (on Company’s letter-headed paper) addressed to:
The Director, Food Safety And Applied Nutrition Directorate:
Labeling (Art work)
The labels of the packaging materials should be in the following pattern.
- Name of product/pack size (Top Portion)
- NAFDAC REG. NO.
- Lists of ingredients (except water)
- Location Address
2. Evidence of Payment
3. Certificate of Incorporation of Company (obtained from Corporate Affairs Commission)
4. Trademark (Acknowledgement & Acceptance)
5. Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Production & for cleaning of factory Premises and Equipment.
6. Food Handlers Test
7. Environment should be free of Pest/Insect
8. All equipment should be stainless steel
9. Any other relevant documents.
PAYMENTS:
1. N31,500 for Advisory Inspection (optional) Not applicable for Youwin project customers.
5% VAT is to be paid along with all payments except for the registration form.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2016
NAFDAC Embarks on 2 Weeks Strike

The National agency for food, drug administration and control will from today Wednesday 19th October, 2016 embark on a two weeks warning strike to press home it demand. According to our source that claims anonymity, the agency demands include:
• Elevation of qualified staffs that passed the promotion examination
• Payment of backlog of arrears
• Reversal of the recent secret recruitment of new staffs.
Thus all activities will be grinded to a halt at all NAFDAC offices nationwide.

Source: https://foodregulationafrica..com.ng
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by charlly2016(m): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Charllychim Ventures, a registered firm in Nigeria, presents to you an opportunity to have an e-book called ‘BASIC ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS ’.
These e-books on basic entrepreneurial skills acquisition are carefully designed to teach step by step training on how to produce more than 30 products and guide you to starting this lucrative business.
Products like: liquid detergent, germicide, antiseptic, hair cream, body cream, petroleum jelly, toilet soap, after shave, shoe polish, toilet wash, bar soap and many other products.
* Where to buy the chemicals, machines, and
*Functions of the chemicals used
*Step by step guide to produce all the products
*Handling of the chemicals
*NAFDAC requirements
*How to get accurate measurement and other relevant techniques of production.
To order:
First e-book…………..N1, 000
Second e-book…………….N1, 000
Third e-book……………N1, 000
E-book on total cure for Pimples, Dandruff, Acne, Eczema and other skin diseases N1,000.
To get any of our e-books:
Call: 08080336220, Whatsapp: 08060190724
Email: charllychim@gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
GM Crops /Technology in Nigeria: To Be or Not

Recently the federal government of Nigeria through one of its agency; National Biosafety Management Agency warned two retail store giants to withdraw products that contains Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). While the All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) has called on farmers across the country to adopt the GM technology, saying it will not affect their farming business or put them out of market. Amidst the debate on whether GM crops are safe or not, some countries in Europe are now sharply divided on the issue. Russia had already .................... [url]foodregulationafrica..com.ng[/url]
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Oduok(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2016
In as much as I apprciate the OP's effort, I must say this post look more like an academic excercise than a practical approach to product registration. A lot people into business or going into business would want to know the basic (minimum requirement) of registrating a cottage industry. I keep seeing big names, big portfolio here - like what we learnt in the university that has no use to an average Nigerian that wants to do a legal business. Having said that: while in school I built a room, parlour kitchen, toilet (mini flat) with a space behind to make shade and want to use it to as a produce household products (liquid detergent, laundary soap, air freshener, bleach, aftershave). I've just come back from NYSC and want to legalize these products. I've registered my business name with CAC. I went to NAFDAC and someone there mentioned trademark (which said would assist for a fee of N40,000). And also was told NAFDAC registration is product by product which from my estimation would not be less than N50,000 per product. And was told of standard equipment. As an Engineering graduate I know you can produce standard bench scale products with readily available vessels. I have a degree in Chemical Engineering, Diploma in Safety Engineering, and Certificate in Cosmetology, Certificate in Entrepreneurship. I really want my bench scale products to be fully registered but all I see including this thread is some big names like Limited Liability Company, Production Manager, all those requirement that scare away young entrepreneurs. Sure I have a production manager (ND holder, Elect/Elect) and Company Secretray (B.A. - English) - though I can't really pay them well for now due to abnoxious requirement to start business. Please is there no hope for young entrepreneurs?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Oduok:
In as much as I apprciate the OP's effort, I must say this post look more like an academic excercise than a practical approach to product registration. A lot people into business or going into business would want to know the basic (minimum requirement) of registrating a cottage industry. I keep seeing big names, big portfolio here - like what we learnt in the university that has no use to an average Nigerian that wants to do a legal business. Having said that: while in school I built a room, parlour kitchen, toilet (mini flat) with a space behind to make shade and want to use it to as a produce household products (liquid detergent, laundary soap, air freshener, bleach, aftershave). I've just come back from NYSC and want to legalize these products. I've registered my business name with CAC. I went to NAFDAC and someone there mentioned trademark (which said would assist for a fee of N40,000). And also was told NAFDAC registration is product by product which from my estimation would not be less than N50,000 per product. And was told of standard equipment. As an Engineering graduate I know you can produce standard bench scale products with readily available vessels. I have a degree in Chemical Engineering, Diploma in Safety Engineering, and Certificate in Cosmetology, Certificate in Entrepreneurship. I really want my bench scale products to be fully registered but all I see including this thread is some big names like Limited Liability Company, Production Manager, all those requirement that scare away young entrepreneurs. Sure I have a production manager (ND holder, Elect/Elect) and Company Secretray (B.A. - English) - though I can't really pay them well for now due to abnoxious requirement to start business. Please is there no hope for young entrepreneurs?

Thanks for the comment. Please you can register your product with enterprises or ventures and not only limited liability. And no where did I stated that you need secretary. The main staff NAFDAC usually requires are MD and PM. Also if you need info on requirements for cottage industry I send it to you.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by maigemuu: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
In this days of financial squeeze and with the drop in oil prices globally, you can leverage on other options other than your paid jobs to earn money from home through a made simple task to get paid.

We are a rapidly growing company of like minded individuals that over past few months has experienced great success through our online marketing system .We are in search of highly motivated individuals that value character,
integrity, and discipline. All applicants will be considered those with and without experience. To be considered please follow instructions below. Good Luck!

We Offer:
*Daily Pay!!
*Residuals
*Complete Training
*Leads provided

What We Need:
*Team Player
*Competitive Edge
*Goal Orientated
*Strong Work Ethic
*Burning Desire to Earn N150,000+ a Month
*Willingness to work from home

PLEASE — SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY-

Would you like to be exposed to a business opportunity that affords you the opportunity of earning residual income daily?
Remuneration is highly attractive and commensurate with best industry standards.
Kindly text, call or chat on whatsapp for updates.

sam: 08096002981
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Oduok(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
abikun:

Thanks for the comment. Please you can register your product with enterprises or ventures and not only limited liability. And no where did I stated that you need secretary. The main staff NAFDAC usually requires are MD and PM. Also if you need info on requirements for cottage industry I send it to you.
Pls send it to me sir.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
As demanded

NAFDAC REQUIREMENTS FOR COTTAGE INDUSTRY

Please arrange four (4) photocopies of the documents in the order it appears below and present the originals for sighting.
1. Application letter (on Company’s letter-headed paper) addressed to:
The Director, Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Directorate:
Labeling (Art work)
The labels of the packaging materials should be in the following pattern.
- Name of product/pack size (Top Portion)
- NAFDAC REG. NO.
- Lists of ingredients (except water)
- Location Address
Read more........ www.foodregulationafrica..com
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANUAL BOTTLING PHASED OUT
To all intending bottle water producers, NAFDAC had henceforth nullified the use of manual operation in bottle water production. Thus, all producers must have either Full Auto Bottle Machine or Semi auto Bottling Machine (which must include Corking Machine).
This need arises to prevent human contact with the bottle water produce except in the area of labelling and shrink wrapping. This may not be unconnected with the recent public outcry about the quality of the bottle water being produced in the country.
In light of this, no more manual washing, filling and corking operations in bottle water production.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by abikun(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
What has been your challenge in the renewal of your production license?
NAFDAC has intensified effort in cracking down on defaulters that failed to renew their expired production licences. Task force had been set up to fish out those defaulters. Why wait till the long arm of NAFDAC enforcement team caught up with you before doing the needful. Fine for payments of expired production license for sachet and bottle water companies is N20,000 for ATWAP members and N50,000 for non ATWAP members.
Sachet water production license is for 2years while that of bottle water is 5years. Other food products vary.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? by Ifylicious: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
abikun:

Officially it costs around #22,000. It will take Five weeks or more depending on how the officials act on it.

Do u do registration of trademark?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sell Your Paypal Funds, Withdraw Your Earnings, Sell Your Payoneer Funds / What Business Can I Start In Nigeria With N3000000 / How Can I Receive OTP Via My Phone With Access Bank Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.